WRT3200ACM??

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
yabadabado_1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
I can't believe how often this question about partitions and how to boot is getting asked over and over on almost every thread in this sub forum.

People please do some reading and also use google. Some of us are getting tired of explaining it daily.

Hi Malachi,

sorry if i'm annoying all of you with this question but i read the forum already and also all this topic containing 65 pages. so i probably didn't saw it and i'll read it again then...
apologize me.

Yaba

regards
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Switching on and off 3 times will boot the wrt routers into the other partition. The one you are not on. So if you are on Linksys and dd-wrt is on the other, 3 on and off will boot dd-wrt.
Or you could switch to dd-wrt by using the "boot to previous firmware" on the troubleshooting page of the Linksys GUI.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Switching on and off 3 times will boot the wrt routers into the other partition. The one you are not on. So if you are on Linksys and dd-wrt is on the other, 3 on and off will boot dd-wrt.
Or you could switch to dd-wrt by using the "boot to previous firmware" on the troubleshooting page of the Linksys GUI.

Seems straight forward. After switching on and off 3 times to switch partitions, it will boot from that partition automatically the next time you boot up.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:

Thank you for your answer Malachi Smile yes that i understand very well that to jump from one partition to the other, you needed the on/off 3 times trick.
what i wondered is that if i'm back to the stock firmware partition after the 3 times on/off trick and 2 days after i need to reboot the router for one or another reason by simply switching off/on 1 time only, will i get back to the stock linksys partition ? i guess yes seeing that i don't switch it off/on 3 times ?

thank you for your light and you kindness Smile
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
@yabadabado_1

pls see the link in my signature , 2nd post is very detailed.

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=312142&highlight=ac86u
yabadabado_1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
hawkway wrote:
Quote:

Seems straight forward. After switching on and off 3 times to switch partitions, it will boot from that partition automatically the next time you boot up.

Hi Hawkway,

thank you for the answer. so you confirm that if i'm on the linksys stock firmware partition after having switched on/off 3 times, and i reboot again the router the day after, i'll still be on stock firmware partition.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
yabadabado_1 wrote:
hawkway wrote:
Quote:

Hi Hawkway,

thank you for the answer. so you confirm that if i'm on the linksys stock firmware partition after having switched on/off 3 times, and i reboot again the router the day after, i'll still be on stock firmware partition.

Are you switching it on and off 3 rimes within 10 seconds while you are on Linksys firmware? No? Then if you turn it off once and it boots back up completely it will still be on the same partition it was when you turned it off.
It's like we are speaking Chinese. Lol

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
看到我簽名中的鏈接

Twisted Evil

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=312142&highlight=ac86u
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
LookingForMyMojo wrote:
看到我簽名中的鏈接

Twisted Evil

Definitely the post of the day, LOL
sploit
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 0:53    Post subject: Chinese Reply with quote
You mean people have to read???

How dare you assume that people need to read Malachi.
Shame on you.

If you dont produce a step by step YouTube Tutorial with kittens how do you ever expect people to comprehend?

Very Happy Very Happy

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
I can't believe how often this question about partitions and how to boot is getting asked over and over on almost every thread in this sub forum.
It is the same procedure for all the wrt series.
People please do some reading and also use google. Some of us are getting tired of explaining it daily.

Wonder if we could add it somewhere like https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys ?

Velop:2 WHW0101, RE6500, RE9000(AP)
Spectrum - 1000/50
SysLog Watcher 5, New security Onion box coming soon, Fingboxes, PiHoles, NEMS, Cacti, rpisurv
Sam1789
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
LookingForMyMojo wrote:
看到我簽名中的鏈接 .. Twisted Evil

Ah the wonders of Google translate. >Neutral Mr. Green ... ... https://translate.google.com/
Though I was disappointed not to see both Cantonese and Mandarin as separate options.

看到我簽名中的鏈接 ... %84%E9%8F%88%E6%8E%A5
See the link in my signature = English; ... Vea el enlace en mi firma = Spanish;
Voir le lien dans ma signature = French; ... Bheka isixhumanisi ku isignesha yami = Zulu; ... Gweler y linc yn fy llofnod = Welsh;

ATHF, I like your suggestion

ATHF wrote:
Wonder if we could add it somewhere like https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys ?

Seriously it would be good to have a FAQ sheet thread sticky'd link that would have accurate answers for these questions which many novices & a sometimes even few experts repeatedly ask. That way the gnomen here would not be getting their backs up so much.

Then if they still wanted to post to the newcomer, they would only have to post one link instead of complaining derogatorily. And that would be more helpful than suggesting that answers are easily found on one or more of the very long threads like this thread or the one now in many signatures. Unfortunately for most people that example link amounts to sending someone to look for a needle in a hay stack. But ...

Besides this would let some newcomers help newer visitors and take some of this "heavy lifting" off the gnomes shoulders.
Note this is posted in the spirit of decreasing those somewhat disruptive reply posts.

Maybe Malachi, a dd-wrt moderator, could help with controlling such a FAQ page. It could exist as a locked or sticky thread. And I'd guess many of us can contribute to its creation.

Sam1789

wrt54GLs for ad'l 3rd tier machines.
ATHF
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="Sam1789"]

ATHF, I like your suggestion [/size]
ATHF wrote:

Maybe Malachi, a dd-wrt moderator, could help with controlling such a FAQ page. It could exist as a locked or sticky thread. And I'd guess many of us can contribute to its creation.

I asked Malachi that sticky question yesterday, for some reason he does not have the ability to do so through the phpBB interface.
Yeah, a FAQ/the basics is also a good idea, I think what is happening is since you can get refurbed units for a lot cheaper (and Linksys always seems to have them), more people are seeing how bad the stock firmware is and "dipping their toes" into firmware alternatives. I mean Linksys had/has refurbed 3200's for 99 bucks last week.

Velop:2 WHW0101, RE6500, RE9000(AP)
Spectrum - 1000/50
SysLog Watcher 5, New security Onion box coming soon, Fingboxes, PiHoles, NEMS, Cacti, rpisurv
Sam1789
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sam1789 wrote:
ATHF wrote:

ATHF, I like your suggestion

ATHF wrote:
Sam1789 wrote:
Seriously it would be good to have a FAQ sheet thread sticky'd link that would have accurate answers for these questions which many novices & a sometimes even few experts repeatedly ask. That way the gnomen here would not be getting their backs up so much.

Yeah, a FAQ/the basics is also a good idea.

Great. Let's start with a list of questions to be answered in such a FAQ. But lets start privately and recruit others. Then the we can expand it with good succinct answers. From what I've read here in dd-wrt, there are a lot of top router experts & tech people participating. As a thread it should be easier to work on & get into place. Then maybe the FAQ could evolve into a wiki. And as you said the number of new people interested in the 3200 looks to be increasing rapidly.

ATHF wrote:

I think what is happening is since you can get refurbed units for a lot cheaper (and Linksys always seems to have them), more people are seeing how bad the stock firmware is and "dipping their toes" into firmware alternatives. I mean Linksys had/has refurbed 3200's for 99 bucks last week.

Agreed there does seem to be an increase in newcomers. And as BrainSlayer is getting close to the end of the difficult development of dd-wrt for these routers, there will likely be even more.

ATHF wrote:
Sam1789 wrote:

I asked Malachi that sticky question yesterday, for some reason he does not have the ability to do so through the phpBB interface.

Yes I found that out also. But Moderators can lock threads so at least we could get a thread dedicated to this FAQ locked. Then it couldn't get trounced on but could still be temporarily unlocked to be updated or expanded.

If it works out well well we can ask BrainSlayer to sticky it. I'd guess as long as the FAQ is good enough, he'd at least consider it. After all he's said he is tired of the derogatory negative sniping that only serves to elicit angry responses from those who are getting dis'd.

Sam1789

wrt54GLs for ad'l 3rd tier machines.
lanbudget
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm really grateful to Brainslayer and forum regulars for troubleshooting WRT3200ACM firmware. The router is looking quite stable now.

Like other users, I'd love to see a revert-to-factory firmware. Flashing with dd-wrt and updating dd-wrt happens all too often. Unfortunately this overwrites stock completely.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 197, 198, 199  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 66 of 199
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: