WRT3200ACM??

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
mikesal57
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 15:34    Post subject: Re: @BS - Thank you! Reply with quote
Dewalt wrote:
Im fairly new to the forums, first post actually.

Ive been following this thread for months and wanted to say Thank you! to Brainslayer ( and all those involved ) for all your hard work, sleep less nights, and tireless effort!!

Ive just pulled the trigger and upgraded my Wrt3200Acm from Linksys Factory to DD-WRT BS Build r32086 this morning.

So far everything is up and running very smoothly!
Im only using the 2.4ghz wireless in mixed mode, Ath0 and Ath2 are turned off.

Is there still a problem ( I belive it was running out of nvram ) when running the 2.4 and 5ghz wireless at the same time?

Again thank you for all your hard work!!!

Can you detail each step to install...I read somewhere that you can write to different partition other than stock and have both..thxs for your time
Sponsor
Dariusz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 15:45    Post subject: Re: @BS - Thank you! Reply with quote
mikesal57 wrote:
Dewalt wrote:

Ive been following this thread for months and wanted to say Thank you! to Brainslayer ( and all those involved ) for all your hard work, sleep less nights, and tireless effort!!

Ive just pulled the trigger and upgraded my Wrt3200Acm from Linksys Factory to DD-WRT BS Build r32086 this morning.

Is there still a problem ( I belive it was running out of nvram ) when running the 2.4 and 5ghz wireless at the same time?

Can you detail each step to install...I read somewhere that you can write to different partition other than stock and have both..thxs for your time

I was just learning about it.

From what I can tell, when you install firmware it will install to other partition

SO links partition 1
install firmware
dd-wrt parition 2
when being in dd-wrt if u install firmware it will install in partition 1 and overwrite that firmware.

Codes to control where/how to boot u can find here in second post:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Dariusz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey

Wanted to thank you all for this topic. Read a bit of it and helped me quite a bit here and there.

I got the latest firmware from the previous page.

Are WIFI issues to be expected?

I have these problems:

ATH0 = will work at max in 40mhz. Won't work in 80 nor 160 - or I get super slow transfer speeds Sad
ATH1 = I think it worked fine in whatever I set it up in
ATH2 = I think it maxed out at 80, no 160 option at all? Hardware limitation or firmware?

If there are any files/logs I can provide or if there is any setting I need to tweak to have ath0 running at 160 I be happy top provide... I'd like to get it all to run in either 80/80 or 160/160. Atm, my ath0@40mhz at max speed will go up to 200mbps, whereas ath2@80mhz goes 433+ :X
Dewalt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 16:20    Post subject: Re: @BS - Thank you! Reply with quote
mikesal57 wrote:
Dewalt wrote:

I went to the Linksys page to update the firmware in the router, clicked Manual, found my file factory-to-ddwrt.bin Clicked Yes, then Yes, and Done. I didnt do anything special, no 30/30/30 and I was on Firmware 1.0.5.xxx from linksys.

AFAIK Right now, I have both but ill have to double check that with the bootpart once I enable ssh to the router.
Dunkelstar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just picked up a WRT3200ACM from the refurbished Linksys site. With the work you guys have been putting into it and the current price point it really made sense.

Currently am running a WT1900ACS with kong firmware, it's been a solid performer. I'll put BS's r32086 firmware on the WRT3200 and see how it runs as an access point hooked up to powerline adapter at the other end of the house prior to running it as the primary router.

Cheers to BrainSlayer for all the effort. I'll post any problems I run into . . . to help (in a small way) with the effort.

/first post, long time lurker.
mikesal57
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 17:47    Post subject: Re: @BS - Thank you! Reply with quote
Dewalt wrote:
mikesal57 wrote:
Dewalt wrote:

I went to the Linksys page to update the firmware in the router, clicked Manual, found my file factory-to-ddwrt.bin Clicked Yes, then Yes, and Done. I didnt do anything special, no 30/30/30 and I was on Firmware 1.0.5.xxx from linksys.

AFAIK Right now, I have both but ill have to double check that with the bootpart once I enable ssh to the router.

OK understood that part in getting ddwrt factory to dd....now you have to install BS version...how do you install that file?
yabadabado_1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello dd-wrt community,

it's been a long time that i've not come to this forum because last router i flashed was my WRT54GS Very Happy
i bought the wrt3200ACM in december seeing the advertise from linksys that it's an open-source ready but was very disappointed seing the Marvell chip wifi issues that everybody had Sad
But today, i'm glad to see that, if i'm not wrong, we are now able to exploit the wrt3200acm with my favorite dd-wrt firmware Smile

I want to thank Brainslayer and all the community for that brilliant work you did to make this happen !!!

i just have a question because i could understand that there are 2 partitions on this router and i don't want to mess up with this. so i saw some tuto's/posts explaining this but i'm still a bit confused.
i see that there are 2 files for r32086 firmware. so we install the first one factory too dd-wrt and then the second one. but i there any trick to install it on the second partition to avoid scratching the stock partition ?

thank you for your answers.

best regards

yabadabado
FredS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 18:12    Post subject: Problems with wifi and iphone ipad Reply with quote
I have been trying to get the wifi working with r31924 (May 2) and iPhone or ipad. Doesn't work. It will work with android and other wifi devices. Anyone else with this problem?
FredS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 18:21    Post subject: Problems with wifi and iphone ipad Reply with quote
I forgot to mention, this is on the WRT3200ACM.
Dariusz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
yabadabado_1 wrote:
Hello dd-wrt community,
i see that there are 2 files for r32086 firmware. so we install the first one factory too dd-wrt and then the second one. but i there any trick to install it on the second partition to avoid scratching the stock partition ?

thank you for your answers.

best regards

yabadabado

I'm not sure thats right. I just installed the "Firmware to DD-WRT" one and I'm on DD-WRT. No idea what for ist he second file for.

You mean this file right> "ddwrt-linksys-wrt3200acm-webflash.bin"
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
You folks need to stop and read about how to load to the partitions or you'll end up with DD-wrt on both.

If you flash "factory to dd-wrt" and then flash the second file from within the new dd-wrt web interface which is actually the one you're wanting you'll have over-writen both partitions.

I don't care to go back to the original firmware at this point but until recently this has been a pretty big issue.

Recovery for me is super easy but for others it may be a major pain in the ass, especially if you're not familiar with the process.

I suggest you read or do a search on wrt3200acm and partitions. Good Luck.
Dariusz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
aairon wrote:
You folks need to stop and read about how to load to the partitions or you'll end up with DD-wrt on both.

If you flash "factory to dd-wrt" and then flash the second file from within the new dd-wrt web interface which is actually the one you're wanting you'll have over-writen both partitions.
Recovery for me is super easy but for others it may be a major pain in the ass, especially if you're not familiar with the process.

I suggest you read or do a search on wrt3200acm and partitions. Good Luck.

I looked quickly over google for webflash info but did not find anything. What is that webflash for? do we need it? I just did factory-to-ddwrt and mostly all works... except for wifi ath0 which dont run at full speed for some reason :- (
Doomed_to_Fail
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ BrainSlayer
Does the following error mean anything to you and or is it important?
"daemon.warn radvd[1278]: invalid all-zeros prefix in /tmp/radvd.conf, line 11 "

I only know it's been there since r32061 as I did not have syslog enabled before that.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Duel partition flashing Try this posting to understand how it all works.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Know what you are doing before you flash both partitions by mistake. Read. I have not done this yet, waiting for router. My understanding is.....

two partitions both with linksys ROM initially,

when you do first flash the partition (call it partition 2) has initial flash DD-WRT on it and it boots to partition 2, BUT the other partition (partition 1) still has Linksys stock ROM [and you probably want to keep it that way] If you do the second flash from the DD-WRT partition (partition 2) it will flash the other partition (partition 1) and boot to that partition (1) so now you have the initial DD-WRT flash on Partition 2 AND THE Brainslayer dd-wrt on partition 1 and are booting to partition 1. In order to avaoid this and keep a copy of stock rom you need to change to the other partition before doing the second flash. Please verify on your own that this is true. As stated I have not done it yet. Waiting for router
Sam1789
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dariusz wrote:

I looked quickly over google for webflash info but did not find anything. What is that webflash for? do we need it? I just did factory-to-ddwrt and mostly all works... except for wifi ath0 which dont run at full speed for some reason :- (

Great thanks and Kudos to BrainSlayer et al for sticking with this 3200acm & solving its problems.
It's looking like you've gotten us almost there !!!!

Again & Again Thanks Very Very Much BrainSlayer !!
As another person new to these "latest" wrt routers, I certainly understand that it can be hard to figure these boxes out. It would probably be a good idea for an expert here to do some write ups summarizing things like the 2 partitions, etc. That would help people starting out with these boxes. On the other hand, I wonder if there have been very many routers that have had the volume of issues these wrt-'s have?

Try these links about the partitions. I think you can get information that likely will help you.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1050333
and this older one ref LEDE forum
https://forum.lede-project.org/t/information-required-about-dual-partitions-on-linksys-wrt3200acm/1594

Also re the two files for each build: I believe the factory to dd-wrt one is for flashing from the LinkSys Fw. And the Webflash one is for flashing from the dd-wrt FW. Both will put what you are flashing into the other partition, over writing what ever was in that other partition previously.

If it helps, from what I've found so far the 2 partition scheme seems to be a "feature" added by LinkSys as part of their "Smart WiFi". It would seem to make it easier to recover from a bad update or a misconfigured box. Not sure I entirely agree with that any more than I do with the LinkSys "you must register" and use their cloud to access what I expect see as normally standard router setting options.

Sam

dem737, Oops you typed faster than I did. Good explanation.

wrt54GLs for ad'l 3rd tier machines.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 197, 198, 199  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 61 of 199
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: