ASUS RT-AC1200 (non-G/G+) Support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
rnaff
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 17:19    Post subject: ASUS RT-AC1200 (non-G/G+) Support Reply with quote
Hey DD-WRT community.

I've spent the last two days scouring the forums to confirm this info without having to make a post on here.

The asus unit I bought from fry's is this unit:

https://www.asus.com/Networking/RT-AC1200/

When I go to supported devices on dd-wrt, it says the the RT-AC56U is the same as the (AC1200), but this is not the same device. My device has 4 external antennas and has newer features.

Does anyone know if a build of DD-WRT has been ported for my unit yet?

I'm eager to get it setup with my VPN service so I can have an anonymous home environment for all devices connected.

Thanks for helping me out guys!
Sponsor
cnlohr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:52    Post subject: Re: ASUS RT-AC1200 Reply with quote
I just went to fry's and bought this router, too.

Got home and can't even get the stock firmware to do bridge mode. This thing is a total piece of junk.

Also, they switched the processor out in the HW Rev A ones, so no open source firmware works with it. I intend to go back tomorrow to switch it out for a real router, if they'll let me.

Code:

admin@RT-AC1200:/tmp/home/root# cat /proc/cpuinfo
system type             : MT7628
processor               : 0
cpu model               : MIPS 24Kc V5.5
BogoMIPS                : 386.04
wait instruction        : yes
microsecond timers      : yes
tlb_entries             : 32
extra interrupt vector  : yes
hardware watchpoint     : yes, count: 4, address/irw mask: [0x0000, 0x0d88, 0x08b0, 0x0198]
ASEs implemented        : mips16 dsp
shadow register sets    : 1
core                    : 0
VCED exceptions         : not available
VCEI exceptions         : not available

(It's a MT7628 so it's totally incompatible with everything that's reasonable and easy to upgrade to.)

TL;DR: If you see a RT-AC1200, STEER CLEAR (at least as of November 5, 2015)

rnaff wrote:
Hey DD-WRT community.

I've spent the last two days scouring the forums to confirm this info without having to make a post on here.

The asus unit I bought from fry's is this unit:

https://www.asus.com/Networking/RT-AC1200/

When I go to supported devices on dd-wrt, it says the the RT-AC56U is the same as the (AC1200), but this is not the same device. My device has 4 external antennas and has newer features.

Does anyone know if a build of DD-WRT has been ported for my unit yet?

I'm eager to get it setup with my VPN service so I can have an anonymous home environment for all devices connected.

Thanks for helping me out guys!
drdedus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://m.gearbest.com/wireless-routers/pp_290309.html
55$ here but I do not know if is working with ddwrt
oi4oi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
drdedus wrote:
http://m.gearbest.com/wireless-routers/pp_290309.html
55$ here but I do not know if is working with ddwrt

It's that cheap cos it's the mediatek one ... I'd get the g or g+ as those are the broadcom ones.

PS:
Any news for dd-wrt support? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Mikesco3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:14    Post subject: Any news on AC1200 firmware ? Reply with quote
I'm having the issue that when I download files it gets interrupted a million times. I know it's not the laptop because I can switch to my hotspot and then download fine.
I suspect it is this buggy Asus AC1200 router.
fylan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:29    Post subject: Enabled wireless bridging Reply with quote
Long time DD-WRT user here ... since the days of the Linksys WRT54G.

I bought one of these Rev A units explicitly for the purpose of wirelessly connecting a few PCs in another room. Imagine my shock at realizing there was no built in wireless bridging. I'd love to see a DD-WRT version for this unit.

In the meantime ... wireless bridging can be accomplished by flashing the unit with an Asus N600 (I believe custom) by Padavan.

Basically, download the N600 Padavan firmware, the rescue software from Asus, and flashing said software via the rescue tool.

http://threeheadedguardian.com/?page_id=398
BungieCord
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I gather there's still no support for the RT-AC1200, only the G+? I ask because eBay has factory refurbs for $28, delivered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: