ASUS3100 RT-AC88U (ASUSTek - CFE miniWeb Server)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
la3y
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 03 Mar 2017
Posts: 11
Location: Russia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello DD-WRT team and others users DD-WRT firmware.
I'm have AC88U with last stock firmware, bl_version=3.0.0.0, i'm try to flash last beta DD-WRT on this day ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/02-28-2017-r31544/asus-rt-ac88u/ from instruction:

To install DD-WRT Firmware:
0 ) Install Asus Firmware Recovery Utility to PC
1 ) Do hard reset on router
2 ) Put router in recovery mode
3 ) Run the Asus Firmware Recovery Utility on PC
4 ) Upload compatible DD-WRT firmware/build for your devise
5 ) Start the recovery (if router is not in recovery mode the utility will tell you)
6 ) Once finished wait 5 min
7 ) Do hard reset on router again
8 ) Go to 192.168.1.1
9 ) Welcome to DD-WRT user/pass creation page
10 ) You now have DD-WRT running on your devise

But after flash via Asus Firmware Recovery Utility my devise is not start on DD-WRT firmware, problem in the bl_version=3.0.0.0 or i do something wrong?

This instruction is actual and for all devise form ASUS?

Also i'm have N66U he has same problem with CFE?

I'm need downgrade CFE? How to do this? Or waiting workable DD-WRT firmware?

Sorry for my bad english.
Best regards, Peter
Sponsor
techpro2004
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 08 Jul 2016
Posts: 33

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
there is a bug with the 2017 builds. Try one from here (ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/12-15-2016-r30949/asus-rt-ac88u/)
la3y
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 03 Mar 2017
Posts: 11
Location: Russia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
techpro2004 wrote:
there is a bug with the 2017 builds. Try one from here (ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/12-15-2016-r30949/asus-rt-ac88u/)


This firmware well be flashed but have many bugs and don't workable, when i'm change wan (P2TP settings, other wan settings not tested) and wifi settings wan is not work, wan led not work, wifi 2,4GHz led not work, wifi 2.4GHz work, wifi 5GHz invisible for Iphone, led is work, restore default settings via GUI is not work, cpu overclocking is not work, RT-AC88U have 8 lan ports but in GUI i see 4 and not tested, then i'm flash stock firmware, it was very difficult because the reset button is not work, i did so, via gui try to flash Merlin firmware, firmware is not flash but dd-wrt is work, then try again push reset batton and batton is work normal, then via ASUS recowery utility flashed asus firmware.

Probably it is too early to use DD-WRT on this devise.

Sorry for my bad english.
Best regards, Peter
techpro2004
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 08 Jul 2016
Posts: 33

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am not quite sure what you are trying to say. but this build works fine for me.
davidstoll
DD-WRT User


Joined: 24 Apr 2009
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is your's: bl_version=3.0.0.0 ?

I think that is the issue. You may have an earlier hardware version, which works.


techpro2004 wrote:
I am not quite sure what you are trying to say. but this build works fine for me.
la3y
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 03 Mar 2017
Posts: 11
Location: Russia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
davidstoll wrote:
Is your's: bl_version=3.0.0.0 ?

I think that is the issue. You may have an earlier hardware version, which works.


techpro2004 wrote:
I am not quite sure what you are trying to say. but this build works fine for me.


So what should I do now? How i can use workable dd-wrt?

_________________
NETGEAR WNR2200 OpenWrt 18.06.0
NETGEAR R7800 OpenWrt 18.06.0
ASUS RT-N18U - SOLD
ASUS RT-N66U - SOLD
ASUS RT-AC88U - SOLD
davidstoll
DD-WRT User


Joined: 24 Apr 2009
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
la3y wrote:

So what should I do now? How i can use workable dd-wrt?


Yeah, exactly my question...but other than "wait", I don't think there is a solution.
Iker316
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 12 May 2017
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 15:05    Post subject: Just received new rt-ac88u Reply with quote
UPS just dropped off new ac88u yesterday and I started to put DD-WRT on right away. so I have read about every post I could find and I've tried couple versions from 30880 to latest using the recovery tool, but it just sits with power light on and reboots every so often. I even let it sit over night and still same issue this morning.
Anyone have and Idea how to get this to load DD-WRT firmware on this? really need to use VLAN options for my network.
davidstoll
DD-WRT User


Joined: 24 Apr 2009
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 16:42    Post subject: Re: Just received new rt-ac88u Reply with quote
Try Asus Merlin for that unit. I love D-Day, but just won't go on this unit with the newer hardware version. Sad

Iker316 wrote:
UPS just dropped off new ac88u yesterday and I started to put DD-WRT on right away. so I have read about every post I could find and I've tried couple versions from 30880 to latest using the recovery tool, but it just sits with power light on and reboots every so often. I even let it sit over night and still same issue this morning.
Anyone have and Idea how to get this to load DD-WRT firmware on this? really need to use VLAN options for my network.
Iker316
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 12 May 2017
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I have never use DD-WRT before and there have been some networking guys bragging about it and I like what I'm reading, but my first shot at this is a epic fail!

I just can't believe that there is someone out there building software, creating directories, and putting in some great effort for couple years just to have such a major fail! come on, there has to be a pro out there!

Please help us out!!!!!
davidstoll
DD-WRT User


Joined: 24 Apr 2009
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
The wonderful people who work on dd-wrt have the daunting task of trying to make it work for 10 zillion different pieces of equipment. It's impossible and sometimes it takes a while for a new piece of equipment (or new hardware version of that same piece of equipment) to work. If that is the hardware you have, either wait (indefinitely) or try Asus Merlin and get a similar experience.

Crazy thought, move to Asus Merlin and then move to dd-wrt when they support your specific unit.

Or you can contribute coding...or you can send someone a duplicate piece of equipment who can code it up. There are people here that will take shipments of equipment to test.

It isn't an "epic fail", they haven't gotten to your specific hardware version yet. It takes time (maybe it will never work for that specific item). dd-wrt works just fine on lots of other equipment. Buy one that is compatible and you'll be set.


Iker316 wrote:
So I have never use DD-WRT before and there have been some networking guys bragging about it and I like what I'm reading, but my first shot at this is a epic fail!

I just can't believe that there is someone out there building software, creating directories, and putting in some great effort for couple years just to have such a major fail! come on, there has to be a pro out there!

Please help us out!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum