Your reports for Broadcom units are highly appreciated !
This build thread is for reporting successes and problem with loading this experimental test build. This is important info for developers and users. Always state your hardware and SPECIFIC build (e.g. 29621_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv64k.bin). Do not ask questions about your specific router or how to configure it in this thread; create your own thread to discuss any specific problems you have or need resolved. Please also do not respond to such questions. This thread is to report info, not to seek it. Posts that do not add to understanding this build will be deleted. Make sure you know how to flash properly and the risk before using this build. It is important to adhere to these requirements, to keep this thread from becoming impossibly long and useless. If you don't know what build to flash and how to flash properly and have a means of recovery if things should go wrong, do NOT flash this experimental test build.
DD-WRT v3.0-r31544 mega (02/28/17)
Linux 2.4.37 #44824 Tue Feb 28 04:09:38 CET 2017 mips
Reset from previous 31156
openVPN Server TUN
using 2048-bit key certs
Best speed 1 Mbps connected from the outside.
Decent setup for the paranoid to connect back to the homeworld from
afar using an ancient router .. as long as not in hurry about it.
WiFi w/security is active and min firewall needed nvram is 29 of its 32. [size: 29710 bytes (3058 left)]
I originally had this as openVPN client and disabled but left keys in so
that caused a nvram overload when setup server. Took few minutes to figure why it
wouldn't save server certs and would not add tun route
Of course you can save a bit using 1024 keys.
'bout all I know
Kernel: Linux 4.4.52 #1251 SMP Mon Feb 27 06:45:50 CET 2017 armv7l
Reset: No, then Yes
Going from 30880 to 31544 causes the load to go from 0.10 to around 1.0 because of ebtables and openvpn. I tried a reset but after I set everything back up it was still at the same load so no difference. Everything seems to work ok.
Linksys E2500 v1
DD-WRT v3.0-r31544 mega (02/28/17)
Linux 3.10.105 #13858 Tue Feb 28 09:12:22 CET 2017 mips
gateway AP + isolated guest
QOS HTB FQ_Codel w/ 7 Services Priority
ssh tun to webif
Twenty-four hours up then the vpn drops reminds me of what was happening with 31277 where it would just lock up. Rebooted the router, openvpn didn't come up by itself had to ssh in and start it myself. Might have to go back to 30880...again...not ideal.
I heard a while back Kong was working on some fixes for openvpn 2.4 have those been merged into the main build? Or would it be better to just use Kong's build for my r7000?
Still trying to figure out what is causing this. Ever since my bad lockup and reboot yesterday the router came up without /usr/sbin/ebtables -t nat -D POSTROUTING -o tap1 --pkttype-type multicast -j DROP showing up in top which was good because this process eats 50% of the cpu and was responsible for the high load.
I have 2 problems now the first being that openvpn is not starting when the router does and I have to ssh in killall openvpn, stopservice openvpn, startservice openvpn. I think this may have something to do with openvpn trying to start before the wan is up. The second problem is this ebtables process seems to show up randomly, sometimes when I restart openvpn other times it is running when I reboot. Killing the pid usually works at fixing it, though I'm not sure if it's a good idea.
Router: Asus RT-N18U
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r31544 std (02/28/17)
Kernel: VersionLinux 4.4.52 #1255 Tue Feb 28 05:32:38 CET 2017 armv7l
Previous: ASUS Stock FW
Status: one problem found
Errors: on startup, ebtables enters to endless loop, causing high cpu usage. See the picture in attachment. Running ebtables on the command line has also a problem, it is not responding at all.
Last edited by jikkine on Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:06; edited 1 time in total
Kernel Version: Linux 4.4.52 #1251 SMP Mon Feb 27 06:45:50 CET 2017 armv7l
Errors: NTP does not appear to be being displayed correctly. For example -8GMT is three hours fast. I have tried a few different time servers, time.windows.com and time.nist.gov as well as a few settings such as US/Pacific and US/Pacific-New with no luck. After a few seconds the time updates and changes for each it's just wrong.