WIKI: create account / edits

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
bescritt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 17:16    Post subject: Keep Alive script for repeaters and clients Reply with quote
Could not reach anybody at info@dd-wrt.com.

Please post this to the wiki at:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Useful_Scripts#Automatic_Connection_Repair_.28always_on.sh.29

Code:

#!/bin/sh
# A startup script that rivals watchdog in repeater or client mode

# When used on a Linksys WRT310N v2 that repeats a dodgy AP,
#    we get 7+ day uptimes vs the 3-5h uptimes given by watchdog
# (tested with build 15940)
##################################################################

# After a successful ping, wait this long to check again.
# Recommend setting this to the time it takes to grab a cup of coffee

coffee=300

while true; do
   count=0
   until ping -c 2 -W 2 www.google.com; do
      # When we cannot get two consecutive pongs,
      #    then attempt to restore connection

if [ $count -eq 3 ]; then
         # If we have tried bouncing wland 3 times,
         #    then try rebooting the router

reboot
      fi

wland    # bounce wland
      sleep 45 # wait 45 seconds for association
      count=`expr $count + 1`
   done

sleep $coffee
done
Sponsor
bescritt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 17:34    Post subject: How to contact the shop team Reply with quote
No reply for several weeks after emailing info@dd-wrt.com.

However, after going to the project website and following the contact links, we get to a web form for contacting the team.

You will have to fill out a captcha to prove you are not a robot.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/contact

I got a reply in 24h.
majo83
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there,

could you create an account for me. I'd change the articly about openvpn (http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/OpenVPN ) myself if granted. If not, I'd like to propose the following changes:

In the point "4.1 Static Key" it should be mentioned that a static key does not work with server mode. Static keys can be used in daemon mode of the server only.

Furthermode, there is not documentation what server and daemon mode is. I'd like to add a paragraph like this:

Server Mode vs. daemon mode

In server mode, the openvpn server will allocate addresses to clients out of the given network/netmask. The server itself will take the ".1" address of the given network for use as the server-side endpoint of the local TUN/TAP interface. In daemon mode, the to be used ip addresses have to be supplied with the ifconfig command.

Regards,
majo83
rkitover
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 21:28    Post subject: update for 6rd script in ipv6 tutorial Reply with quote
Hi, I wanted to update the script for 6rd in the ipv6 tutorial here:

https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/IPv6#6rd

This is my (working) script, created using the existing script as well as http://www.litech.org/6rd/ .

This is for the Charter internet 6rd service, for other ISPs it should be sufficient to merely change the config at the top.

This was tested on:

DD-WRT v3.0-r30471 giga

on a Linksys EA6500v1 router.

10/10 score from test-ipv6.com (with DNS servers added to windows config.)

Code:

HOST6RD=6rd.charter.com
PREFIX=2602:100
ROUTER_LAN_IP=192.168.1.1

insmod /lib/modules/`uname -r`/ipv6.ko 2>/dev/null
insmod /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/net/ipv6/sit.ko 2>/dev/null

WANIP="$(ifconfig vlan2 | sed -n '/inet /{s/.*addr://;s/ .*//;p}')"
IP6RD=$(nslookup $HOST6RD 2>/dev/null | grep "Address" | awk '{ print $3 }'|\
        grep -v $ROUTER_LAN_IP)

if [ -n "$WANIP" ]; then
  V6PREFIX=$(printf $PREFIX':%02x%02x:%02x%02x' $(echo $WANIP | tr . ' '))
  ip tunnel add tun6rd mode sit local $WANIP ttl 255
  ip tunnel 6rd dev tun6rd 6rd-prefix $PREFIX::/32
  ip addr add $V6PREFIX::1/32 dev tun6rd
  ip addr add $V6PREFIX::1/64 dev br0
  ip link set tun6rd mtu 1280
  ip link set tun6rd up
  ip route add ::/0 via ::$IP6RD dev tun6rd

ip6tables -I FORWARD -s $V6PREFIX::1/64 -j ACCEPT

kill -HUP $(cat /var/run/radvd.pid) 2>/dev/null
fi

echo "\
interface br0 { \
  MinRtrAdvInterval 3; MaxRtrAdvInterval 10; AdvLinkMTU 1280;
  AdvSendAdvert on; \
  prefix $V6PREFIX::/64 {
    AdvOnLink on; AdvAutonomous on; AdvValidLifetime 86400; \
    AdvPreferredLifetime 86400; }; \
  };" \
> /tmp/radvd.conf

radvd -C /tmp/radvd.conf start

For Comcast, the config would be:

Code:

HOST6RD=6rd.comcast.net
PREFIX=2001:55c

of course for Comcast this should not be necessary because they support DHCPv6 with prefix delegation pretty much everywhere now.

In Setup -> IPV6 it should be set to "Native IPV6 from ISP" with all other fields blank/disabled.

Also please add a note that Windows clients cannot receive a DNS server using radvd, for this using dnsmasq to handle DHCPv6 can work as described here:

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=290486
rkitover
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 13:53    Post subject: updated Charter 6rd config with dnsmasq Reply with quote
I posted my now fully working config here:

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1060762#1060762
ruggb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 16:39    Post subject: Wiki RE bridging is confused Reply with quote
Please unconfuse me......or the wiki........

The Repeater Bridge wiki ---
https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge
states......
"The limitation with standard bridging is that it only allows wired clients to connect to your secondary router. Wireless clients cannot connect to your secondary router configured as a standard bridge."
It goes on to say..........
"Repeater Bridge allows wireless AND wired clients to connect to a the Repeater Bridge router, and through that device wirelessly to a primary router. You can still use this mode if you only need to bridge wired clients; the extra wireless repeater capability comes along for free; however, you are not required to use it."
Does anyone else see the conflict there??????

"Standard" is undefined. Since there are 2 bridging modes (Client & Repeater) I am assuming "standard" refers to either mode set up as a bridge. THEREFORE, a Repeater Bridge cannot have wireless clients, but then the picture shows a wireless client.

Also note that there are instances of the use of "WIRELESS BRIDGE" which is followed by "(CLIENT BRIDGE)". Why add to the confusion by adding another undefined term instead of just writing "CLIENT BRIDGE"??

Also note above the extra "a" here, "connect to a the Repeater"

Also note that the title on the "CLIENT BRIDGED" wiki probably should be "CLIENT BRIDGE". Both terms are also used indiscriminately throughout the wiki.
ruggb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Part of the wiki confusion appears to be new vs old. My impressions are:
"WIRELESS BRIDGE" is old - so use should be "CLIENT BRIDGE (wireless bridge)" not reverse.
"CLIENT BRIDGED" is a lazy typo and should be changed to "CLIENT BRIDGE" in all instances. That is what the control panel says it is.
"STANDARD BRIDGE" is old - so use should be the same as Wireless Bridge as it seems to be the same things.

I would edit this all but I no longer have the appropriate account and can't create one.
ruggb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 18:28    Post subject: Error in GLOSSARY Reply with quote
There are plenty of errors here but this one is worth mentioning and fixing:
"WOL
(Wake-On-LAN)
Wake-on-LAN is an Ethernet computer networking standard that allows a shut-down computer to be booted remotely. .........."

A SHUT-DOWN computer will not WAKE. Shut-Down == dead, no power. It MUST be SLEEPING to WAKE.
ruggb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 19:28    Post subject: Another gross error Reply with quote
Repeater
While repeater is not a selection in the "Wireless Mode" drop-down menu,.........

This should be listed as "WDS Repeater". "Repeater" is obviously listed in the dropdown menu.

A REPEATER should also be listed and this description is not accurate for either, so both need to be rewritten.
ruggb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:17    Post subject: You can't there from here Reply with quote
IF you get to "Linking routers" by some miracle and you click on DD-WRT wiki mainpage at the top
"You are here: DD-WRT wiki mainpage / Linking Routers" it becomes impossible to get back to Linking routers by clicking on a link -- because it is not under DD-WRT wiki mainpage
It is DD-WRT wiki mainpage / Tutorials / Linking routers.

Ever wonder why people are confused?
ian5142
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:31    Post subject: Note to wiki access Reply with quote
If you are trying to change something in the wiki it is best to either create a ticket on the SVN or at the very least PM tatsuya46 (not a dev, but has wiki access) and brainslayer (main dev). tatsuya46 has posted stuff for me.

In the case of Repeater bridge and client bridge, it is best not to use either. WDS is much more stable if you have 2 routers that use the same chipset (Broadcom or Atheros). https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WDS_Linked_router_network

Some dd-wrt wiki pages are up to date, others are not. PM me if you find an old one.

Atheros:
Netgear R7800 x3 - WDS AP / station, gateway, QoS
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 x2 - WDS Station
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 - WDS Station
TP-Link 841nd v8 - NU
D-Link 615 C1/E3/I1 x 7 - 1 WDS station
D-Link 825 B1 - NU
D-Link 862L A1 x2 - WDS Station
Netgear WNDR3700v2 - NU
UBNT loco M2 x2 - airOS

Broadcom
Linksys EA6400 - Gateway, QoS
Asus N66U - AP
Netgear WNDR3700v3 - not used
MediaTek
UBNT EdgeRouter X - switch
MrPete
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
ian5142 suggested this is the place for me to request being added as a wiki editor.

Yes please... this is one way I feel I can helpfully and effectively/efficiently contribute.

I have lots of experience with wiki editing, tech documentation (ensuring both readable and correct in detail) etc...

If the Powers That Be have questions, please PM me.

Thanks so much,
Pete
EmmaParker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Its due to spammers, you can check now. They have a very strict policy
leiqunni
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:52    Post subject: Re: Note to wiki access Reply with quote
I'm a Japanese translator!
I need a account to access wiki.

or create anothor wiki using same account of this forum.

[quote="ian5142"]If you are trying to change something in the wiki it is best to either create a ticket on the SVN or at the very least PM tatsuya46 (not a dev, but has wiki access) and brainslayer (main dev). tatsuya46 has posted stuff for me.

In the case of Repeater bridge and client bridge, it is best not to use either. WDS is much more stable if you have 2 routers that use the same chipset (Broadcom or Atheros). https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WDS_Linked_router_network[/quote]
spaceghost
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there any hope of us legitimate longtime users getting the ability to help update the wiki pages? There is so much old and bad information and as a long time user of the DD-WRT, I'd be happy to update some stuff to give back to the community?

Navigation

Jump to: