WRT3200ACM??

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Adamcarter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 0:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
No response from kong, yet. I asked if we could send him a box.

I just need a paypal adress of where who ever wants to take lead on this (ahem ATHF) Wink probably best to pm us individually, so we can get this rolling.
Sponsor
ATHF
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Adamcarter wrote:

I just need a paypal adress of where who ever wants to take lead on this (ahem ATHF) Wink probably best to pm us individually, so we can get this rolling.

First we need to know for sure if it is available there, as with mine and Malachi's weirdness with the amazon.de site.
I will also send him a PM asking him if it is available, if he would work on a firmware for it (he is a busy guy, I am sure), and if it would be better to either do PayPal to him directly or to the main donation PayPal account for DD-WRT if available.

Velop:2 WHW0101, RE6500, RE9000(AP)
Spectrum - 1000/50
SysLog Watcher 5, New security Onion box coming soon, Fingboxes, PiHoles, NEMS, Cacti, rpisurv
datdrive
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found this on these forums and it worked great for me. I was able to create the usb by using a redhat 6 vm. But this did bring me back to stock Linksys firmware.

Here is a way to get back to stock (Without using USB to TTL)assuming you have overwritten both partitions, written by Chadster766 (towards the bottom):

http://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/WRT3200ACM-with-dd-wrt-leds-issue/m-p/1080111#M332179

I figured out a way to reload the WRT3200ACM Linksys firmware from DD-WRT.

It's a bit advanced and do at your own risk. In the worst case a USB to TTL cable will still be able to recover the router.

Create a McDebian WRT3200ACM V1 rootfs USB Key\Drive - https://github.com/Chadster766/McDebian/wiki/3.-Make-Root-File-System
Copy FW_WRT3200ACM_1.0.5.176416_prod.img to the USB Key\Drive
Enable SSH to Telnet in DD-WRT
Enable Core USB Support, USB Storage and Automount in DD-WRT
Plug the McDebian rootfs USB Key into the router and reboot
SSH or Telnet into DD-WRT
Run the "mount" commad to see where the USB Drive was automounted (Ex: /tmp/mnt/sda1)
Run the below commands one at a time substituting if needed the path for the USB key

Code:

mount -t proc none /tmp/mnt/sda1/proc
mount -o bind /dev /tmp/mnt/sda1/dev

chroot /tmp/mnt/sda1

flash_erase /dev/mtd5 0 0
flash_erase /dev/mtd6 0 0
flash_erase /dev/mtd7 0 0
flash_erase /dev/mtd8 0 0

nandwrite -p /dev/mtd5 FW_WRT3200ACM_1.0.5.176416_prod.img
nandwrite -p /dev/mtd7 FW_WRT3200ACM_1.0.5.176416_prod.img
lehrmana
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
LookingForMyMojo wrote:
hovercast wrote:
cani1989 and san001 Did you guys manage to revert to stock firmware?

From what I have been reading its not a good idea to flash DDwrt if you already had the expressvp router firmware.

The best solution is to swich partion and flash from within Linksys firmware.
It seems flashing from partition 1 flashes partition 2 and flashing from partition 2 flashes partition 1.

So if you flashed within the expressvpn firmware you flashed your other partition and got rid of your linksys firmware.

You are correct. If you flash an image from anything other then the Linksys gui, you roast your Linksys image/partition.

Could this be more so due to a lack of foresight on Linksys' part in their design perspective? I noticed this was the case with the WRT1xxx series routers in their use of the .img file rather than the .bin file commonly used with open source firmware. Seeing they are designing this router to angle toward the open source community (as advertised), wouldn't it behoove them to then observe some of the common practices in their design to facilitate that part of the market?

And yes, I know the WRT1xxx series DD-WRT firmware has a work around for getting the stock back on, but doesn't that lend to the fact that it is just that, a work around and not implementing a design that is truly "open-source ready?"

By the way, I truly appreciate your work. I have been using DD-WRT on my Linksys E2000 for a while now. Powerful!! Your forum helped me resurrect it TFPT style when I bricked it, thanks to the community.
Adamcarter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Open source ready ha!

It should read
Void the warranty ready.
datdrive
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im really surprised that they didnt have an eprom on the circuit that would auto flash back with the 30-30-30 reset.
jsgiv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
datdrive wrote:
Im really surprised that they didnt have an eprom on the circuit that would auto flash back with the 30-30-30 reset.

Actually, there's a quick/easy mechanism to reset back to the previous firmware - simply turn on/off the hardware 3x and it'll return to the previously loaded firmware.

What Linksys has done with respect to the new WRT routers is provide the ability to flash/swap between images *very* quickly and easily.

IMHO (and as a developer interested in learning, tinkering, and developing for Open Source options for these class of routers, etc.) - this is invaluable from a hardware / testing platform perspective.

It's extremely straightforward and easy to flash once you understand how it works, and while you're learning the ropes of learning how to develop for these routers (like me - a 20+ year veteran developer that's now simply learning something new in my "spare" time to ramp up and potentially start contributing as well Smile) - it allows the developer to focus on the software - and not get worried about potentially bricking the device if you trip up and do something wrong....

Instead of having to potentially buy and keep one router for active long term use and purchasing another for ongoing testing of changes, etc., you have a "2-in-1" scenario.

No other router (that I'm aware of since I've started reading up on this) supports this ability.

It shows the forethought from Linksys/Belkin in creating and providing a true/valid "development friendly" hardware platform for the community to utilize.

From an ongoing development perspective - this allows the developer to have a "stable" version of their current/running image (or to keep the original stock firmware), as well as the ability to flash a new "development" or "test" version of their image on an alternate partition.

If something goes wrong with the test version you're actively working with - you can quickly, safely, and easily revert back to the stable version with no impact.

If someone is concerned about about keeping the original firmware, all one needs to do simply take time/effort to maintain the original stock firmware on one of the partitions.

Now granted - IMHO - it'd be ideal for Linksys to provide (or at least publicly document) some form/way to easily load and reset the stock firmware in the event you have both partitions loaded with alternate firmwares and you find yourself in trouble. Or if you just want to simply return back to the stock firmware...

But obviously - based on recent updates - the open source community have identified ways to do this as well Smile
datdrive
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
true, some how during the flashing i got both partitions running dd-wrt. Usually the 3x reboot would just switch partitions. I was able to try ubootenv get boot_part
and set the boot part to the eiter 1 or 2 with the command
ubootenv set boot_part 2. After all was said and done and I was back to linksys stock and I definitely have a better appreciation for research the firmware bugs first then flash LOL
cybrnook
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
jsgiv wrote:
datdrive wrote:

Actually, there's a quick/easy mechanism to reset back to the previous firmware - simply turn on/off the hardware 3x and it'll return to the previously loaded firmware.

What Linksys has done with respect to the new WRT routers is provide the ability to flash/swap between images *very* quickly and easily.

IMHO (and as a developer interested in learning, tinkering, and developing for Open Source options for these class of routers, etc.) - this is invaluable from a hardware / testing platform perspective.

It's extremely straightforward and easy to flash once you understand how it works, and while you're learning the ropes of learning how to develop for these routers (like me - a 20+ year veteran developer that's now simply learning something new in my "spare" time to ramp up and potentially start contributing as well Smile) - it allows the developer to focus on the software - and not get worried about potentially bricking the device if you trip up and do something wrong....

Instead of having to potentially buy and keep one router for active long term use and purchasing another for ongoing testing of changes, etc., you have a "2-in-1" scenario.

No other router (that I'm aware of since I've started reading up on this) supports this ability.

It shows the forethought from Linksys/Belkin in creating and providing a true/valid "development friendly" hardware platform for the community to utilize.

From an ongoing development perspective - this allows the developer to have a "stable" version of their current/running image (or to keep the original stock firmware), as well as the ability to flash a new "development" or "test" version of their image on an alternate partition.

If something goes wrong with the test version you're actively working with - you can quickly, safely, and easily revert back to the stable version with no impact.

If someone is concerned about about keeping the original firmware, all one needs to do simply take time/effort to maintain the original stock firmware on one of the partitions.

Now granted - IMHO - it'd be ideal for Linksys to provide (or at least publicly document) some form/way to easily load and reset the stock firmware in the event you have both partitions loaded with alternate firmwares and you find yourself in trouble. Or if you just want to simply return back to the stock firmware...

But obviously - based on recent updates - the open source community have identified ways to do this as well Smile

Myself and another member have a script in LEDE we are using that I include in my builds. But I am sure you could just as easily adapt it into dd-wrt since it's bash, and just does some basic if/then's.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g06nxjmzv9ia7uk/bootTaOther.sh?dl=0

Just replace the OpenWRT/LEDE specific "fw_setenv" calls with "ubootenv get" and replace the initial qualifier "cur_boot_part" with the correct path for DD-WRT (Sorry been a while since on DD-WRT, don't remember where to pull the current value from).

Someone could take a stab at it.....

EDIT: not sure if DD-WRT uses the nandboot/altnandboot pieces, so might want to check first.
TRBMan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
just picked up this router. looking forward to some stable DD-WRT firmware! Very Happy Very Happy
lehrmana
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
TRBMan wrote:
just picked up this router. looking forward to some stable DD-WRT firmware! Very Happy Very Happy

Read over previous material in this thread and understand it before proceeding. DD-WRT is awesome, but this model has its difficulties.

Also check your 2.4 GHz signal before doing anything. Mine was dead and I just received my replacement WRT3200ACM today. Sending back the old now that I verified the new one works. Linksys customer service was very helpful.
WouT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
ATHF wrote:
Adamcarter wrote:

First we need to know for sure if it is available there, as with mine and Malachi's weirdness with the amazon.de site.
I will also send him a PM asking him if it is available, if he would work on a firmware for it (he is a busy guy, I am sure), and if it would be better to either do PayPal to him directly or to the main donation PayPal account for DD-WRT if available.

Please count me in with a €50,= donation to get kong a WRT3200ACM.

Currently:
€249,= incl. shipping at amazon.de
€229,= excl. shipping at bol.com

If it would help, I can take care of the ordering.
ATHF
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
WouT wrote:

Please count me in with a €50,= donation to get kong a WRT3200ACM.

Currently:
€249,= incl. shipping at amazon.de
€229,= excl. shipping at bol.com

If it would help, I can take care of the ordering.

Kong has stated he isn't interested in the WRT3200ACM due to the buggy WiFi drivers from Marvell, which he can't fix, but he may get an WRT32X when they come out. Seems like it is almost the same as the 3200ACM, just geared towards gamers. So, he may kill two birds with one stone.

https://www.cnet.com/products/linksys-wrt32x-mu-mimo-gigabit-gaming-router/preview/

Velop:2 WHW0101, RE6500, RE9000(AP)
Spectrum - 1000/50
SysLog Watcher 5, New security Onion box coming soon, Fingboxes, PiHoles, NEMS, Cacti, rpisurv
MaxT4456
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:34    Post subject: Re: Testing r30949 (BETA) Reply with quote
MaxT4456 wrote:
Bought WRT3200ACM in the USA and flashed r30949 (BETA) inside stock firmware upgrade (factory-ddwrt) I turned off WiFi due to problems being reported here so far everything is running fine on wired networking and I'll follow up if any bugs plague my router.

As of 12-21-16 I've been unable to get my VPN work. Sad

Recently set my boot partion back to stock explain the bugs below.

-Reboots Router
-PIA VPN Software in Windows 7 Pro Stops working after 10-15 minutes.
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:25    Post subject: Re: Testing r30949 (BETA) Reply with quote
MaxT4456 wrote:
MaxT4456 wrote:
Bought WRT3200ACM in the USA and flashed r30949 (BETA) inside stock firmware upgrade (factory-ddwrt) I turned off WiFi due to problems being reported here so far everything is running fine on wired networking and I'll follow up if any bugs plague my router.

As of 12-21-16 I've been unable to get my VPN work. Sad

Recently set my boot partion back to stock explain the bugs below.

-Reboots Router
-PIA VPN Software in Windows 7 Pro Stops working after 10-15 minutes.

Try these Openwrt/LEDE builds for the Linksys WRT series:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2a7hkorqir0ch5f/AACq8amz9Yp3nF8K-4O2Si_2a?dl=0

forum link: https://forum.lede-project.org/t/community-snapshots-for-wrt1200ac-wrt1900acv1-wrt1900acv2-wrt1900acs-wrt3200acm/545
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 197, 198, 199  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 14 of 199
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: