Using AutoAP to autoconnect to xfinitywifi or ISPwifis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
Trizzle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 22:46    Post subject: Using AutoAP to autoconnect to xfinitywifi or ISPwifis Reply with quote
So I just wanted to start a new thread with the instructions on how to set up AutoAP with xfinitywifi. This purpose more being so you could maybe have a router in your car so you can stay connected where you go without rejoining xfinitywifi from site survey. (not sure if works while moving yet; future static IP test)

Make sure router is in client/repeater mode (or your own configuration).

Go to tab "Administration", subtab "Command".
Copy and paste the following into the edit box (make sure to get the "&" at the end):
nvram set wl_ssid="xfinitywifi"
`cd /tmp; until [ 2 = 1 ];do /bin/sleep 30;
/usr/bin/wget -Oautoap.sh http://downloads.sourceforge.net/autoap/autoap_090711.sh;
chmod 777 ./autoap.sh;./autoap.sh;done` &
Click the Save Startup button
Reboot your router
Verification: After a minute or two, go to http://RouterIP/user/autoap.htm (where RouterIP is your router's IP address) to view the html log, which is setup by default. If you see a log, this indicates Autoap was successfully downloaded and instantiated. You may also telnet into the router and perform a "ps" to verify the script is running.

I didn't check the log cause it auto connected to xfinitywifi/isp networks and I even unplugged my friends Xfinitywifi box to see it would connect to the next network available. Just web login to your ISP email and password and forever interweb, or clone Mac address of registered device (if successful, not for my testing).

Hope everyone has happy holidays and web access Smile
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: