WRT3200ACM back to stock

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
itrends wrote:
Just hit the same problem - no way to revert the 3200acm to stock. Any word from Kong on adapting the previous one to work with the 3200?

I have no 3200, thus not even looked at any image or the stuff BS added for it.

itrends
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for taking the time to reply kong! If I could I would send you one.

Is it possible to perhaps use a 'bricked' approach and get the .img file over for a full restore? It would appear that the main sticking point in all this is that they are not .bin files.
elvisimprsntr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
itrends wrote:
Just hit the same problem - no way to revert the 3200acm to stock. Any word from Kong on adapting the previous one to work with the 3200?

This is not rocket science people. It's not that hard. Buy the right cable and follow what others have done.
itrends
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have just purchased the cable but it won't turn up for a few days unfortunately.

I'm currently wondering if the windows based TFTP tool might do the trick.
ATHF
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree, it isn't hard to do:

https://github.com/Chadster766/McDebian/wiki/1.-USB-to-TTL-Serial-Connection
https://github.com/Chadster766/McWRT/wiki/Flashing-Firmware-using-a-USB-to-TTL-Cable

Links to programs you need to use etc.

Velop:2 WHW0101, RE6500, RE9000(AP)
Spectrum - 1000/50
SysLog Watcher 5, New security Onion box coming soon, Fingboxes, PiHoles, NEMS, Cacti, rpisurv
itrends
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Agreed. As above I'm just waiting for my cable to arrive.
itrends
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cable only just shipped! Arggg. Agonising wait. Hah. May try the tftp route again for funs
BaoCaRdi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 23:33    Post subject: getting back to stock only flash one bin file Reply with quote
Hi, I have read that most of you have had flash both firmware but I was worry about moving forward on doing the second one. So I stop there and everything was fine till problems started. Do I still have a way back to stock if so can anyone please guide me back. I have already tried just holding the reset button on the back and that didn't work. Thanks in advance.
cybrnook
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:11    Post subject: Re: getting back to stock only flash one bin file Reply with quote
BaoCaRdi wrote:
Hi, I have read that most of you have had flash both firmware but I was worry about moving forward on doing the second one. So I stop there and everything was fine till problems started. Do I still have a way back to stock if so can anyone please guide me back. I have already tried just holding the reset button on the back and that didn't work. Thanks in advance.

Booting back to stock from other patition
When you install DD-WRT over stock, it installs on a different partition. You can use the following command by entering it in DDWRT commands on the administration tab, Telnet or SSH to determine what partition DD-WRT is running on.
Code:
ubootenv get boot_part

The last number it returns is the partition (it will return 1 or 2). In my case, DD-WRT is on partition 1, so to return to Stock, enter (If yours returns 2, put 1):
Code:
ubootenv set boot_part 2

and then reboot. You can use the command
Code:
reboot
BaoCaRdi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:25    Post subject: Re: getting back to stock only flash one bin file Reply with quote
cybrnook wrote:
BaoCaRdi wrote:

Booting back to stock from other patition
When you install DD-WRT over stock, it installs on a different partition. You can use the following command by entering it in DDWRT commands on the administration tab, Telnet or SSH to determine what partition DD-WRT is running on.
Code:
ubootenv get boot_part

The last number it returns is the partition (it will return 1 or 2). In my case, DD-WRT is on partition 1, so to return to Stock, enter (If yours returns 2, put 1):
Code:
ubootenv set boot_part 2

Code:
reboot

Thank you very much I will try it and let you know. command came back 1 so im just gonna past this in ubootenv set boot_part 2
reboot

once again thank you kind sir
BaoCaRdi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:38    Post subject: Victory I'm back to stock Reply with quote
I would like to thank cybrnook it worked. I'm back to stock. So for those who has Linksys wrt3200acm and flash your firmware only once with DD WRT first install and wanted to get back to stock this is how by cybrnook :Booting back to stock from other patition
Code:
ubootenv get boot_part

Code:
ubootenv set boot_part 2

Code:
reboot
ATHF
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Always a good read, kind of like the peacock thread for the MVEBU http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
Velop:2 WHW0101, RE6500, RE9000(AP)
Spectrum - 1000/50
SysLog Watcher 5, New security Onion box coming soon, Fingboxes, PiHoles, NEMS, Cacti, rpisurv
goodspeed:|
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for the info people, luckily I have a usb serial cable I bought 6 months ago to update my telescope controller.

Used Putty and TFTP64 on windows 10

A few headaches I had:

I had to turn off windows firewall and I also had to rename the image to rango.img, I had renamed to stock.img, but when I used that name in uboot, it automatically went to rango.img.

Is interesting that all my original settings are still intact.

Good luck people
hovercast
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im glad I'm not the only one getting grey hairs over this WRT3200ACM router.
Lucky for me I researched a lot before I flashed my way back to sock.

The only reason I got this router is because I wanted to use expressvpn firmware for routers, but it was not stable. It would lose connection on the 5GHz radio randomly.

Then I found xpressvpn is built on openwrt and apparently its not working on this router. So I thought I would try ddwrt but from what I've been reading it doesn't work either.

I bought two of these routers because it was on sale for $179
I do like the Linksys firmware but I want the other router to work with my VPN.

I hope someone out there can get these open firmwares working some time soon Smile
shmackitup
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've tried 2 different USB to TTL devices and I'm not getting any output to Putty. I'm at a loss, been trying for a couple hours now. I sure hope another way comes out soon to revert back to stock!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 8
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: