Tp-link archer c7 v2 wanting to do vlans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Only
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 15:40    Post subject: Tp-link archer c7 v2 wanting to do vlans Reply with quote
OK i want to setup to do vlans but it seems this will not do it with DD-WRT v3.0-r30731 std (10/06/16) is this correct?

vlan1(192.168.5.x) for main network and vlan5(10.10.10.x) for guests

here is what i'm wanting to do i want to use it as an access point not a router but i want to have a network side on both 2.4 and 5 that can see my network and thats working

But i want a VAP for guests that cant see our network

the wan port is disabled

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance
Sponsor
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 16:09    Post subject: Re: Tp-link archer c7 v2 wanting to do vlans Reply with quote
Only wrote:
....here is what i'm wanting to do i want to use it as an access point not a router but i want to have a network side on both 2.4 and 5 that can see my network and thats working
But i want a VAP for guests that cant see our network...

I assume you mean your router is setup as a WAP (wireless access point-WAN disabled) on same subnet as main and you want to
add multiple WLAN as in having another Wireless LAN setup on a VAP (virtual access point).

General term would be a 'WAP Guest Network'
Should worky ok with build you have -
Only
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 16:19    Post subject: Re: Tp-link archer c7 v2 wanting to do vlans Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
Only wrote:
....here is what i'm wanting to do i want to use it as an access point not a router but i want to have a network side on both 2.4 and 5 that can see my network and thats working
But i want a VAP for guests that cant see our network...

I assume you mean your router is setup as a WAP (wireless access point-WAN disabled) on same subnet as main and you want to
add multiple WLAN as in having another Wireless LAN setup on a VAP (virtual access point).

General term would be a 'WAP Guest Network'

Should work ok with build you have -

yes that is what im tring to do since no vlan support
but i cant get past the point where i go to the adv ap setting and check
the ap isolate and network unbridged
then i go to the networking tab and setup dhcp for the new guest VAPs they get the ip for the guest network but i cant seem to get to the internet i assume its because they are assumingn the gateway is teh Wvap but it is not the internet gateway (guest clients show the AP ip as the Gateway 10.10.1.1)

i have tried adding route from 10.10.1.1 2.4g (testing just one to save retyping) guest wifi (using this since i cant use my vlan 5 the rest of teh guest network aps use) to the 192.168.5.x (the real gateway is 192.168.5.1) but im getting something wrong or something any ideas?

hey just saw your link above will try that and let you know thanks!!!
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe you can find answers in post I linked to Idea
'WAP Guest Network'
You actually have to read it ---
Only
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
Maybe you can find answers in post I linked to Idea
'WAP Guest Network'
You actually have to read it ---

lol yes if you read mine at the end i say ooh i see you posted a link to info and i would test and let you know
sorry to be a pain but while it does give me an ip just like the multi dhcp settup does it still isnt routing to the real gateway it just times out trying

i saw where some one said

Just done this to replace my existing "Kids" wifi solution.
Only extra thing I needed was a bridge from ath0.1 to br0 to get it all working properly.

tried that also no go
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im not familiar with that router but there is no reason I can think of why it won't work....other than -
You may need do a reset or in the least..after you deleted the multiple DHCP server you had in Networking you should reboot before going further.
Make sure firewall rules are saved as firewall, not start up.
Double check it all --

Also try with AP Isolation off....there is note further down thread I linked to.
Only
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks again for the quick replys and help
but
it is
still not working i had started fresh several times and have again started fresh here is setting incase you can see what i missed

i restarted it still no go i get ip address
and teh lan wan dynamic button disappears but it shows the route to 192.168.5.x

mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Assuming all is good with ath0

Not sure bout problem..... all I see outawack is you have max clients on VAP set to 50 but its dhcp range is 59.
That might/might not make a mess.. I dunno.
If that don't fix it go back... Install build before one you have or check new build threads for one working well on that router.
Only
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok its going now
had to change versions to
DD-WRT v3.0-r30880 std (11/14/16)
to get it working
also now can is just add a second VAP for the 5g and just change teh DNSMasqline to

interface=ath0.1
dhcp-option=ath0.1,3,192.168.7.1
dhcp-range=ath0.1,192.168.7.2,192.168.7.60,255.255.255.0,12h
interface=ath1.1
dhcp-option=ath0.1,3,192.168.8.1
dhcp-range=ath1.1,192.168.8.2,192.168.8.60,255.255.255.0,12h
or will it use teh same dhcp as the ath0.1?

and then add this to firewall

iptables -I FORWARD -i ath0.1 -d `nvram get lan_ipaddr`/`nvram get lan_netmask` -m state --state NEW -j DROP
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o br0 -j SNAT --to `nvram get lan_ipaddr`
iptables -I FORWARD -i ath1.1 -d `nvram get lan_ipaddr`/`nvram get lan_netmask` -m state --state NEW -j DROP
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o br0 -j SNAT --to `nvram get lan_ipaddr`

Last edited by Only on Wed Dec 21, 2016 21:28; edited 1 time in total
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good job Smile
Only
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sir thanks you very much for your HELP!!!
Have a great holiday
Only
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 17:09    Post subject: now that is sorted new issue Reply with quote
ok now that is sorted i ahve a new issue

the local WAP (all even TP-link) i can connect to my radius server and all is great

my WVAP (TP link) i can connect to it with the WPA shared key and surf etc

BUT if i try to send an email from my Iphone which has our exchange server configured using ActiveSync i cant connect from teh guest WVAPs (TP-LINK)

The other AP (eng-ap and TBWap) units that are configured to Vlan1 local network and vlan5 guest net can send emails just this on WVAP (TP-Link) that cant

here is a ruff netdiagram to assist the visual aspect of the layout

any ideas?
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well heck I thought you just wanted a simple guest Network on the WAP.
Looks like you need to setup VLAN on it. I think it can be done on that router...
Google router dd-wrt+model+VLAN probably find info.
Or open a post in Advanded Networking
Only
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
took the AP home and tested seems its something on the untagle firewall thats blocking it i have the same setup here at home and it is allowing the activesync emails to work so it has to be something at the office only thing i know thats is diff is the 2nd ip of the firewall for the email i bet it is something with that so i ahve submitted and help request
Only
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 0:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
found work around to make this work for me all i had to do was add this line to the DNSMasq additional options line

dhcp-option=6, 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4

to force the guest network out side of our real network and back in via the external dns records

thanks for you help and this was fun learned way to much about DNSMarq

i kind of just want to set it up on a box and play with all the features to see what it can do and what every options does since the info is so so at best

Have a great new year
because
2016 sucked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: