WRT3200ACM??

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 15:31    Post subject: Re: WRT32acm firmware install help Reply with quote
cybrnook wrote:

DO NOT FLASH IT AGAIN!!!!!!

As of right now, DD-WRT has not offered a method to flash back to the factory partition. So if you flash DD-WRT again, from within DD-WRT you will wipe out your secondary Stock partition. At that point your only way to revert to stock firmware will be via serial cable.

I agree.
In fact I always flash from the Linksys UI so that it is always available. That way it is easy to go from DD-WRT to Openwrt/LEDE. Am talking about my wrt1900ac v1 and wrt1900acs v1. Have not spent the big bucks for a wrt3200acm yet. Very Happy I typically buy used or refurbished. Guess you could call me a cheapskate. Rolling Eyes

--bill

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
Sponsor
kstatefan40
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I seem to be having some interesting issues with the Oct 26 build of DD-WRT for the 3200ACM. I'm on Google Fiber, and am using the 3200ACM as an access point (routing, DHCP disabled.) I purchased the 3200 to have a little better wireless performance than the stock Fiber hardware.

I seem to be getting a fraction of the bandwidth (less than 50mbps down, less than 100mbps up) on wireless (both 2.4 and 5) that I was getting on the stock Fiber hardware.

Is there a known issue here? I didn't have a whole lot of time to play with it, but the connection didn't seem to be very reliable.

Has there been any progress on a dd-wrt to stock image? Does anyone know when the next build may be ready to go?

Appreciate everyone's hard work on this!

Thanks!
BaoCaRdi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 22:57    Post subject: Re: WRT32acm firmware install help Reply with quote
myersw wrote:
cybrnook wrote:

As of right now, DD-WRT has not offered a method to flash back to the factory partition. So if you flash DD-WRT again, from within DD-WRT you will wipe out your secondary Stock partition. At that point your only way to revert to stock firmware will be via serial cable.

I agree.
In fact I always flash from the Linksys UI so that it is always available. That way it is easy to go from DD-WRT to Openwrt/LEDE. Am talking about my wrt1900ac v1 and wrt1900acs v1. Have not spent the big bucks for a wrt3200acm yet. Very Happy I typically buy used or refurbished. Guess you could call me a cheapskate. Rolling Eyes

--bill

Oh lucky I didn't do the sec one Thank a much guys really appreciate. So all i need to do is hit the rest on the back i should be okay right. Don't need to flash the stock firmware in DDTWRT
BaoCaRdi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:43    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote
I just want to say Thank you for those on this board that help me out i was able to get back to stock.
ATHF
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
kstatefan40 wrote:
I seem to be having some interesting issues with the Oct 26 build of DD-WRT for the 3200ACM. I'm on Google Fiber, and am using the 3200ACM as an access point (routing, DHCP disabled.) I purchased the 3200 to have a little better wireless performance than the stock Fiber hardware.

I seem to be getting a fraction of the bandwidth (less than 50mbps down, less than 100mbps up) on wireless (both 2.4 and 5) that I was getting on the stock Fiber hardware.

Is there a known issue here? I didn't have a whole lot of time to play with it, but the connection didn't seem to be very reliable.

Has there been any progress on a dd-wrt to stock image? Does anyone know when the next build may be ready to go?

Appreciate everyone's hard work on this!

Thanks!

It is a known issue, I had the same issues on both stock and DD-WRT, along with WLAN to LAN transfers maxing slower than my WRT1900 and just dropping to zero then back to "normal"and back to zero, but still quite a bit slower than the 1900 if it finishes a transfer at all.

Just a note, I had this same exact problem a year ago with the WRT1900 and it took a few months for the bugs to get worked out.

Velop:2 WHW0101, RE6500, RE9000(AP)
Spectrum - 1000/50
SysLog Watcher 5, New security Onion box coming soon, Fingboxes, PiHoles, NEMS, Cacti, rpisurv
OMGZwhitepeople
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have read through all posts on this topic. Are the main issues after flashing DD-WRT onto a WRT3200ACM the following still?

- Intermittent WIFI signal that drops after a couple hours https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues/118

- Sub par-speeds that do not reach full potential from the provider.

I just bought this router and would really like to put DD-wrt onto it. Have these issues been resolved or are there still problems to work out?
itrends
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was having those issues over the last week or so still so I've just flashed back to stock with the special serial cable. Much better performance. Won't be using DD wrt for now
goodspeed:|
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="OMGZwhitepeople"]I have read through all posts on this topic. Are the main issues after flashing DD-WRT onto a WRT3200ACM the following still?

- Intermittent WIFI signal that drops after a couple hours https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues/118

- Sub par-speeds that do not reach full potential from the provider.

I just bought this router and would really like to put DD-wrt onto it. Have these issues been resolved or are there still problems to work out?[/quote]

All problems still exist even with 30880, i got it last week and was working great on stock, but wanted full VPN tunneling, so flashed it over 3 days ago. Got OpenVPN working but, noticed that WIFI was slow and would crash after a while. Still not ready for WIFI use, have my old router serving WIFI for now.
Adamcarter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Brainslayer, Just wanted to send out a huge thanks for all the work that you do.

any news or updates? You used to be quite active on here, But, haven't heard any updates, in awhile.
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ran ddwrt for awhile on my WRT3200. Has potential, but needs time for the developers to iron out the kinks. Using it on stock firmware as an AP, and my WRT190ACv2 as main router running Gargoyle. Looking forward to trying new builds as they come out.
S0nny
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:22    Post subject: Re: WRT32acm firmware install help Reply with quote
cybrnook wrote:
BaoCaRdi wrote:
Hi guys, I'm new to all this open score stuff for routers can someone help me please. I just bought the Linksys WRT3200acm mu mimo ffc id: Q87-WRT3200ACM. I just did my first firmware flash with factory-to-ddwrt.bin V3.0 build 30796. The firmware seems to be working great no issues yet. My question is do I still have to flash it again with ddwrt-linksys-wrt3200acm-webflash.bin webflash image or I'm okay with just doing the first part of the flash. Thanks in advance.

Is this still the correct way to install DD-WRT on the 3200ACM while maintaining the ability to go back to stock? Or does the latest firmware: V3 build 30796 allow for transition back to stock by flashing via the DD-WRT Gui?
cybrnook
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
No change
san001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
cani1989 wrote:
I'm trying to revert back to factory firmware.

1) I started out by installing ExpressVPN and decided to go back to original firmware, which I downloaded from here: http://www.linksys.com/dk/support-article?articleNum=207552
This keep giving me this error: "413 Request Entity Too Large"

413 Request Entity Too Large

2) I contacted ExpressVPN support and they ended up telling me this is a bug due to the file size of the Linksys firmware.

3) I try to install DD-WRT which upgrades nicely. From here I then try and restore to the original firmware from Linksys. After the upgrade it appears to be back in ExpressVPN!?!

4) I contact Linksys support and basically the guy is the least helpful I've ever talked to. Just keeps saying DD-WRT is out of support and so on. Finally after a long back and forth where I explain them that this issue is not related to an issue with DD-WRT, but rather the file size. It wouldn't matter what third-party firmware I was using. Finally, I am now waiting for their "assurance team" to take a look, which I guess is some kind of extended support.

The issue to me seems to be the size of the Linksys firmware and I can't find any previous version that might be smaller. Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Hello,

I am not technically savy to use a USB to TTL cables, open the router and understand what I am doing, I have the same issue as above and ExpressVPN is not providing any support

Linksys just avoids any responsibility as I changed the firmware... so I ended up with a beautiful expensive brick.

I managed to install DD-WRT firmware (so up to step 3 there), but can't manage to get to the original firmware.

Does this solution found on this question for the 1900 work for the 3200?
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=302675&sid=a02a7701f3a860f577e88ef67f98f855

moccolo wrote:
turn off your router.

put your finger on the switch on the back, turn it on and immediately when the power light starts blinking turn it off.

do that 3 times in a row, the fourth turn it on and wait till it boots the firmware on second partition...

my advice. do that trick everytime when you want to flash, so you return to original firmware and than flash from there...

THank you very very much for your help!
hovercast
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
cani1989 and san001 Did you guys manage to revert to stock firmware?

From what I have been reading its not a good idea to flash DDwrt if you already had the expressvp router firmware.

The best solution is to swich partion and flash from within Linksys firmware.
It seems flashing from partition 1 flashes partition 2 and flashing from partition 2 flashes partition 1.

So if you flashed within the expressvpn firmware you flashed your other partition and got rid of your linksys firmware.
san001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi

Nope, no luck... I did ExpressVPN first, then I went to DD-WRT, I guess I killed the original firmware partition.

I need to go back to Linksys firmware, but don't know how.

Any help is more than welcome!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 197, 198, 199  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 11 of 199
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: