Linksys Tri-Band EA9500 AC5400 Router Firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
ATHF
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think it should be possible, according to

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/32998-linksys-ea9500-max-stream-ac5400-mu-mimo-gigabit-router-reviewed

The EA9500 and Netgear R8500 have basically the same innards, except the EA has 256 ram as the R8500 has 512, and under

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/07-30-2016-r30342/

There is a release for the R8500.

I know Brainslayer needs some output from it to get started, which I believe you would need a USB to TTL cable in order to get it. Now I'm still a novice as the only routers I have dealt with are the WRT series.

Velop:2 WHW0101, RE6500, RE9000(AP)
Spectrum - 1000/50
SysLog Watcher 5, New security Onion box coming soon, Fingboxes, PiHoles, NEMS, Cacti, rpisurv
Sponsor
azncapcom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I noticed that I am having an issue with the LAN ports. It seems like it is taking my computer a long time to receive an internet connection after booting up. takes a good 2-3 minutes. Normally on my old router (R8000) I get an internet connection within 5 seconds after windows boots up (Running an SSD)

I've had a similar issue with a previous linksys router I had before as well... anyone else suffer from this issue?

Hopefully they make a ddwrt firmware for this router... since the linksys ones are garbage.
GTgamo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any updates on firmware for this router?
kouji71
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I just got this router. I could send you the files if I knew how to. is there a guide online?

or has it been decided that support for this device is just not possible?
GTgamo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
kouji71 wrote:
Hi, I just got this router. I could send you the files if I knew how to. is there a guide online?

So are you saying that you have DD-WRT that works on this router?
GTgamo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
ATHF wrote:
I think it should be possible, according to

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/32998-linksys-ea9500-max-stream-ac5400-mu-mimo-gigabit-router-reviewed

The EA9500 and Netgear R8500 have basically the same innards, except the EA has 256 ram as the R8500 has 512, and under

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/07-30-2016-r30342/

There is a release for the R8500.

I know Brainslayer needs some output from it to get started, which I believe you would need a USB to TTL cable in order to get it. Now I'm still a novice as the only routers I have dealt with are the WRT series.

Has anyone tested this release to determine feasibility, or if it works?
GTgamo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
its on the market now. still seeking for deeper technical details

If you can let me know what it is exactly that you need, maybe i could provide this to you. Please PM me or respond publicly as there may be others that can send this info as well.

Regards
kouji71
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
GTgamo wrote:
kouji71 wrote:

No, I don't have dd-wrt for it, just the router itself. Someone upthread said they needed a copy of the nvram to get dd-wrt to work on the router.
GTgamo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
kouji71 wrote:
GTgamo wrote:
kouji71 wrote:

No, I don't have dd-wrt for it, just the router itself. Someone upthread said they needed a copy of the nvram to get dd-wrt to work on the router.

Please send to BrainSlayer as he seems to be the man with the plan..

BrainSlayer wrote:
i still have no hardware details about that device. if its broadcom, send me a nvram and cfe backup. thats all for the beginning and i can find out more of it. if its something else, i again need more details
GTgamo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
kouji71 wrote:
GTgamo wrote:
kouji71 wrote:

Did you send the info to BrainSlayer?
Beradon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I have potentially a stupid question but I can't find any firm answers elsewhere.

I have the EA9500 and from what research I've done it is literally identical to the D-Link DIR-895L in terms of chipset, number of radios, USB ports and such. The only difference being that it has twice as many ethernet ports.

What is the potential of flashing the DIR-895L DD-WRT firmware to this device and it working?

Of my recent experience with flashing firmware on new Linksys 'Smart WiFi' routers, they do very little actual checking of the firmware to make sure it is for your device before just going through with it.

Can anyone speak of experience or know of any time where flashing firmware for a physically identical device from a different manufacturer has worked?

I'm of a mind (and slightly stupid enough) to just try it, though I'm also willing to crack it open and pull down whatever is needed off the chips provided I can piece together the very discontiguous information on serial ports and jtag that is in assorted places all over this site.

So any input from people would be appreciated.
glees5
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can find more hardware information for the two routers from wikidevi and you will find that the two models are in fact very different in terms of hardware. Hence, you will probably if not certainly brick your router if you flash EA9500 with DIR-895L firmware.

The link for wikidevi for the two routers are as follows:

https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Linksys_EA9500
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/D-Link_DIR-895L_rev_A1
Beradon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
glees5 wrote:
You can find more hardware information for the two routers from wikidevi and you will find that the two models are in fact very different in terms of hardware. Hence, you will probably if not certainly brick your router if you flash EA9500 with DIR-895L firmware.

The link for wikidevi for the two routers are as follows:

https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Linksys_EA9500
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/D-Link_DIR-895L_rev_A1

I appreciate the reply. I'll work on getting the CFE and NVRAM backups taken so Brainslayer can begin to work on a build for this router.
Beradon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I just received my TIAO multiprotocol adapter (no parallel port for me to use on any of my myriad of machines)...

So I guess my biggest question is... how do I determine the pinout for the jtag. There is a 10 pin set of holes next to the chipset (actually, there are 4 sets of 10 pin holes, the 3xBCM4366 chips also appear to have connections available, as does the BCM4709C0), though of course I'll be focusing on the BCM4709C0.

Does broadcom use a consistent pinout? I know there are other devices with this chip, but in searching I've not been able to find reference to a specific pinout, and I believe the D-Link DIR-895L has a serial port where the EA9500 does not appear to.
BlueRaja
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 0:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
According to this link the Linksys EA9500 has almost exactly the same hardware as the Netgear R8500 and Asus RT-AC5300, both of which work with DD-WRT.

Has anyone tried installing either of those to see if they work?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: