WRT3200ACM??

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Adamcarter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
BS still getting bandwidth cut off at 10 mbit on the 5ghz. No matter what channel i use. Only way to get it back to full bandwidth is a router reboot. It works for a few minutes, sometimes a day, maybe 2, then you check and it goes back to a hard cut off of 10. The 5 ghz is very fragile.

However 2.4 ghz works fine.

If anyone has this router and dd-wrt installed. Check your 5ghz speeds and compare to 2.4. I want to know of anyone else is experiancing a max of 10 mbit on 5ghz. Thanks
Sponsor
elvisimprsntr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flashed WRT3200ACM just a few minutes ago to r30805.

DD-WRT v3.0-r30805 std (10/27/16)

Download: http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=betas%2F2016%2F10-27-2016-r30805%2Flinksys-wrt3200acm%2F

Changesets: http://svn.dd-wrt.com/timeline?from=Oct+27%2C+2016&daysback=30&changeset=on

Code:
root@wrt-3:~# strings /lib/ath9k/mwlwifi.ko | grep 10.3
10.3.2.0-20161011
10.3.2.0-20161011
root@wrt-3:~#

Paid speed 75d/12u

WRT1900ACv1, 5 GHz WDS AP, AC/N, 80 Mhz, ~50 ft, thru several sheetrock walls and a floor.

Running Kong r30800

WRT3200ACMv1, 5 GHz WDS Station, 2.4 GHz AP, NG-Mixed, 40 MHz

So far, so good. Thanks BS!

Third WLAN interface still using same MAC address as second WLAN
elvisimprsntr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flashed WRT3200ACM just a few minutes ago to r30826.

DD-WRT v3.0-r30826 std (11/01/16)

Download: http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=betas%2F2016%2F11-01-2016-r30826%2Flinksys-wrt3200acm%2F

Changesets: http://svn.dd-wrt.com/timeline?from=Oct+31%2C+2016&daysback=30&changeset=on

Code:
root@wrt-3:~# strings /lib/ath9k/mwlwifi.ko | grep 10.3
10.3.2.0-20161011
10.3.2.0-20161011
root@wrt-3:~#

Paid speed 75d/12u

WRT1900ACv1, 5 GHz WDS AP, AC/N, 80 Mhz, ~50 ft, thru several sheetrock walls and a floor.

Running Kong r30700

WRT3200ACMv1, 5 GHz WDS Station, 2.4 GHz AP, NG-Mixed, 40 MHz

Unfortunately, with this build and previous build for the ACM, it locks up. Cannot connect to it via the 5G or 2.4G path. Likely related to problems BS has reported: https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues

Third WLAN interface still using same MAC address as second WLAN
RogueOne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 20:51    Post subject: Issue with DD-WRT on WRT3200ACM Reply with quote
I have the same issue reported with the latest dd-wrt firmware. I get 100 mbps with 5 GHz AP but after a few minutes it drops to 32 mbps. Restarting router gets me 100 mbps again.

Can someone please assist in how I can revert back to Factory Firmware?

Thanks!
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:52    Post subject: Re: Issue with DD-WRT on WRT3200ACM Reply with quote
RogueOne wrote:
I have the same issue reported with the latest dd-wrt firmware. I get 100 mbps with 5 GHz AP but after a few minutes it drops to 32 mbps. Restarting router gets me 100 mbps again.

Thanks!

Telnet in.

ubootenv set boot_part 1 
reboot

If it boots back into ddwrt, do it again, but change the 1 to a 2
RogueOne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks LookingForMyMojo, but I had already attempted using multiple versions of the dd-wrt firmware with the same issue, so now both boot partitions have dd-wrt with different versions that I installed.

Looks like I have to wait for USB to TTL cable to be delivered to revert back to factory firmware.

Thanks
Adamcarter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 15:44    Post subject: Re: Issue with DD-WRT on WRT3200ACM Reply with quote
RogueOne wrote:

Thanks!

Your wifi drops speeds too after awhile? I am just about to call linksys and return the freaking thing. I first thought it was just some bugs still in the code. Then updated to the november 1st version, and it was working for a bit. My friend who owns the 1900acs was optimizing some of my settings. And he had none of the issues i was talking about. Then, when i got a chance to start using it, and within 3 hours all of a sudden wifi went kaput. Speedtest went from 80mbps to 10ish.. the only thing i did was connect my ipad pro 12" and my iphone 6s to the 5ghz. And was watching some youtube videos and searching the web. Nothing crazy.

so i was starting to think maybe it was my personal 3200acm, what if it was defective, now that i know it happens to someone else, i am ruled that out. I was wondering if it was overheating. However, If it was truly overheating, then reseting the router shouldn't fix it, until it cooled down. So i ruled that out.

So now i am left to either its a a defective batch since two routers i knoe are affected at least, or a firmware issue

Last night I asked linksys for a .bin version of their firmware, to get back to the original firmware.
They basically told me to take the 3200 and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Really love how they say on the box "customize with openwrt or dd-wrt" and when i talk to tech support they are like you voided your linksys warranty.

I want to see if i can recreate the wifi drop on the original wifi But i too accidentally installed dd-wrt on both partitions.

brainslayer! Helfen Sie uns bitte!
If there is something from my log i can upload to you brainslayer when the wifi only gives us lower bandwidth i will send it to you. Let me know what you need. Again, thank you for all your hard work.
RogueOne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 15:55    Post subject: Re: Issue with DD-WRT on WRT3200ACM Reply with quote
Adamcarter wrote:
RogueOne wrote:

Thanks!

Your wifi drops speeds too after awhile? I am just about to call linksys and return the freaking thing. I first thought it was just some bugs still in the code. Then updated to the november 1st version, and it was working for a bit. My friend who owns the 1900acs was optimizing some of my settings. And he had none of the issues i was talking about. Then, when i got a chance to start using it, and within 3 hours all of a sudden wifi went kaput. Speedtest went from 80mbps to 10ish.. the only thing i did was connect my ipad pro 12" and my iphone 6s to the 5ghz. And was watching some youtube videos and searching the web. Nothing crazy.

so i was starting to think maybe it was my personal 3200acm, what if it was defective, now that i know it happens to someone else, i am ruled that out. I was wondering if it was overheating. However, If it was truly overheating, then reseting the router shouldn't fix it, until it cooled down. So i ruled that out.

So now i am left to either its a a defective batch since two routers i knoe are affected at least, or a firmware issue

Last night I asked linksys for a .bin version of their firmware, to get back to the original firmware.
They basically told me to take the 3200 and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Really love how they say on the box "customize with openwrt or dd-wrt" and when i talk to tech support they are like you voided your linksys warranty.

I want to see if i can recreate the wifi drop on the original wifi But i too accidentally installed dd-wrt on both partitions.

brainslayer! Helfen Sie uns bitte!
If there is something from my log i can upload to you brainslayer when the wifi only gives us lower bandwidth i will send it to you. Let me know what you need. Again, thank you for all your hard work.

Exactly, the same exact issue as you. I also got exactly the same response from Linksys, I even went to their webpage and noticed all the way at the bottom in small print, that they void warranty if third-party firmware is loaded.

So I am waiting for USB to TTL serial cable to revert firmware. Will test it this afternoon. Because one thing I do know is that in the original factory firmware, I never experienced these speed drops. I got dd-wrt on it for the additional functionality not because of performance, but now I regret it, that is why I am going back to factory firmware.
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
RogueOne wrote:
Thanks LookingForMyMojo, but I had already attempted using multiple versions of the dd-wrt firmware with the same issue, so now both boot partitions have dd-wrt with different versions that I installed.

Looks like I have to wait for USB to TTL cable to be delivered to revert back to factory firmware.

Thanks

why can't you flash the stock firmware from the ddwrt interface?

http://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=207552
Adamcarter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
LookingForMyMojo wrote:
RogueOne wrote:

Thanks

Good question.
As of now, dd-wrt requires the firmware to be in .bin format.
Linksys only releases firmwares in .img format.

And no you cant just change the extension.
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Adamcarter wrote:
LookingForMyMojo wrote:
RogueOne wrote:

Thanks

Good question.

It should work, might give you an unrecognized file name error, flash anyway. But stock firmware should flash from ddwrt without any problem. If i were you, i would flash it twice to get stock on both partitions.

Most will keep stock on one partition so there is always a stable image to switch to.
Adamcarter
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
LookingForMyMojo wrote:
Adamcarter wrote:
LookingForMyMojo wrote:
RogueOne wrote:

Thanks

Good question.

It should work, might give you an unrecognized file name error, flash anyway. But stock firmware should flash from ddwrt without any problem. If i were you, i would flash it twice to get stock on both partitions.

Most will keep stock on one partition so there is always a stable image to switch to.

If that were true, kong wouldn't have needed to make a dd-wrt to linksys firmware.
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Adamcarter

If it wasn't true, then Brainslayer's initial file wouldn't be a .bin.

It is not a problem to do this on my WRT1900AC's, but maybe the WRT3200ACm is more special.
macsbug
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
LookingForMyMojo wrote:
If it wasn't true, then Brainslayer's initial file wouldn't be a .bin.

It is not a problem to do this on my WRT1900AC's, but maybe the WRT3200ACm is more special.

The factory firmware in the WRT3200ACM, like the WRT1900ACS is designed to accept any Open Source firmware. Where dd-wrt will only accept certain kinds of upgrade builds.

If you have dd-wrt installed on your Linksys router, than you can only install a webflash build to upgrade. If you try to install a factory to dd-wrt or a Linksys factory firmware from dd-wrt then you will brick the partition that the firmware installs on.

This is where there the Linksys WRT1900's and the WRT3200ACM shine. Since you have 2 partitions for firmware, when you brick one partition it is easy to switch your router to boot from the other partition that has a working build of dd-wrt and then reinstall a webflash build onto the bricked partition allowing your router to fully work.

What is needed for those that have installed dd-wrt on both partitions is a special installation of the ddwrt-to-factory build that dd-wrt will accept. This is something that kong has provided for the WRT1900 series routers, and until he has the time to build this I think that people are just looking for an alternate solution in the interim.

MacsBug

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code...

This post made with only 100% RECYCLED ELECTRONS!!
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, well, maybe my router is special too as it makes no difference. I have had ddwrt on both partitions, and have had no problem flashing stock, from the ddwrt gui.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 197, 198, 199  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 199
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: