Outdoor Enclosures and YDI AMP2441 Amplifiers w/Power

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers
eztek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:10    Post subject: Outdoor Enclosures and YDI AMP2441 Amplifiers w/Power Reply with quote
I have over 200 Hammond cast aluminum outdoor enclosures with triple output 68 Watt Power Supplies and YDI AMP2441 Amplifiers installed in each.

The Hammond enclosure is model 1590Z166GY
External Dimensions are 160mmX360mmX90mm

The power supplies are Mean Well PT-65D with output voltages of +5,+12, and +17 vdc.

There is an external N female bulkhead mounted on the outside of the enclosure and a YDI AMP2441 board mounted inside the enclosure on a custom made frame.

We also have between 200 and 300 extra YDI 2441 amplifier boards.

We currently are listing these daily on eBay starting at 99 cents with no reserve under the user id EZTekDirect
Sponsor
matt0401
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not sure if anyone has tried business with him yet from these forums, but don't bother. I searched him up on eBay and he's been banned for fraud. He had massive amounts of negative feedback from people who never received their items. Don't even bother with this guy.
eztek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:50    Post subject: I wouldn't "assume" based on EBay Reply with quote
I wouldn't make assumptions based on eBay. I am a legitimate seller with lots of happy customers, and the person you're talking about. I've been in computer liquidation since 1991, had my first online store in 1994, was even one of Microsoft's 20 beta sites linked to Microsoft's home page in 1996 for their new Microsoft Merchant product. I've had numerous eBay accounts some with feedback of over 20,000. Always when active, with positive feedback in excess of 98.5%. The problem comes if and when there is a problem. Ebay doesn't really "investigate". The account you're referring to had 3 days of shipping dropped one day at the post office. Because of the quantity they requested I place it on the back dock in bins. I did, they never arrived anywhere. None of them. USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation is not scanned on receipt. That's not part of the DC service. It will only get scanned on delivery. (that's eDelivery confirmation, if you buy Delivery Confirmation at the counter they will scan it). We had the account in questions set to handle all communication on eBay. We managed the orders with their service, we handled payment and shipping through their services. All our information was kept online and was only accessible through their systems. When the 3 days of shipments vanished, that was about 150 orders. We quickly began getting more complaints than we knew what to do with. We were trying to figure out what had happened when eBay and Paypal cut off our access to the systems we used to manage order. Paypal siezed and kept the funds for those and more. Out of frustration and not having the ability to do anything else or the money for the orders, we finally just had to accept there was nothing we could do to resolve those issues. If eBay said our account was closed for "fraud" I'd like to have that information in writing. Under the circumstances I have plenty of evidence in a real "investigation" to show that they cut us off from the required information needed for resolution. If they then publicly say we defrauded people, they can be held liable for exactly what your assumption is here. It's a logical assumption but based on the position they have placed us in which they, of course, don't seem to take into account or care.

Don't believe something just because eBay or feedback on eBay reflects it. The way they handle disputes now lends itself to major problems in the resolution. If someone takes credit cards, you're safe. eBay/Paypal are not banking institutions (even though Paypal should be) and are not governed by federal banking guidelines. Credit Card companies have fair unbiased systems that have been in place for years before eBay and Paypal for the resolution of disputes. These companies are governed by federal banking regulations usually, and for the most part are worthy of your trust. eBay and Paypal are not to be trusted. You can see the writing on the wall and an increasing number of complainsts against eBay and Paypal that indicate the direction they're headed. One, eventually, no company will be able to handle fund transfers like Paypal between two parties and hold funds in an account balance unless they are governed by federal banking guidelines. This is as it should be. Browse PaypalSucks.com a while for information even from ex-Paypal employees about why. eBay's support is the worst it's ever been. They no longer have the ability to bring in the buyers needed for the huge amount of product posted there. They don't care about the customer anymore, buyer or seller, but because public opinion is so powerful and most customers only buy there, they will side with buyers more in general. They need to do real investigations and they don't. Eventually, eBay will be taken out as the big kid whose now a big bully on the block. There's an online petition for a Google Auction. Google was planning one that never materialized. Hopefully they pick that back up. So far dealing with Google Payments instead of Paypal has been a complete joy to deal with in the area of support. Anytime I've contacted support, I've received responses very quickly and it's always apparent they really read what I sent. Paypal just clicks a few form letters after letting the inquiry sit a few days and the form letters sent usually told me they didn't read what I wrote.

I am in business, doing regular business, have 2 merchant accounts for processing credit cards and a Google Checkout account. Anyone paying with any of those methods is protected. Don't take eBay's word for anything that takes "analyzing" a situation or resolving a dispute. To the best of my knowledge we have no Better Business Bureau complaints... and right now we're at the tale end of that inventory where we're selling it for dirt cheap prices. In fact, today we're changing the prices on our regular end user site to the following we've previously only offered to dealers....

PartNumber Description WholesalePrice Quantity Manufacturer Condition
WLAN1500 ParkerVision 1 Mile Line of Sight 132mW Digital WIFI PC Card/Retail Boxed $10.00 205 Parkervision Retail Boxed
AMP2441 YDI AMP2441 1 Watt 802.11b/g WIFI Amplifier Board - PCB ONLY - soldering on input and output connectors, and a 12vdc source is all that is required to use these boards. $32.50 164 YDI New Loose PCB
2441LC YDI AMP2441 1 Watt 802.11b/g WIFI Amplifier Installed in Hammond 1590Z166GY Cast Aluminum Enclosure(360mmX160mmX90mm) with triple output 68Watt Power Supply. Room and power for at least 2 network devices(router, AP, etc.) and 1 more amplifier. $72.50 104 YDI/HAMMOND New in Large Case
V-POP Complete V-PoP - Same as above but also includes a Proxim AP-2500. Power is provided in the enclosure. No Radio Cards are Included $92.50 53 YDI/HAMMOND/PROXIM New in Large Case
AP2500 AP-2500 ONLY NO PS/RADIO CARD OR MOUNT $20.00 120 PROXIM NEW
WP-IIE Lucent WP-IIE AP ONLY $15.00 11 LUCENT USED
WAVEPOINT IIE Lucent WavePOINT IIE $15.00 3 LUCENT USED
3AMP2441 Custom amp setup for 3 - 120 degree sector antennas. We built 3 - YDI AMP2441 boards into the large Hammond 1590Z166GY case and mounted femake N connectors for both input and output on outside of case. $137.50 1 YDI/HAMMOND USED
WAR2CM92AMP2441 Large Hammond 1590Z166GY, Case Dual Slot WAR Board w/2 CM9 MiniPCI Radio Cards & 2 Amps $325.00 2 FTS/HAMMOND/YDI NEW
WR1500LC2441 Large, Hammond 1590Z166GY, Case Parkervision WR1500 1 Mile Line of Sight Digital 2.4Ghz Router, YDI AMP2441 board and triple output power supply $92.50 6 PARKERVISION/HAMMONG/YDI NEW
1590Z166GY Hammond 1590Z166GY Case Aluminum Case - Case Only $20.00 13 HAMMOND USED
2441SC YDI AMP2441 board mounted in small cast aluminum case with power adapter. Input and Output have N Female connectors and LEDs are mounted on the outside of the case $70.00 16 YDI NEW
TRAB24003 TRAB24003 Antenex Antenna Black - commercial mobile antenna. This line and the following 2 lines are used primarily for mobile applications. These are used on municipal vehicles, military helicopters, or anywhere a high quality small antenna is needed. These seem to be somewhat multi-polarized. $12.50 14 ANTENEX NEW
TRA24003 TRA24003 Antenex Antenna White $12.50 34 ANTENEX NEW
TRA24003P TRA24003P & 1" Mount Antenex Antenna White $12.50 42 ANTENEX NEW
AP2500SP Proxim AP-2500 white cover, frame, PS, No Radio Card $30.00 6 PROXIM USED
AP2500PS Proxim AP-2500 white cover, frame, Splitter $30.00 10 PROXIM USED
WOA-2450-12 12dBi Omni Directional 16 Slot Waveguide Horizontally Polarized Antenna. Excellent Hot Spot Omni. Although this claims to be 12dBi, designs for this antenna online indicate it should be in the 16dBi to 17dBi range. We notice immediate improvement when we changed out our standard 12dBi Omnis with these. $37.00 24 WIFILINK NEW
WOA-2450-12-U 12dBi Omni Directional 16 Slot Waveguide Horizontally Polarized Antenna. Excellent Hot Spot Omni. Although this claims to be 12dBi, designs for this antenna online indicate it should be in the 16dBi to 17dBi range. We notice immediate improvement when we changed out our standard 12dBi Omnis with these. $35.00 6 WIFILINK USED
HG2409P-NF 8dBi HG2409P-NF Panel Antenna $10.00 92 HYPERLINK NEW
2450-12 12dBi Omni (normal vertical 48") $30.00 4 GENERIC USED
DMS1 Omnifi DMS1 Media Player Retail Boxed New $30.00 9 FOSGATE NEW
MP101 Netgear MP101 Wireless Media Player $25.00 5 NETGEAR REFURB
OR-O-GC Original ORiNOCO Gold Card PN 021716/A $24.00 8 PROXIM USED
WLANGC Lucent WaveLAN Silver Turbo 11Mb PN 012372/C $15.00 19 LUCENT USED
MO2450-05 5dBi Magnetic Omni with RP-SMA $7.50 59 GENERIC NEW
WL-AD-NPP WIFI-Link N Double Plug WL-AD-NPP BARREL CONNECTOR $3.00 55 WIFILINK NEW
PT-MC Pigtail with MC Connector - Lengths vary from 4 to 8 inches $4.00 300 GENERIC NEW
PT-MC Pigtail with N Female Bulkhead - Lengths vary from 4 to 8 inches $4.00 275 GENERIC NEW
LMR400 LMR400 Cable $0.40 250 GENERIC NEW
WL-CC-NM CRIMP ON N MALE FOR LMR400 $3.00 70 WIFILINK NEW
ZA3PD-4 Mini-Cuircuits 15542 ZA3PD-4 3-WAY 50Ohm 2000-4700Mhz SPLITTER $25.00 13 MINI-CIRCUITS USED
V-POP-AP4K AP-4000 Built into V-PoP enclosure with 2 amps as well as N connectors run out for a channels $325.00 2 PROXIM/HAMMAND/YDI NEW

I've attached a spreadsheet...
matt0401
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Excuse me then for my hasty conclusion... I interpreted a wide variety of negative eBay feedback as indicating fraud. It appears in this case that the buyers were the ones at fault.
eztek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 19:13    Post subject: No offense taken.... Reply with quote
No offense taken..... I just know from experience they aren't a good thing to go off to judge a seller. Had I not been through what I have with them, I'd assume the same thing. It's unbelievable the things they ask, obviously don't read, and even asking for things on a specific form that doesn't exist or something like that. You email and ask for help because something is impossible and they just reply with a canned letter telling you again to do it. That it's technically impossible doesn't seem to matter.....Oh well....

Yes, on the feedback, you can see a progression....from very little negative feedback for the amount of positive, all of the sudden a burst, that same response I gave here to a number of negatives on eBay with apologize, then all of the sudden I couldn't reply to feedback but they could post it. Then finally, they couldn't post it. I don't blame the customers though, I blame eBay/Paypal. There were items we received payment for and the funds were locked before they were shipped. I started refunding those payments and all o0f the sudden, I was no longer able to access pages in Paypal I needed to issue refunds. Very suspicious....

But, we're just moving on by starting our own online auction and now changing our online store to sell at even below eBay prices to our customers directly. That EZTekDirect.com site will have a new layout and prices as seen on that spreadsheet by tonight. And, I'm checking into whether DHL will allow customers to open a box before paying a COD. If they will, I'm adding COD certified funds to the list of payment options. I may get rid of the regular merchant accounts because they're too expensive. But, Google Checkout and mailed in or online checks will be an option as well.

Again though, no offense taken...I understand and would probably think the same if I hadn't been through what I have. I wouldn't have believed it even possible until it happened....
TDBURN
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:21    Post subject: Website down Reply with quote
I tried going to your website but it has been down for maintenance, when will you have it back up? I am interested in the YDI amp boards.
eztek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I will have it back up late this evening. We're doing an in depth inventory.

Thanks
TDBURN
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 22:58    Post subject: Site still down Reply with quote
Any update on the status of your site?
fowen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:18    Post subject: Re: Site still down Reply with quote
TDBURN wrote:
Any update on the status of your site?

I would like to know this as well.
rchadwick
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Me Too.
Tmac750
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would be interested as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: