D-Link DIR-880L

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
appyface
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm trying latest beta 29621, 5ghz radio drops every day or two. It comes back up automatically after 30 seconds or so. When on the D-Link native firmware I don't see this issue.

EDIT: Also have wired devices occasionally lose the connection momentarily, then reconnect.
Sponsor
Stretumakadelis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 19:31    Post subject: Re: Temperature??? Reply with quote
Mine is running at around 70C. I just upgraded to 05-19-2016-r29739 from 26653 and the temperature went down from 73 to 70. Don't worry about the temperatures too much, these CPUs are designed to run hot and 77C is perfectly normal.

BlakSlab wrote:
I am running:
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/09/15) mini - build 26653

If I remember correctly it defaulted to 71mw on both the 5ghz and 2.4ghz bands. I *think* the temperature impacts the occasional wireless drops that I've been getting. Turning the router on it's side seemed to help somewhat as the temperature dropped several degrees.

Wondering if anyone else has high temperatures -
"CPU 77.5 °C / WL0 47.50 °C / WL1 46.53 °C "

These temperatures after reducing to 20mw.

Maybe I'll try one of the newer builds to see if that helps.

Anyone else notice similar issue?
Pondera
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upgrading from 05-19-2016-r29739 webflash to 06-02-2016-r29816 webflash after the process the firmware still remain to 05-19-2016-r29739; maybe for the new larger fw size.
Solved upgrading to 06-02-2016-r29816 factory via Recovery Mode then to 06-02-2016-r29816 webflash via web interface.
aankop3n
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 21:19    Post subject: Wifi guest network Reply with quote
I have installed DD-WRT v3.0-r28397 on my DIR880L.
All is working fine except for the Wifi guest network.

I have enabled a guest network on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz but I can't connect to both networks. Also when I set Security Mode to Disabled, I can't connect to the guest network with my iPad or iPhone. It seems the guest network doesn't give a right IP address.

Connecting to the normal wifi network is working fine.

Any ideas how to fix this?
marteline
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 23:23    Post subject: update problem... Reply with quote
So, every time I try a DDWRT beta on my DIR880L I hit a bump on the road... but this one I can't find a way out:

I was trying 07-30-2016-r30342, everything was fine, till I realize my adblock script wasn't working. after adding this updated script from this forum: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=303026&sid=71ab22dd8abce0f9ba4674bbc2fa119f, and a couple resets, my router brick...
well, since was a beta, no problem... I just need to go back to sp2 version... thats the problem:

I can reverse only to factory 1.07.B08_WW
no other firmware works from emergency recovery.

Once at dlink firmware, any other dlink version works...

but none of the factory-to-ddwrt works even from dlink GUI.

I try:
factory reset;
dlink 105 and 100 versions;
ddwrt 2016-06-20, 2015-12-01, 2015-04-09 (their factory-to-ddwrt)... nothing is working...

I can't get stucked with regular firmware, I need ddwrt!! What can I do? help me, please? Embarassed
marteline
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:00    Post subject: DIR-880L don't accept DDWRT anymore... Reply with quote
Just updating my attempts:

I replace the router power supply;
I tried build 26332 (wiki recomended);
Also tried everything from another pc...

every time I upload a factory-to-ddwrt from dlink GUI or from dlink recovery it says successful, then the router gets bricked...
MoonLaf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I've upgraded to v3.0-r29837 std (06/06/16), D-Link DIR-880L Router is connected to my other Router which is the one connected to Internet through Wireless Connection.

The issue now is that I'm losing connectivity every few minutes.

I thought this issue was already resolved, or am I missing something?

Appreciate your feedback.

Kind Regards,
marteline
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think that this thread is no longer watched by ddwrt guys...
blacksson
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:06    Post subject: 5GHz UNII-2 and UNII-3 support with hardware version-A Reply with quote
Hello,
I have just bought a DIR 880L. I want to use some specific 5GHz Wi-Fi channels (Between 64-100 and 100-149). But I cannot see a way to set it.

Is this a limitation of hardware? Is it possible to support it with software update?

Thanks.
vills
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I upgrade my 880L to last beta (from 24 august). Router booted normally but without my previously settings. So i decide to upload backup from previous firmware. After upload, router bricked with power led blinking.
Now i cant boot it to emergency page. No reset (even 30/30/30) helps.
Maybe someone have some thoughts or solution to make my router work again?
Neozen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
vills wrote:
I upgrade my 880L to last beta (from 24 august). Router booted normally but without my previously settings. So i decide to upload backup from previous firmware. After upload, router bricked with power led blinking.
Now i cant boot it to emergency page. No reset (even 30/30/30) helps.
Maybe someone have some thoughts or solution to make my router work again?

That happened to me as well, except I can get to the emergency page, but no matter what I firmware upload (tried stock, different versions of DD-WRT), it still won't boot up.

So I finally, opened the router, used a USB to TTL cable that I used for my EA6500-v2 and tried to connect to the serial interface.

I was able to get to the CFE console and I could type any characters, but RETURN won't work! The CFE is saying NAMESERVER NOT SET and I'm sure a simple NVRAM ERASE would fix the issue, but I can't issue the damn command...

I'm ordering another USB to TTL cable and will try again once I get it..

If you can ping the router and it returns with TTL=100, then it can be recovered.. try connecting to it and clearing the NVRAM.. let me know what pins you used if you succeed.. Very Happy
vills
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Neozen wrote:

I'm ordering another USB to TTL cable and will try again once I get it..

If you can ping the router and it returns with TTL=100, then it can be recovered.. try connecting to it and clearing the NVRAM.. let me know what pins you used if you succeed.. Very Happy

Thanks mate!
I ordered cable too. If you'll get results earlier that me, please post it Wink
Xentrk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stupid me, I upgraded to most current version yesterday. It was successful. I then uploaded a backup of my previous settings. Don't ever do this!!!! I now have the blinking power light. One must renter the configs manually. I can ping 192.168.0.1 (TTL=100) and get to the D-Link recovery page. I have also tried to flash with the factory-to-ddwrt, dir880-webflash.bin and the latest firmware from d-link using the tftp client, command line and d-link recovery web gui. No luck. As a result, I also ordered a usb to ttl serial cable on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/JBtek%C2%AE-WINDOWS-Supported-Raspberry-Programming/dp/B00QT7LQ88/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1473601423&sr=8-2&keywords=usb+to+ttl+cable

I removed the cover of the D-Link 880L and see what appears to be the serial connections. I have not found any references online with what pins are GND, Tx and Rx. So unless I find anything online, I will use have to use the trial and error message as documented in the http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Serial_Recovery#Serial_Interfaces wiki.

If you find out before I do, please let us know. I will do the same.
vills
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finally, cable arrived. CP2101 with 5 pins.
My router can't bring up network interface. And no emergency webUI, as a result. But hopefully, i recovered it.
With a multimeter i got pins such: RX | [space] | +3.3V | GND | TX. Port marked as 'JP1' on board. So i successfully connect (using screen on OS X) to it and clear nvram. After that router boot up successfully.

But for now, i brick it again. With latest beta firmware. After applying settings manually and reboot from SSH-console - again blinking orange led and nothing more Sad. I'm afraid, i need to open it again and clear nvram Sad.
Xentrk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the update. I found a video on youtube that told how to use an ohm meter to find GND, Tx(1), Rx(1) and VCC. Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aedd8SUBgY

I want to try this as a learning experience. I greatly appreciate you posting the connections.

In the http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Serial_Recovery thread, the recommendation is to flash using stock firmware.

"Execute the nvram erase command at the CFE prompt

Get the tftp utility ready to flash the STOCK firmware for your router so all you need to do is hit enter to launch."

You may want to try that first rather than flashing with dd-wrt firmware. Then, once that is done, do the 30-30-30 reset followed by the factory-to-bin followed by the dir880-webflash.bin.

Thanks for the update. I will do the same. My cable won't be here for a few weeks though as I live in Thailand. I had it sent to my USA address and it will take about two weeks to get to my house here in the Land of Smiles.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24, 25, 26  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 26
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: