TP-Link Archer C7 V2 (AC1750) Error Code: 18005

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
ryandot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
I think it will be 3 way for this problem:
1. Many versions of alternative FW for all "national" routers.
2. Workaround for revert new specific types to one with DD-WRT/OpenWRT support for it.
3. Do not use TP-Link and other routers with same locks.

B@R, I went with option #4. I returned the router and got another one. I updated the firmware to Archer_C7_V2_150427, then factory-to-ddwrt.bin on the latest 08-16-2016-r30432 build. I then updated it to tplink_archer-c7-v2.bin. So far, no issues, but I'm still doing configuration and testing.

Interestingly though, this router now says CA instead of DE - both bought at Best Buy in Canada. I used the non region specific builds for all updates.

Lesson to users wanting to use dd-wrt - DON'T UPDATE TO BUILD 160616! At least not until someone can solve the issue. You won't be able to get to 150427 after the update.
Sponsor
YaddaMinski
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
ReB87 wrote:
Either i'm doing something wrong, but i cant get the router in recovery mode. I turn it off with the switch, press and hold the reset button, and turn it on again. If i wait long enough, the lights just turn off and the router resets to factory default. But it doesnt seem to communicate with the tftp server.

https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Tftp_flash
comzine
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
ryandot wrote:
Lesson to users wanting to use dd-wrt - DON'T UPDATE TO BUILD 160616! At least not until someone can solve the issue. You won't be able to get to 150427 after the update.

Thx … I will get mine (probably a German one) tomorrow and I'm sure I would have upgraded it, if you didn't warn me …
TP-Link is not an option anymore, if I cannot flash dd-wrt …
ryandot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Thx … I will get mine (probably a German one) tomorrow and I'm sure I would have upgraded it, if you didn't warn me …
TP-Link is not an option anymore, if I cannot flash dd-wrt …

Awesome! I'm happy my mistakes will save others from making them.
chigo58
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
YaddaMinski wrote:
ReB87 wrote:
Either i'm doing something wrong, but i cant get the router in recovery mode. I turn it off with the switch, press and hold the reset button, and turn it on again. If i wait long enough, the lights just turn off and the router resets to factory default. But it doesnt seem to communicate with the tftp server.

https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Tftp_flash

Hey buddy.. here are some more accurate instructions

Grab the original firmware here http://static.tp-link.com/res/down/soft/Archer_C7_v2_150304.zip

Rename the included bin file to ArcherC7v2_tp_recovery.bin
Change your Ethernet adapter to IP 192.168.0.66 static IP, subnet 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.0.1
Download Tftpd32 by Ph. Jounin at http://tftpd32.jounin.net/tftpd32_download.html
Browse to the directory that hold ArcherC7v2_tp_recovery.bin file.
Choose 192.168.0.66 for your "server interfaces"
Choose Tftp server tap
Activate TFTP Recovery press and hold WPS/Reset Button during powering on

Wait for it to transfer... and further wait till it boots.
An you're back to normal. From there, flash factory-to-ddwrt - and i use r29218 and its fairly stable

x1 TL-WR1043ND v1.10 DDWRT_r29721
x1 WRT54GL v1.1 DDWRT r14929
x1 WHR-HP-G54 Tomato 1.28
roman9441
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm in the same boat with you for stuck with the new firmware from EU i though it the newest here is my solution ~ ~ now I'm using other 3rd firmware

Thank you Lantis it work well i will post instruction in case some one have in same boat with me

1. First This are the file you need (I put all file in desktop for my convinient)
- Putty.exe
- Gargoyle /DD-wrt to factory/Any firmware you want
- Lede project firmware (For EU 3.15.1 Build 160616)

(https://downloads.lede-project.org/snapshots/targets/ar71xx/generic/lede-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-factory-eu.bin)

2. After have all of the file let's login to the router normally with webUI that you normally get 18005 error code. Then upgrade it with Lede firmware in the link. Now you should out of the problem with stock firmware that not allow you to go to other 3rd firmware.

3. But the problem is LEDE project don't have web UI. So for me i use the putty to login
Host : 192.168.1.1 (Default for LEDE project)
Then it will ask for the username. Just use root that all. LEDE normally don't have password setting now.

4. Now for me I'm try to ping see if my router work (8.8.8.Cool.The router should work fine now. Actually we can flash through the command but for me i prefer through web UI. So now let's install web UI for lede project firmware with following command

4.1: type this command: opkg update (This should download some file for a while depend on your internet speed)
4.2 after finish download first one type this command opkg install luci-ssl (Wait for it to complete install the webUI for you)

5. Now close the windows that use putty to open and try to open webUI with your browser you should get standard Openwrt WebUI login.Use root as username and leave the password blank. Then go to upgrade firmware. At this point you can flash to any firmware you want from LEDE-project. You can flash to DD-WRT/Gargoryle / Stock firmware before locking firmware happens

Hope this help the people who make the same mistake as me. Now enjoy your Archer c7 v2 again ^^
skarps
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
roman9441 wrote:
I'm in the same boat with you for stuck with the new firmware from EU i though it the newest here is my solution ~ ~ now I'm using other 3rd firmware

Thank you Lantis it work well i will post instruction in case some one have in same boat with me

1. First This are the file you need (I put all file in desktop for my convinient)
- Putty.exe

(https://downloads.lede-project.org/snapshots/targets/ar71xx/generic/lede-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-factory-eu.bin)

2. After have all of the file let's login to the router normally with webUI that you normally get 18005 error code. Then upgrade it with Lede firmware in the link. Now you should out of the problem with stock firmware that not allow you to go to other 3rd firmware.

3. But the problem is LEDE project don't have web UI. So for me i use the putty to login
Then it will ask for the username. Just use root that all. LEDE normally don't have password setting now.

4. Now for me I'm try to ping see if my router work (8.8.8.Cool.The router should work fine now. Actually we can flash through the command but for me i prefer through web UI. So now let's install web UI for lede project firmware with following command

4.1: type this command: opkg update (This should download some file for a while depend on your internet speed)
4.2 after finish download first one type this command opkg install luci-ssl (Wait for it to complete install the webUI for you)

5. Now close the windows that use putty to open and try to open webUI with your browser you should get standard Openwrt WebUI login.Use root as username and leave the password blank. Then go to upgrade firmware. At this point you can flash to any firmware you want from LEDE-project. You can flash to DD-WRT/Gargoryle / Stock firmware before locking firmware happens

Hope this help the people who make the same mistake as me. Now enjoy your Archer c7 v2 again ^^

These instructions worked perfectly on my c7 that was stuck on version 160616. Thanks so much!! Very Happy
nonyhaha2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
roman9441 wrote:

- Putty.exe

Hi there,

As Lede's firmware does not have a GUI, could you please advise us the command to just flash our desired firmware without the need of updateing or installing any other package?

My internet connections is a PPPOE so I would like to jump over the configuration of this just to install a GUI.

many thanks!

I believe we can use method mentioned bu chigo58, through TFTPD32, if we are already running Lede's firmware?

Like:
1. install Lede's firmware from TPlink stock latest firmware.
2. reboot rooter
3. Rename factory_to_ddwrt.bin to ArcherC7v2_tp_recovery.bin
4. Change your Ethernet adapter to IP 192.168.0.66 static IP, subnet 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.0.1
5. Download Tftpd32 by Ph. Jounin at http://tftpd32.jounin.net/tftpd32_download.html
6. Browse to the directory that hold ArcherC7v2_tp_recovery.bin file.
7. Copy here TFTPD32 files and run TFTPD32
8. Choose 192.168.0.66 for your "server interfaces"
9. Choose Tftp server tap
10. Activate TFTP Recovery press and hold WPS/Reset Button during powering on
11. Wait for it to transfer... and further wait till it boots.

Is this correct?

I will try it this evening.
roman9441
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
step 4.1 and 4.2 is to install the Web Ui using putty :/
imbaSD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
roman9441 wrote:

- Putty.exe

Create account just to thank you, work very well for me.
God bless you Razz

Was before: Archer C7 v2 Firmware 160616
Now : Powered by LuCI 15.05-149-g0d8bbd2 Release (git-15.363.78009-956be55) / OpenWrt Chaos Calmer 15.05.1
BubbaMoe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anybody try the lede method on a US variant running 160719 and presumably lede-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-factory-us.bin not the eu version?
lpsnlpsn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
roman9441 wrote:

- Putty.exe

Many thanks roman9441. I just bought a brand new ArcherC7 1750 v2 (EU 3.15.1 Build 160616). First attempts to upgrade to custom firmwares were all blocked. And roman9441's message quoted above worked. Again thanks a million!
BubbaMoe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
As always YMMV do at your own risk etc etc...

Just to let anyone who is wondering the lede method also works on the locked US model running 160719 V2 with the new flash chip.

I used lede-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-factory-us.bin instead of the eu version flashed on the default tp firmware.

I also needed to setup my DSL connection before being able to install lede's web frontend using these commands after I ssh'd to the new lede install:

Code:
uci set network.wan.proto=pppoe
uci set network.wan.username='yougotthisfromyour@isp.su'
uci set network.wan.password='yourpassword'
uci commit network
ifup wan

After that, you'll have internet access and you can install the luci web frontend and point your browser to that ip.

One note, when going from lede to dd-wrt it would only accept factory-to-ddwrt-US.bin file, not tplink_archer-c7-v2-US.bin... it will complain about it being an invalid format. This wasn't clear to me before starting so it may save some frustration to other people.

The DD build I chose after reading through the thread is 30082 as it seemed to be well regarded as stable.

Also be sure to uncheck the keep settings box when flashing, I don't know if it matters but it seems prudent. Now flash and enjoy dd-wrt.

Thank you for everyone who posted about how to around this factory firmware lock, cheers.
jv66
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
BubbaMoe wrote:
As always YMMV do at your own risk etc etc...

Just to let anyone who is wondering the lede method also works on the locked US model running 160719 V2 with the new flash chip.

I used lede-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-factory-us.bin instead of the eu version flashed on the default tp firmware.

I'll second this as well. Just uploaded build 30880. I'll add this if some of you hit a snag after uploading whatever dd-wrt firmware. using firefox (and certificates with https). Just make sure you are using http and not https if you are having problems loading the WI page...
Only
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found if you as - US to the end of the file name and it isnt too long of a file name it will flash just have to ADD tehus so XXXXXX-US.bin works when you donwload teh file just add -us to the end
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 7
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: