ASUS RT-AC5300 how to flash?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
321Kami
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 13:05    Post subject: ASUS RT-AC5300 how to flash? Reply with quote
Hi guys,
I can see that there are few people trying to install ddwrt on AC5300, and many of them experiencing problems that are left without addressing. I was able to resolve one of them (bootloop after initial flash) and I hope that more of you can share their solutions for issues they came across.

So initial flash.
1. This router contains some sort of mechanism that coverts/stores configuration even if recovery flashing is done.
2. The mechanism from my experience is always executed and may lead to unexpected errors when flashing configured Asus stock device with ddwrt.
3. To perform initial flash store the configuration (stock firmware has such possibility) just in case.
4. Do a factory reset. From stock firmware, before flash!
5. Flash ddwrt
6. Just in case do a factory reset from ddwrt again.

LAN
In the 03-28-2016-r29362 build LAN ports are not working (lates available when I tried). Don't know why yet, because "ip addr" command returns all of the lan/wan interfaces. But zerophase suggested to try older build 29114 saying that there LAN ports work. Haven't tried it yet.
Sponsor
rommer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Asus ac5300 running the latest flash, Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r30432 std (08/16/16 and the lan ports are working BUT dhcp is not working on the lan ports.

DHCP works fine for wireless connections but not the lan ports.

Setting a static ip address on the computer connected to a lan port and data flow works just fine.

With the DHCP not working on the lan ports I can see how people might think that the lan ports are not working.

Annoying but functional. Hopefully that might shed some light on this issue.

If i'm posting this in the wrong place please let me know.
rommer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 13:53    Post subject: NO 30-30-30 Reply with quote
I've bricked a unit using the 30-30-30 method. Use restore defaults instead.

I bought a second unit and its been running DD-WRT v3.0-r30471 std (08/24/16) for almost 4 days now.

Any idea how to recover the original unit? I do get an adhoc wireless network but can't connect to it. No connection via a lan port.
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 14:52    Post subject: Re: NO 30-30-30 Reply with quote
Search in the forum on how to use Asus recovery utility
rommer wrote:
I've bricked a unit using the 30-30-30 method. Use restore defaults instead.

I bought a second unit and its been running DD-WRT v3.0-r30471 std (08/24/16) for almost 4 days now.

Any idea how to recover the original unit? I do get an adhoc wireless network but can't connect to it. No connection via a lan port.
rommer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
The unit won't go into recovery mode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: