linksys and Raspberry program

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
raafat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 20:37    Post subject: linksys and Raspberry program Reply with quote
Hi there, i have a program, and i want to run that program on my 1200 linksys(it's flashed), and since i can't compile that program on linksys directly, i compiled that program on Raspberry machine(since it has ARM processor), and moved to my linksys, but when i try to run that program using this command : ./filetorun, i get this message : file not found.

the output of uname -a command on as follow

linksys : Linux DD-WRT 3.18.25 #59 SMP Mon Jan 11 11:48:34 CET 2016 armv7l DD-WRT

Raspberry : Linux RPSClient 4.1.18-v7+ #845 SMP Thu Feb 18 19:45:28 GMT 2016 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

my program is working fine on Raspberry.

Any suggestion to get my program running on my linksys 1200 ?

Thanks
Sponsor
Viros
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 16:15    Post subject: ARM compatibility Reply with quote
Just because the RPi is also ARM doesn't mean that programs compiled there will run on just any ARM CPU. For instance, the RPi 1 uses ARMv6 instruction set, while the 2 and 3 use ARMv7 and ARMv8, respectively. While code compiled on ARMv7 or v8 are largely compatible with each other, ARMv6 code won't run on v7 or v8, respectively.

To get your code to run on DD-WRT, you might want to look up some of the build tool/cross compiler information for DD-WRT. That will probably tell you how to set up the right compiler and still allow you to compile on your PC instead of a small embedded board. I don't know where this info is, but you can probably find it on the wiki somewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any way to install gcc on dd-wrt to compile the program directly on dd-wrt ?
raafat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 0:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have done compiled the program, anyway, when i try to run my program via this command : ./filetorun, i get this message : -sh : program: not found. Even if there is an issue with the file i wouldn't expect that message, i expect a different message from : not found, Any suggestion ?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: