Router: Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N
Firmware: From 28493 to 30082
Kernel: 3.10.94 #13366 Thu Dec 10 03:34:56 CET 2015 mips
Woke up this morning and my old firmware had hung Ethernet, so it was time for an upgrade. This unit has previously been a real painful to upgrade, forcing me back to TFTP, but this upgrade went without issue. I upgraded two units, and both were successful. Time will tell if this version is more stable, but I'm optimistic. I will post any issues uncovered.
I've spent many hours following various Atheros tutorials on trying to get wireless repeating/bridging working. For wireless on client mode, wndr associates just fine, and get TX and RX, even ping the gateway (sometimes, lol). If I try pinging the gateway from a wired computer connected to the router, it times out constantly even though it can still find a route to the gateway.
When wireless is on client bridge mode, it still associates just fine, doesn't get any RX though. Can't ping the gateway no matter what configuration changes I make in DDWRT. FWIW I'm associating it with an xfinity public gateway.
Router: TPLINK ARCHER-C7 v2
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r30082 std (07/01/16)
Kernel: Linux 3.18.36 #14132 Fri Jul 1 04:21:18 CEST 2016 mips
Status: OK (AutoConfig-DHCP / Gateway)
Reset: YES (before and after flash)
Errors: See Below
Uptime: 4 days, 16:06
This is my first time/build using DD-WRT. Flashed directly from Official Firmware. It's used as my main Router (LAN&WIFI[2.4/5]). Been using it almost 6 days now and no problems. The only issue I encountered so far is that only 7 of the 15 websites slots are recognized under the "Access Restrictions" page. I've detailed the BUG in more detail at the URL below. Also I believe the WPS LED should be defaulted to OFF (it's always on in this build on my router).
I flashed my router with this FW and everything worked beautifully for about 36hrs and then i started getting connection drops every hour on the hour and after the first drop the wan port switched to 100base-t from a 1000base-t and no amount of restarting resetting or reflashing would solve this issue. I kept all settings on the router as default as i was only testing it out and i might add i was very impressed with all the feature and additional settings that were available compared to the R7500v1 stock FW, so I have reluctantly flashed back to stock on the hopes this may be addressed in future releases.
Great work to all that are involved in the dd-wrt project.