TP-Link Archer C9 Brick Fix (Revert To Stock Possibly)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
user1514
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 13:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay, I've ordered my USB to TTL converter which will take a few weeks to arrive. Serial flashing doesn't look as hard as I imagined. It's only 3 wires and it's easily accessible.

Watch7ower wrote:

As for the CRC change, I could not get CRC32.exe to run on Windows 10 (the program closes a split-second after I open it)? So I used a CRC generator website instead and used that to get a CRC which I then injected into the image using a hex editor. Is this incorrect because CRC32.exe is supposed to inject the new CRC code into the image itself?

CRC32 is just a normal command-line CRC program. But you should only take the CRC starting from 0xC onwards (skip 12 bytes). This is the command that you use in Command Prompt:
chrisdmc wrote:
crc32 ddwrt-to-factory.bin 0xc

If CRC32 doesn't start, you might have to download and install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (vc_redist.x64.exe).
Sponsor
joeyluu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
user1514 wrote:
I just semi-bricked my Archer C9 v2 Sad

I used r29739 factory-to-ddwrt.bin from stock (don't know what version).

It's in the power loop situation described above.

What's the last working version? If I manage to get serial working, I want to flash a working copy.

That's the same DDWRT version I used but I downloaded the one for C9 V1. I ordered a USB to UART TTL also. It should be here in a week.
joeyluu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got the USB-TO-UART today and flashed it back to stock. From there I flashed the ddwrt from 12-24-2015.
Found this on youtube. Hope it helps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fme7kwTkttk
Krautmaster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey buddys, I hope your able to help me.

I just flashed the latest file of

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=betas%2F

in my Acher C9 V1

06-06-2016-r29837/tplink_archer-c9v1

->factory-to-ddwrt.bin

It is currently blinking slowly with the 4 right leds. I also did the 30/30/30 reset.

Nothing. No boot. I tried to go back to stock using TFTP and it uploads the latest stock FW (the one I came from) to the device, but it behabes the same. If if press the reset key after boot, only one of those 4 LED (the sync led) gets on. File loaded, but as said, nothing...

What would I try next. I mean, last step would be opening the case and using my aduino UART to do a serial upload, right?

Any how, I havent read from others having a that strange slow blinging 4 led thing...

Thanks and Best Regards

Kraut
Krautmaster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
okay, did a serial flash, up and fine again. How to go for DD WRT now? Very Happy
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Krautmaster wrote:
okay, did a serial flash, up and fine again. How to go for DD WRT now? Very Happy

Steps on C9 main thread where you have also posted. Spend time reading before asking.
takeahike
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here are two new videos on unbricking the Archer C9, first one for v1 only, not sure about the second: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fme7kwTkttk and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU8RyW82Z2M
user1514
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did it!
My USB TTL finally arrived.
The driver didn't work on Windows 10 but I found this article that linked to an older driver:
http://minhdanh2002.blogspot.sg/2013/12/using-prolific-pl2303-usb-to-ttl.html

I hex edited the version numbers to v2 in the ArcherC9RevertToStock firmware... I just realised that I forgot to update the CRC but it flashed anyway.

Then I did a normal factory-to-ddwrt using Archer C9v2 r29968. It worked perfectly but I have no idea how it passed the v2 check (well I did flash in CFE using -noheader).
hachiroku
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
completed the ethernet recovery and worked like a charm.

one thing to note is the LOG viewer doesn't display anything...no updates nor requests or sending of file.

thanks Aboshi!!!
pepperoni
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
chrisdmc wrote:
Latest DD-WRT firmware (01/25/2016) no longer overwrites TP-Link partitions, try first to revert to stock using TFTP method!

EDIT: The image is only for Archer c9 v1.

For Archer C9 I have modified 12.bin image from @Heinzek to make it flash from DD-WRT web interface.

WARNING: Wait until somebody that have open the router case and has UART, have flash it and confirms that it works! Otherwise you could end-up with a bricked router.

WARNING: The image will overwrite default MAC and Pin on your router, to restore them you will have to modify the image in same way I have posted instructions for Costco US Archer C1900 (black case) or in the worst case flash the 'default-mac' and 'pin' partitions from CFE with correct data.

To validate the image works as expected:

1. Extract ddwrt-to-factory.bin from the attached zip and flash it from DD-WRT web interface as you would normally flash a DD-WRT update image (webflash.bin). Wait until DD-WRT reboots the router.
2. After DD-WRT reboots the router, do a hard-reset by pressing the reset button for around 30secs or until all the lights turn on.
3. Once in TP-Link web interface, flash the router with an official firmware. It should work.
4. Try to flash the official firmware by using TFTP (instructions by @Heinzek - page 2).

Reverted to stock on Archer C9 V1, finally !

Using version DD-WRT 6-24-2016-r30016/tplink_archer-c9v1.

Flashed ddwrt-to-factory.bin from DD-WRT GUI. I used the file downloaded from above quote, NO changes to file. The file can be downloaded from here also.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=34337

During the flash it paused and requested me to run ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew from command prompt then hit continue. I did what it requested and the flash continued. The flash finished successfully with a factory version of TP-Link dated in 2014. The ip changed to 192.168.0.1

I pressed the reset button until all the lights turned OFF. I let go of the button the instant the last light went out.

After the reboot I flashed c9v1_un-up-ver4-1-0-P31[20160517-rel35411].bin downloaded from here.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-C9_V1.html#Firmware

The stock TP-Link firmware is running very smoothly.
vvgsfx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where I can download for archer c9 V2 revert firmware?
user1514
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can just use v1 and it will work. It will also turn your router into v1.

But if you still want v2, I don't have the file but I'll give you instructions:
Download ArcherC9RevertToStock.zip (from this post).

Open ddwrt-to-factory.bin with a hex editor and search for a string like:

Code:
vendor_name:TP-LINK.vendor_url:www.tp-link.com.product_name:ArcherC9.language:UN.product_ver:1.0.0.product_id:00090001.special_id:00000000

and change it to:
Code:
vendor_name:TP-LINK.vendor_url:www.tp-link.com.product_name:ArcherC9.language:UN.product_ver:2.0.0.product_id:00090002.special_id:00000000

and also change:
Code:
SupportList:.{product_name:ArcherC9,product_ver:1.0.0,special_id:00000000}

to:
Code:
SupportList:.{product_name:ArcherC9,product_ver:2.0.0,special_id:00000000}

I have no idea if this will break anything that I don't know about but it seemed to work.
xViNi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been trying everything to unbrick my Archer C9 v1 and it doesn't work. I trasfered all diferent files through TFTP server and didn't work. What should I try now ? Other method using TFTP ? Should I open the case and do the USB Connection ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks !
riogrande75
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Facing same problem as malachi:
Code:
Digital core power voltage set to 1.0V
Decompressing...error 1

Any chance without JTAG?
morningkill
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
riogrande75 wrote:
Facing same problem as malachi:
Code:
Decompressing...error 1

Any chance without JTAG?

Almost the same problem here. I´ve got the router (Archer C9) already used and bricked, due to a supposed failed attempt to change the original firmware.

First, tried the tftp method, with no success (the router doesn´t enter on recovery mode, so never got the chance to upload the recovery.bin). Then, i´ve opened the case, to try the Usb Serial Ttl Conversor Cp2102+putty method, but i´ve realized that someone tried this before, the pins we´re already soldered in the right places (i didn´t knew any of that, as far as i was concerned, the router was supposed to be sealed, never opened before, but i was fooled, i think...). Trying this method gave me the same error, ctrl+c on putty then the terminal displays only "Digital core power voltage set to 1.0V
Digital core power voltage set to 1.0V" and nothing else, even if i power on an off again, or tried to put gnd off an on too, neither way it doesn´t made any difference...

As someone else said back in this thread (or another similar post), the solution to this is "get a new router", right?

Confused
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20, 21, 22  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 16 of 22
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: