TP-Link Archer C9 Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
takeahike
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mauretto wrote:
I bought a C9 ver.1 and upgrade to 28598. I ask you to help me the setting in client mode for the following items:

This is a pretty good video for setting up dd-wrt although I'm not sure it addresses all of your specific concerns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVKoy_z3aj4. It actually has three parts that come on one after the other. I'm glad to see that you apparently did some reading before picking a version to flash your router with and chose a version that appears to have the consensus as the best release thus far for the Archer C9, v1, r28598, 12/24/15. Too bad that there's not more reporting on other versions, but I suppose we must go with the information we have.
Sponsor
Mauretto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you very much for the advice
I read a lot about C9 and saw that the 28598 are the most stable
I hope there are soon other stable fw
takeahike
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was wondering what kind of wired and wireless internet speeds people are getting with the Archer C9 using dd-wrt as well as data file transfer speeds people are getting from computer-to-computer through a wired connection (reports have always been good with the stock firmware, but for me features--especially printer sharing--was really lacking so I've switched to dd-wrt like many of you). There were some reports on these matters earlier in the thread but I thought an update might be in order. My connection is only 50/5, so I can't test to see what optimum internet speeds are. Also, please specify what release of dd-wrt you're using as well as your version of the router to get your results.
joeyluu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
takeahike wrote:
joeyluu wrote:
I tried flashing from stock and it bricked my C9 v1.
My router was running the TP-LINK Archer C9_V1_150916. From the web admin page, I upgraded the firmware to factory-to-ddwrt.bin r29739 from 05-19-2016.
Now it's stuck on a reboot loop. I'm waiting for my USB TO UART TTL to arrive so I can unbrick it.

Has anyone successfully flashed the r29739 on the C9?
I read on a different thread that someone else bricked their router from the same r29739 bin but it was on a C9 v2.

Hopefully you read about that brick after you flashed yours; otherwise you took an awfully large risk, even if it was from a v2. Should do some research before trying anything, and go with a safe and reportably reliable release, such as r28598, 12-24-15, especially where dd-wrt support is relatively recent and not that great for a particular router, as is the case here.

Thank you for the info. I should of did some more research before flashing. I had to learn it the hard way.I got the USB-TO-UART and flashed it back to stock. From there I flashed the factory-to-ddwrt.bin from 12-24-2015.
Found this on youtube. Hope it helps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fme7kwTkttk
Mauretto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all,
i have installed the build DD-WRT v3.0-r28598 on my C9 BUT i'm missing the Privoxy section.
Why? Is this build not supporting Privoxy? What build have Privoxy for the C9?
I have setting the C9 as client

Thank's all
matteodv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 0:28    Post subject: Possible Brick Reply with quote
Hi everyone!
It's been a while since I posted something here on the forum and now I'm back here asking you support! Smile

I'm an happy owner of a TP-Link Archer C9 V1.0 white edition, which I managed to flash with DD-WRT without any particular problems (unfortunately, I don't remember the build I used about 6/7 months ago).
I also managed to configure OpenVPN, USB/Samba/FTP sharing and other features and I had absolutely no problems since today.

I really don't know what's happened but now the router is stuck in an infinite loop... I mean, all LED lights turn on for 2/3 seconds as if the router is booting and then they all turn off for 10/15 seconds, and this over and over again....
I tried both 30 and 30/30/30 hard resets but without any luck...
Is it bricked/semi-bricked, right?

I have never updated the DD-WRT firmware since I had no valid reasons to do so.
I also read last pages of some threads, here and I found out there should be a way to unbrick it, right?
In particular, I found that blog post: https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=977268#977268

Is it the right way to solve my problem? I can't afford of buying another router so I'm waiting for CP2102 serial converter to get shipped.
My main goal, right now, is to solve the problem and install an official firmware (since I don't have much time to flash it and configure it again).

Can someone help/give me some feedback about that?
Thank you so much guys! Wink
Krautmaster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
mine stuck in bootloop with the latest build, so i did a serial flash and im now going to 28598. Any stuff u want me to test?
Krautmaster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
i get ~220 Mbit Transfer Speed in AC with my S7 on 5G. Is there a way to get it up. C9 is in bridge mode. What can I do for tune it up?
matteodv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Krautmaster wrote:
mine stuck in bootloop with the latest build, so i did a serial flash and im now going to 28598. Any stuff u want me to test?

By serial flash you mean that you followed the guide I linked in my post?
So it's really possible to debrick it?
takeahike
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Krautmaster wrote:
i get ~220 Mbit Transfer Speed in AC with my S7 on 5G. Is there a way to get it up. C9 is in bridge mode. What can I do for tune it up?

That doesn't seem too bad when you consider theoretical speeds compared with real life speed. See: http://www.speedguide.net/faq/what-is-the-actual-real-life-speed-of-wireless-374. What's the speed your service provides and what do you get with a wired connection?

Last edited by takeahike on Tue Jun 07, 2016 23:49; edited 1 time in total
takeahike
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
matteodv wrote:
Krautmaster wrote:

You should try one or both of these two methods: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fme7kwTkttk or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU8RyW82Z2M. These are new videos, so they should be up-to-date. The second is a simpler method, so you could try that first. Of course you should view both of them to see what's your best course of action.
matteodv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
takeahike wrote:
matteodv wrote:
Krautmaster wrote:

You should try one or both of these two methods: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fme7kwTkttk or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU8RyW82Z2M. These are new videos, so they should be up-to-date. The second is a simpler method, so you could try that first. Of course you should view both of them to see what's your best course of action.

Thank you so so much! These videos are very helpful!
I just need to wait to pass an exam and to get my serial converter and then I'm going to try the methods!
rkboni
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
joeyluu wrote:
I tried flashing from stock and it bricked my C9 v1.

My router was running the TP-LINK Archer C9_V1_150916. From the web admin page, I upgraded the firmware to factory-to-ddwrt.bin r29739 from 05-19-2016.
Now it's stuck on a reboot loop. I'm waiting for my USB TO UART TTL to arrive so I can unbrick it.

Has anyone successfully flashed the r29739 on the C9?
I read on a different thread that someone else bricked their router from the same r29739 bin but it was on a C9 v2.

FWIW, my C9v1 has been running 29739 with an uptime of 16d, 18h and hasn't had any issues. I have been upgrading along the way, so I haven't flashed a factory build since 29085 or 29193 (can't recall now). Previous to 29739 I was running 29440 for a while.

Hope that helps.
takeahike
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
joeyluu wrote:

I have been upgrading along the way . . .

Not a good idea in my opinion with this router . . . too many bricks (however, I'm glad you got it fixed). In general, best to find something that works and stick with it unless some special need arises that requires another flash.
Mauretto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
takeahike wrote:
joeyluu wrote:

I have been upgrading along the way . . .

Not a good idea in my opinion with this router . . . too many bricks (however, I'm glad you got it fixed). In general, best to find something that works and stick with it unless some special need arises that requires another flash.

I hope soon Very Happy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 70, 71, 72  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 33 of 72
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: