Client Mode wifi and MAC filter

albertocastillo2001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 17:34    Post subject: Client Mode wifi and MAC filter Reply with quote
Hello

There's a wireless which is being broadcasted on different routers. Each router has it's own MAC and the SSID is the same

There's one specific router that doesn't work, accepts the connection but never provides an IP address so i would like to blacklist this specific MAC address

According to the Client Mode wiki page it says I can use the MAC filter to specific which MAC addresses I want to connect to or blacklist.
This doesn't seem to be working. Eventually my router will end up connecting to the SSID with the MAC address that doesn't work.

How can I solve this? It's like this feature is broken, althought it works well when the router is setup as an AP, but not as a client.

I have the physical wireless adapter setup as client mode connected to the SSID and a virtual wireless adapter which will "repeat the signal".

Thanks
Sponsor
albertocastillo2001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone?

Thank you.
albertocastillo2001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello

Any help?

Thanks
BorednLazy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 20:10    Post subject: Use KeepAlive Reply with quote
Another way to do this is use the KeepAlive function/WDS connection Watchdog, which basically checks every ___ seconds if there is an internet connection by pinging ip addresses and if there isnt, it will reboot the router.

Administration ---> KeepAlive
WDS/Connection WatchDog - enable
Interval - enter how often you want the router to check
IP address - enter up to 3 IP addresses with only 1 space between them.

how to find IP address of a website:
In Windows -->Start-->run-->cmd
type in CMD ---> ping website.com

My setting are 180 seconds and the IP address that i use are 172.217.2.206 8.8.8.8 98.139.183.24, which may be google.com google.com yahoo.com.
albertocastillo2001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello

I think that was a great idea. I gave it a try. I set WDS/Connection Watchdog to check every 60 seconds and I used these IP addresses 216.58.211.206 206.190.36.45 8.8.8.8
Two are from Google.com and Yahoo.com from where I am connecting and the Google DNS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: