YAMon 2.2 Usage Reporting: by device per hr/day/mo or live

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 107, 108, 109  Next
Wolfeman0101
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
What size USB do I need?
Sponsor
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wolfeman0101 wrote:
What size USB do I need?

It does not have to be particularly large... I have an 8GB drive attached to my router which is over-kill. A 1 or 2 GB drive will easily hold several years of data.

For example, I have usage data dating back to May 2013... ~1100 files in 42 folders but my `data` directory is less than 15MB in size. My `logs` directory, on the other hand, contains only ~200 files but is 1500MB (but I usually have my loglevel set to 0 or -1 so my log files grow quickly). Mental note, I should clean out the old logs...

My drive is formatted to ext4... I used ext2 in the past but occasionally experienced corrupted files if the router rebooted unexpectedly. I have not had those problems with ext4.

NB - You *do* want to have enough space because YAMon will not fail gracefully if you run out...

I hope this helps!

Al
dvh312
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:35    Post subject: YAMon 3 on WR841ND v9 Reply with quote
I want to install YAMon on my router TP-Link WR841ND v9. As it doesn't have USB port, how can I change the config file? I don't have any shared drive so how can I create one? How much space does it need to run YAMon and save the data for around 1 month?
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:26    Post subject: Re: YAMon 3 on WR841ND v9 Reply with quote
dvh312 wrote:
I want to install YAMon on my router TP-Link WR841ND v9. As it doesn't have USB port, how can I change the config file? I don't have any shared drive so how can I create one? How much space does it need to run YAMon and save the data for around 1 month?

To set up a shared drive, look at the Samba settings (sorry, I am not an expert in that area).

In terms of disk space, the YAMon data files arepretty small...
- my users.js (with 130 devices) is less than 30KB
- my monthly data files (one per month), on average, are also about 30KB
- my daily usage file (one for each day of the month), are generally less than 20KB

I have three years of data files and they total less than 15MB
dvh312
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:46    Post subject: Re: YAMon 3 on WR841ND v9 Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
dvh312 wrote:

To set up a shared drive, look at the Samba settings (sorry, I am not an expert in that area).

- my daily usage file (one for each day of the month), are generally less than 20KB

Thank you, so are there any way for me to use the internal storage of the modem? Since WR841ND v9 have 4MB flash and 32MB RAM, is it possible to save the data? If so, which folder I should put the data in (opt, tmp, jffs, jffs2...)?
zzkazu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys just got YaMon 2.2 working, but I notice the static user Id's I set in DD-WRT aren't coming across and devices are being shown as either new or unknown.

Is there a config file I need to manually update?

--------------
Ok found it users.js on the router
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 1:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
zzkazu wrote:
Guys just got YaMon 2.2 working, but I notice the static user Id's I set in DD-WRT aren't coming across and devices are being shown as either new or unknown.

Is there a config file I need to manually update?

--------------
Ok found it users.js on the router

You can also make the updates in the reports... just go to the devices tab and click a row... the Edit Device dialog will appear and you can change the Group and/or Device name.

BTW v2.2 is quite old now. V3 can be downloaded from http://usage-monitoring.com. V3 includes a install & setup script that'll copy over all of your v2.x data.

Al
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 1:28    Post subject: Re: YAMon 3 on WR841ND v9 Reply with quote
dvh312 wrote:
al_c wrote:
dvh312 wrote:

Thank you, so are there any way for me to use the internal storage of the modem? Since WR841ND v9 have 4MB flash and 32MB RAM, is it possible to save the data? If so, which folder I should put the data in (opt, tmp, jffs, jffs2...)?

I suspect that the only spot where you'll have write access is /tmp and that will get erased every time your router reboots.

Al
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:38    Post subject: May 31, 2016 - FINAL UPDATE to YAMon 2.2.6 Reply with quote
I've posted what I hope will be the final update to this code base (see the zip file attached to the first message of this thread). The only change in this update is a minor tweak to a regular expression that allows YAMon version 2 and 3 to run concurrently.

I have been working on and running version 3 for several months now and it includes a number of important new features that are not available in this version. Including, but not limited to IPv6 traffic and an installer script that facilitates the setup and configuration process.

See http://usage-monitoring.com/download.php for the latest installer or http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=289324 for the YAMon 3 discussion thread in the DD-WRT forum.

I hope that everyone upgrades to v3.

Al
slidermike
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Al, it is good to see your project continuing.
When I was running the router as a router I enjoyed Yamon.
Since moving to an appliance based solution and making my router a dedicated AP I have all the tracking features I need for my needs.

I am curious though if you would be kind enough to post some screen shots of v3; show off some of the new/cool and compelling features of Yamon v3.

Thank you again.
Mike

R7000 specific Tips/Tricks.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264152
techmed
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 14:00    Post subject: Error: sh: eval: line 1: /opt/YAMon2/Setup/yamon2.sh: not fo Reply with quote
I followed the tutorial and everything went really well, until I tried to run the command from the shell. Does anyone have any ideas? All of the screenshots from the tutorial match mine...and I can't find where I may have gone wrong.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 14:30    Post subject: Re: Error: sh: eval: line 1: /opt/YAMon2/Setup/yamon2.sh: no Reply with quote
techmed wrote:
I followed the tutorial and everything went really well, until I tried to run the command from the shell. Does anyone have any ideas? All of the screenshots from the tutorial match mine...and I can't find where I may have gone wrong.

I suggest you try YAMon3 (see http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=289324)... the install script walks you through the setup & configuration process.

For install issues, send screenshots with error messages to install@usage-monitoring.com

For general questions, send screenshots with error messages to questions@usage-monitoring.com

Thanks!

Al
sribou
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all,

Any suggestion for installation on R7000 on Tomato Shibby
Tried DD WRT / OpenWRT / Linksys => nothing works
Issues on symblink
Issues on directory missing
Blank Page

Many thanks.

SR
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 0:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
sribou wrote:
Hi all,

Any suggestion for installation on R7000 on Tomato Shibby
Tried DD WRT / OpenWRT / Linksys => nothing works
Issues on symblink
Issues on directory missing
Blank Page

Many thanks.

SR

Blank page is caused by the unexplained issues mentioned earlier.

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:44    Post subject: Re: Error: sh: eval: line 1: /opt/YAMon2/Setup/yamon2.sh: no Reply with quote
techmed wrote:

Please try yamon3... the setup/install script greatly simplifies the process.

Al
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 107, 108, 109  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 108 of 109
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: