"EA6300V1" (Q87-EA6400) BCM4360

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
uisik34
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed koolshare.cfe again and reset by wps button back of router and asustek web mini GUI has appered then flashed tomato fw through GUI then nothing appeared and reseted router by wps button then web mini GUI appeared again and flashed tomato again and rebooted back with Tomato Shibby. Woww fw seems me super detailed indeed though I configured and connected Internet.
I will test it for a while but can anybody tell how can we ftp and download ddwrt fw on folder /tmp/root to run mtd write command on tomato. ftp does not connect through sshd on port #23.
Sponsor
uisik34
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Silent_Swift wrote:

As far as I am aware, the Koolshare cfe is fine.

Just do the mtd -f write tomatoxxx.trx linux2 and then mtd -f write tomatoxxx.trx linux and then nvram erase and your done.

I have fought to connect to ftp connect to router on tomato which is so annoying! Anyhow I did it only through winscp ftp protocol and copied any image and tried to run command on putty telnet.

root@unknown:/tmp/home/root# mtd -f write tomato.trx linux2
-sh: mtd: not found

PS Edit: I reply my own question and problem. I could not figure out to reflash another firmware on telnet by using mtd -f write command.
What I did is to flash ddwrt fw by "tomato GUI" on update firmware tab then was able to login ddwrt.
I tried to refresh install ddwrt on both partition on telnet by using mtd write but again could not write on linux2 but several times made factory default by wps button finally it worked for both partitions.

My observations about tomato shibby 1.28
Nvram enlarge size of 64K some after time.
Login problem to GUI till restart it
VPN connection problem.
Weak wifi signal when compared to ddwrt or kongac.
SSID channel drops after could not login GUI and need restarts.

Last edited by uisik34 on Mon May 02, 2016 7:15; edited 2 times in total
Rebel1699
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finally got my router back up after remembering the reset function was moved to the wps button. 30-30-30 and all was good. Running as an access point behind my Nighthawk ac2350. R29519 running perfectly at an average of 65-70 C without any heatsink mods.
uisik34
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
uisik34 wrote:

root@unknown:/tmp/home/root# mtd -f write tomato.trx linux2
-sh: mtd: not found

Might be the solution for another people will try it and have same problem like me;

root@unknown:/tmp/home/root# ls /*bin
/bin:
ash date fgrep ls netstat ping sed udpxy
busybox dd grep mdu nice ping6 sh umount
cat df gunzip mkdir ntpc ps sleep uname
chmod dmesg gzip mknod ntpstep pwd stty usleep
chown eapd kill more ntpsync rm sync vi
cp echo ln mount nvram rmdir tar watch
cstats egrep login mv pidof rstats touch zcat
/sbin:
arp hotplug mtd-erase sched
buttons hotplug2 mtd-unlock service
console ifconfig mtd-write setconsole
ddns-update init ppp_event syslogd
dhcp6c-state insmod radio udevtrigger
dhcpc-event klogd rc udhcpc
dhcpc-release led rcheck vconfig
dhcpc-renew listen reboot wldist
disconnected_pppoe lsmod redial
gpio modprobe rmmod
halt mount-cifs route

( Reference link of above post https://ttcshelbyville.wordpress.com/2014/06/29/commands-in-telnet-dd-wrt-and-tomato-routers/ )

I guess the commands can be run when we are /sbin
so the command should be on telnet like below
cd\
cd root/sbin/ (it should be where the folder is located I do not remember right now)
root@unknown mtd -f write /tmp/home/root/tomato.trx linux2
or you could consider to new fw in the same directory to run command directly like mtd -f write tomato.trx linux2
maxias
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:34    Post subject: tomato Reply with quote
can anyone who is using the tomato-firmware write some experiences?

how is the AC-Performance?

how is the 2.4 Ghz performance?

is it stable?

gracias
maxias
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 19:22    Post subject: tomato and Merlin Reply with quote
well made some testing:

tomato usb

only AC-Wlan untill 600MBit

everything else is fine

same effect in the latest dd-wrt

under Merlin im not able to connect to the 5GHz band

do i need the Xvortex CFE?

i made my testing only with the modified Koolshare CFE
maxias
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 19:57    Post subject: back to linksys firmware Reply with quote
in the end i went back to the stock firmware

there i have full AC-Speed and so i'll wait for the next spice where someone has a working dd-wrt firmware with 1GHz AC-Wlan

i would love to give my old dir-615 a kick and just use the EA6400
websun
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 22:52    Post subject: issues Reply with quote
Hmz, for testing purposes I am trying to update to tomato.

Currently dd-wrt works fine, but missing cut through forwarding...

Here is what I am getting:

root@test1:~# mtd -f write tomato-EA6400-136KS-AIO-64K.trx linux2
Could not open mtd device: linux2
Can't open device for writing!

Definitely I have the Koolshare CFE in place.
Any ideas?

OK, UPDATE

With dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin the linux2 will be missing.

Reverting to super hacky will show the linux2 mtd as well.

I simply don't trust the tomatousb image, for no reason at all.

Last edited by websun on Wed May 11, 2016 18:38; edited 1 time in total
Chaos5715
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 15:12    Post subject: TY Reply with quote
butterworth wrote:
I also wrote up the thermal fix.

Thermal Fix
It seems that many of these routers have been built with a gap between the Broadcom SoC and its heatsink. This is awful for temperatures and device longevity. Note that it is not software or firmware or routing traffic that causes high temps in this device – the exterior of the unit will get just as hot (and therefore the SoC will be just as hot) if you are using stock firmware. If your router is experiencing temperatures above 90 C when it’s operating in a room-temperature area, the following steps will likely bring them back down to 70-80 C.

I have been using DD-WRT for a long time and I just got a Linksys EA6300 really cheap the other day which has been a bit of a pain until I found your posts. Wanted to make an account just to say TY so much for the flash and temp fix guide Smile.

Was looking at my router temp and thought that it was ridiculously high even when idling and was very concerned about the impact it would have on longevity, but then I came across your post and ground down the heatsink with a dremel and added paste and now the temp stays around 70c. Wish I would have thought to take a before and after pic of the temps XD.
butterworth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 21:44    Post subject: Re: TY Reply with quote
Chaos5715 wrote:
I have been using DD-WRT for a long time and I just got a Linksys EA6300 really cheap the other day which has been a bit of a pain until I found your posts. Wanted to make an account just to say TY so much for the flash and temp fix guide Smile.

Was looking at my router temp and thought that it was ridiculously high even when idling and was very concerned about the impact it would have on longevity, but then I came across your post and ground down the heatsink with a dremel and added paste and now the temp stays around 70c. Wish I would have thought to take a before and after pic of the temps XD.

You are welcome sir! I hope it serves you well. It's been a great router for me - I haven't touched it in a month (37 days to be exact). I really think a lot of the poor amazon reviews/failures were because of the thermal issue. Thankfully it's an easy fix!

D-Link DIR-825 B1 (DD-WRT r29396)
luiggybit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 4:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Followed instalation guide made it by "butterworth", my ea6300v1 works perfectly with DD-WRT build 29621.

Ty butterworth.
satek.p
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi
My ea6300 v1 (EA 6400) shut down after about 1 to 2hrs after booting .then it takes hours to restart.I have done heat sink modification as per page 68..and also updated the FW with linksys latest (1.40.160989) still it is showing same problem. please suggest what to do next

thanks
luiggybit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys, is any guide or tutorial to make OPKG work on this platform?

I searched a lot, and tried several things but with no succeed.
itadu59
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

Before install the dd-wrt on my ea6300 (really thanks for the job et the installation guide !!!!) i have a question about the Wifi in 2GHZ

On my older lynksys (wrt54g) the wifi was better with the dd-wrt than the firmware lynksys.

On the ea6300 with the lastest dd-wrt, what is the performance for the wifi 2GHZ ?

Thanks for your answer.

Best regards
luiggybit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
itadu59 wrote:
Hello,

Before install the dd-wrt on my ea6300 (really thanks for the job et the installation guide !!!!) i have a question about the Wifi in 2GHZ

On my older lynksys (wrt54g) the wifi was better with the dd-wrt than the firmware lynksys.

On the ea6300 with the lastest dd-wrt, what is the performance for the wifi 2GHZ ?

Thanks for your answer.

Best regards

If you set 40Mhz channel BW + Only N, you get 300mbps performance.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 97, 98, 99  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 77 of 99
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: