Installing DD-WRT on WRT1200AC v. A02

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
jmanh2c
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 23:35    Post subject: Installing DD-WRT on WRT1200AC v. A02 Reply with quote
I have a WRT1200ac which I believe to be V. A02 which I didn't see a version of dd-wrt for, I was wondering if anyone has put dd-wrt on a wrt1200ac v. a02? Or correct me if I am wrong and it is v1. Its a good router It would just be better if I could flash it. Thank you for any help. Here is an image of the serial and version number.
Sponsor
Yemble
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:11    Post subject: Re: Installing DD-WRT on WRT1200AC v. A02 Reply with quote
jmanh2c wrote:
I have a WRT1200ac which I believe to be V. A02 which I didn't see a version of dd-wrt for, I was wondering if anyone has put dd-wrt on a wrt1200ac v. a02? Or correct me if I am wrong and it is v1. Its a good router It would just be better if I could flash it. Thank you for any help. Here is an image of the serial and version number.

IF there is no official F/W download for your A02 rev. on the official LinkSys support page, then your first port of call should be with LinkSys themselves to discover exactly what you have purchased and whether, or not, it is compatible with F/W from a different rev.

Armed with that info, you can make an informed decision about the correct version of DD-WRT, if indeed, there is one.
jmanh2c
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 15:34    Post subject: Re: Installing DD-WRT on WRT1200AC v. A02 Reply with quote
Turns out its still v1 and I was able to install dd-wrt without any problems. Its a lot easier getting dd-wrt on this router than it was on my old wrt54gs years ago. Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: