WRT1900ACS Port Forwarding & UPnP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
bswortman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 19:58    Post subject: WRT1900ACS Port Forwarding & UPnP Reply with quote
WRT1900ACS with 3.0 v28788 for my main router
WRT1900AC with 3.0 v28628 is being used as a WAP

I've configured port forwarding on my 1900ACS, but only a couple of the clients can be accessed from the WAN now.

UPnP, same results, only a couple of the UPnP clients can be accessed from the WAN.

I tried a 30/30/30 reset on the 1900ACS, no different.

I was using a Netgear R7000 with stock operating system before replacing it with the 1900ACS/dd-wrt. Everything worked great with the R7000 prior to the 1900ACS/dd-wrt.

Help, any suggestions? Should I use a different build?
Sponsor
bswortman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Some additional information to help:

I deselected Filter WAN NAT Redirection for testing from LAN

I enabled UPnP on my main router and the WAN

All devices with port forwarding are using static leases
armkreuz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, can't answer your question directly, my network skills are to low.. but, you should start by upgrading your router with the last Kong build, with updated drivers, much better wifi performance, and new bug fixes

http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-MVEBU/
bswortman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
I used the router database for mine. Now I want to install a Kong build. Do I need to start with the factory to dd-wrt img or can I just install directly over the old version?
armkreuz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I seems recommended to use factory to dd-wrt before installing Kong's, but I don't see why it wouldn't work straight to it, it's just an update from the same sources.

But to the 30/30/30 procedure to be sure nothing get mixed during update
bswortman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 0:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did a 30/30/30 reset on my WRT1900ACS and then installed the latest Kong build (25 March 2016) for the WRT1900ACS. After setting the router up again, I'm getting the same results. A couple of my devices with port forwarding and UPnP work and can be accessed from the WAN, and the rest don't work.

I unplugged the WRT1900ACS and replaced it with the old Netgear R7000 (stock firmware) and all of the port forwarding works again.

Any suggestions? I don't think it's the firmware, am I missing something in my setup?
bswortman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
After troubleshooting, port forwarding is working only if the external port is the same as the internal port. If I assign a different external port, it fails. Did I miss something? What do I do if internal port is 80?

UPnP still not fully working, about 33% success rate. Not sure what the failed devices have in common yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: