"EA6300V1" (Q87-EA6400) BCM4360

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
uisik34
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am stuck on kongac ddwrt and could not change firmware both via GUI or putty (sshd) Rolling Eyes
Sponsor
uisik34
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
It was so simple and want to write here to guide someone else in case If anybody face such stupid situation like me.

first mtd write on linux instead of linux2, then erase nvram and reboot
after reboot now mtd write on linux2 erase nvram and reboot...

Last edited by uisik34 on Wed Apr 27, 2016 15:06; edited 1 time in total
butterworth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
uisik34 wrote:
It was so simple and write here to guide someone else in case face stupid situation like me.

write linux instead linux2 first erase nvram reboot then write linux2 erase nvram and reboot..

I'm not sure your problems are going to be fixed. Your MAC addresses are showing a conflict where you've got the same IP address for your LAN MAC and Wireless MAC. You've got to reflash your CFE with corrected parameters, then clear the NVRAM again. Each interface requires its own MAC (unique identifier).

You posted:
Quote:
hw_mac_addr=A4:99:xx:xx:xx:89
et0macaddr=A4:99:xx:xx:xx:89
lan_hwaddr=A4:99:xx:xx:xx:89
1:macaddr=A4:99:xx:xx:xx:91
wl1_hwaddr=A4:99:xx:xx:xx:91
0:macaddr=A4:99:xx:xx:xx:89
wl0_hwaddr=A4:99:xx:xx:xx:89

But you should probably have the following (remember, these numbers are HEX numbers, and therefore don't follow a 8, 9, 10, 11 sequence)

Code:
1:macaddr=A4:99:xx:xx:xx:8D
wl1_hwaddr=A4:99:xx:xx:xx:8D
0:macaddr=A4:99:xx:xx:xx:8B
wl0_hwaddr=A4:99:xx:xx:xx:8B

Also, please post smaller pictures to keep the forum's page formatting from going all weird and wide.

Good luck!

D-Link DIR-825 B1 (DD-WRT r29396)
uisik34
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for your reponses, I could not reply the first time I saw.

Silent_Swift wrote:

Well, I can't give you any steps since I've lost my stock cfe and only learnt about the UUID_Key which I had discovered on the Koolshare cfe a year after I installed dd-wrt. Sorry.

However, I would assume that you would flash the stock Linksys cfe; after doing a nvram erase (Yes, you are able to boot DD-Wrt with it; but after 32kb nvram usage, the system would just go in a bootloop).

Okay I got it. In this context it is useless to set parameters in Xvortex cfe If we will not use Merlin. I guess It will be required to flash stock cfe on mtd0 and write -f linksys stock firmware without any issue.

Well, if your cfe only had 2 to change, then it should be fine. If DD-Wrt is booting and the status page shows the correct mac addresses; I wouldn't worry. Also check your bands ensuring 5G and 2G are on different mac addresses as this was a bug on the xVortex cfe, which is why I reference to using Koolshare instead (it also allows you to use the stock Linksys firmware if you input your UUID key into Koolshare parameters)

In fact I have seen 3 changing paramters on hacky version ddrwt which was containing WAN mac adress too and ends were 88 / 89 / 91 (wan / lan / wl0) but wl0 and wl1 should be diffeent than each other though I have seen like 89 / 91 (wl0 / wl1). As I remember 89 was also my Lan mac adress so i was confused Smile

Yep, this only need for Merlin firmware. Secret_Code is used in Merlin and so is the Wireless properties. The UUID_Key allows you to use stock firmware on Koolshare cfe.

I have noted it, okay.

Well if it's working, its fine Razz

It seems It is working but not sure about stability or performance problem though Smile

Just to be safe you can follow the firmware upgrade instructions and erase your nvram to make the settings back to stock.

Ok

Yep it's fine. I've experienced this quite a couple of times myself.

Ok

No need to reflash the cfe once you've correctly configured it as there's no need. And it's actually safer to use these Asus cfe modified versions as you have an recovery tool on startup incase you incorrectly flash a wrong firmware (which saved me from experiementing on a Asus build)

Can you tell me how to go to asustek mini web gui recovery interface or any recovery mode incase of bad firmware or unable to access to GUI or not responding ping to router?
I guess not responding router the only chance goes by serial or jtag on mainboard of router ?

If you want to clean install dd-wrt just follow the instructions that mandepsi has replied to.

mandepsi wrote:
@uisik34
run putty
1) Have sshd running on previous build
2) ssh root@192.168.1.1
3) # wget ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/...WHICH BUILD YOU LIKE.../linksys-ea6400/linksys-ea6400-webflash.bin
4) # mtd write linksys-ea6400-webflash.bin linux2
5) # mtd write linksys-ea6400-webflash.bin linux
6) # erase nvram
7) # reboot

and wait

Ok I knew it already but now I see the only fresh install is available by this way instead of going back to linksys stock fw.

uisik34
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 14:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
In fact I have seen 3 changing paramters on hacky version ddrwt which was containing WAN mac adress too and ends were 88 / 89 / 91 (wan / lan / wl0) but wl0 and wl1 should be different than each other though I have seen like 89 / 91 (wl0 / wl1). As I remember 89 was also my Lan mac adress so I was confused and edited cfe as described before.

Is there any channce to check that mac adresses again and how? Is it written on router box for example? I remember small sticker side of the box?

butterworth wrote:

I'm not sure your problems are going to be fixed. Your MAC addresses are showing a conflict where you've got the same IP address for your LAN MAC and Wireless MAC. You've got to reflash your CFE with corrected parameters, then clear the NVRAM again. Each interface requires its own MAC (unique identifier).

You posted:
Quote:
1:macaddr=A4:99:xx:xx:xx:91
wl1_hwaddr=A4:99:xx:xx:xx:91
0:macaddr=A4:99:xx:xx:xx:89
wl0_hwaddr=A4:99:xx:xx:xx:89

But you should probably have the following (remember, these numbers are HEX numbers, and therefore don't follow a 8, 9, 10, 11 sequence)

Code:
1:macaddr=A4:99:xx:xx:xx:8D
wl1_hwaddr=A4:99:xx:xx:xx:8D
0:macaddr=A4:99:xx:xx:xx:8B
wl0_hwaddr=A4:99:xx:xx:xx:8B

Also, please post smaller pictures to keep the forum's page formatting from going all weird and wide.

Okay I noted that though I thought my screenshots were small sized due to file size Smile

Good luck!

Thank you.
hnws
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
tomato has almost stock CTF performance.
Code:

------------------------------------------------------------
Client connecting to iperf3.speedtest.com.hk, TCP port 5001
TCP window size: 85.0 KByte (default)
[  3] local 192.168.1.160 port 24324 connected with 202.68.197.26 port 5001
[ ID] Interval       Transfer     Bandwidth
[  3]  0.0- 5.0 sec   363 MBytes   609 Mbits/sec
[  3]  5.0-10.0 sec   395 MBytes   662 Mbits/sec
[  3] 10.0-15.0 sec   405 MBytes   679 Mbits/sec
[  3] 15.0-20.0 sec   404 MBytes   677 Mbits/sec
[  3] 20.0-25.0 sec   400 MBytes   672 Mbits/sec
[  3] 25.0-30.0 sec   404 MBytes   677 Mbits/sec
[  3] 30.0-35.0 sec   394 MBytes   661 Mbits/sec
[  3] 35.0-40.0 sec   408 MBytes   685 Mbits/sec
[  3]  0.0-40.0 sec  3.10 GBytes   665 Mbits/sec
butterworth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
uisik34 wrote:
Is there any chance to check that mac addresses again and how? Is it written on router box for example? I remember small sticker side of the box?

Sure! Your original MAC (hw_mac_addr, et0, lan) is on the sticker on the bottom of your router, near the default SSID and password.

Silent_Swift
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
hnws wrote:
tomato has almost stock CTF performance.
Code:

Client connecting to iperf3.speedtest.com.hk, TCP port 5001
TCP window size: 85.0 KByte (default)
[  3] local 192.168.1.160 port 24324 connected with 202.68.197.26 port 5001
[ ID] Interval       Transfer     Bandwidth
[  3]  0.0- 5.0 sec   363 MBytes   609 Mbits/sec
[  3]  5.0-10.0 sec   395 MBytes   662 Mbits/sec
[  3] 10.0-15.0 sec   405 MBytes   679 Mbits/sec
[  3] 15.0-20.0 sec   404 MBytes   677 Mbits/sec
[  3] 20.0-25.0 sec   400 MBytes   672 Mbits/sec
[  3] 25.0-30.0 sec   404 MBytes   677 Mbits/sec
[  3] 30.0-35.0 sec   394 MBytes   661 Mbits/sec
[  3] 35.0-40.0 sec   408 MBytes   685 Mbits/sec
[  3]  0.0-40.0 sec  3.10 GBytes   665 Mbits/sec

Wow. This is great Very Happy . I might move from Merlin to Tomato then.

I didn't have a chance to test it out as I was busy over the weekend.

I just need to know whether the Wireless is stable. Hopefully, this should make me migrate over to Tomato. I do think the developer said the Advanced Tomato is possible, but I don't think that it will be coming out any time soon...

Seeing that the Chinese have been able to port Tomato, I guess we should ask the devs to help make this an official device to get updates from them themselves?

BT Infinity FTTC
BRAS PROFILE: 76.2MBPS DOWN / 20 MBPS UP

BT Smart Business Hub 6A - Modem and AP
Linksys EA6300v1 - Broadcom DD-WRT v3.0-r36104 std
BT HomeHub 5A - Wireless AP Extender
BT Openreach Modem ECI - Unlocked OpenWrt 15.05
uisik34
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
butterworth wrote:
uisik34 wrote:
Is there any chance to check that mac addresses again and how? Is it written on router box for example? I remember small sticker side of the box?

Sure! Your original MAC (hw_mac_addr, et0, lan) is on the sticker on the bottom of your router, near the default SSID and password.

Yes I have checked the same sticker label on box side and same on bottom of router. Mac address ends suprisingly diferent than any MAC address I have see on hacky build ddwrt GUI, I mean all begin digits are same but end is different than any MAC endings on ddwrt GUI Shocked

P.S I edited CFE accordingly and reflashed on mtd0 and wrote image on both linux2 and linux partition.
hnws
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Silent_Swift wrote:

I didn't have a chance to test it out as I was busy over the weekend.

I just need to know whether the Wireless is stable. Hopefully, this should make me migrate over to Tomato. I do think the developer said the Advanced Tomato is possible, but I don't think that it will be coming out any time soon...

Seeing that the Chinese have been able to port Tomato, I guess we should ask the devs to help make this an official device to get updates from them themselves?

wireless looks quite stable. I have three days uptime till now. No issues as AP+Router.
uisik34
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
hnws wrote:
Silent_Swift wrote:

wireless looks quite stable. I have three days uptime till now. No issues as AP+Router.

Hey there,

Can I go to Tomato Shibby firmware while we are on ddwrt? Should I go stock cfe then original linksys firmware then tomato?

1. Is it same like "mtd -f write tomatoxxx.trx linux2"
2. Is It a must to flash edited xvortex cfe on mtd0 to use it or can we stay to use edited koolshare cfe?

I want to try tomato If wireless AC stable and speed faster than wireless n? because my current ddwrt speed test 2.4ghz band ping and speed rates better than 5ghz ac radio frequency! not so big difference but 2.4 is slightly fasted than 5.
hnws
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
uisik34 wrote:

Hey there,

Can I go to Tomato Shibby firmware while we are on ddwrt? Should I go stock cfe then original linksys firmware then tomato?

I installed directly through miniweb (provided by the asus cfe)
In the chinese website, it says that tomato could be flashed directly on stock and vice vesa. The assumption here is that cfe got already replaced.
uisik34 wrote:

2. Is It a must to flash edited xvortex cfe on mtd0 to use it or can we stay to use edited koolshare cfe?

I use koolshare cfe.
uisik34 wrote:

I want to try tomato If wireless AC stable and speed faster than wireless n? because my current ddwrt speed test 2.4ghz band ping and speed rates better than 5ghz ac radio frequency! not so big difference but 2.4 is slightly fasted than 5.

The below result is using 5Ghz wifi.
butterworth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
uisik34 wrote:
Mac address ends suprisingly diferent than any MAC address I have see on hacky build ddwrt GUI, I mean all begin digits are same but end is different than any MAC endings on ddwrt GUI Shocked

Um... The MAC address on the sticker on your router is supposed to be different - it's a unique name, [ideally] different from any other router or networked device interface in the world. The "begin" digits (first 4-6 or so?) act as a manufacturer identifier; the last several are unique. The numbers you see on the internet for the last few digits from other people or DD-WRT install instructions are examples only. You're supposed to replace these with your own unique numbers.

This is sort of one of the prerequisites or fundamental bits of understanding you should have before experimenting with your router's firmware.

Good luck!

uisik34
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
butterworth wrote:
uisik34 wrote:
Mac address ends suprisingly diferent than any MAC address I have see on hacky build ddwrt GUI, I mean all begin digits are same but end is different than any MAC endings on ddwrt GUI Shocked

The numbers you see on the internet for the last few digits from other people or DD-WRT install instructions are examples only. You're supposed to replace these with your own unique numbers.

Good luck!

Yeah I knew this already Smile I put mine though I was bit confused. Thank you for kind explanations was very instructive indeed.
Silent_Swift
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
uisik34 wrote:
hnws wrote:
Silent_Swift wrote:

Hey there,

1. Is it same like "mtd -f write tomatoxxx.trx linux2"

As far as I am aware, the Koolshare cfe is fine.

Just do the mtd -f write tomatoxxx.trx linux2 and then mtd -f write tomatoxxx.trx linux and then nvram erase and your done.

(This is if your on the koolshare cfe already)

If your on Linksys CFE, just flash the Koolshare cfe or else you'll have problems (bootloops etc). And DO NOT ERASE NVRAM on Stock CFE. There has been lots of problems with routers bricking on stock cfe due to an 30/30/30.

Moved from Merlin to Tomato over here and quite stable on the Wireless side. Everything is working perfectly Wink

Though my setup is Router (Linksys) to Router (ISP one), where I expand my upstairs coverage by using a long ethernet cable to the WAN port of the ISP router. It somehow got 10M Full, which really limited my speeds.

However, plugging it into port 2 somehow made this back to 1000M Full and port 1 is also fixed. Maybe, this was a glitch with the ISP router.

BT Infinity FTTC
BRAS PROFILE: 76.2MBPS DOWN / 20 MBPS UP

BT Smart Business Hub 6A - Modem and AP
Linksys EA6300v1 - Broadcom DD-WRT v3.0-r36104 std
BT HomeHub 5A - Wireless AP Extender
BT Openreach Modem ECI - Unlocked OpenWrt 15.05
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 97, 98, 99  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 76 of 99
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: