Excessive DHCP Log traffic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Brewder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:22    Post subject: Excessive DHCP Log traffic Reply with quote
Hello - just switched from a BS build to Kong and am noticting non-stop DHCPREQUEST/DHCPACK requests for my devices every single minute.

Seems like my DHCP devices are requesting renewals every 60 seconds for some reasons?

I have my lease time set for 11520 (8 days). Have I exceeded a limit or something?

//Brew
Sponsor
Brewder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Think I answered my own question... I had STATIC leases setup for the machines I was seeing in the log... and I set the renewal time at 0 minutes for those. (Assuming it would imply "forever").

I updated those static leases to 11520 and now all is well. DoH! Smile

//Brew
Yemble
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Brewder wrote:
Think I answered my own question... I had STATIC leases setup for the machines I was seeing in the log... and I set the renewal time at 0 minutes for those. (Assuming it would imply "forever").

I updated those static leases to 11520 and now all is well. DoH! Smile

//Brew

I believe that you have tripped over one of DD-WRT's "rough edges" Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: