TP-Link TL-WA854RE Rev. V1 (Unofficial Support)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

For development of a build specifically for this device, DD-WRT team needs one in hands, so what's better ?
We donate money so they could buy a device themselves.
73%
 73%  [ 30 ]
Donate a repeater ( if someone has one that get's dust).
26%
 26%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 41

fsales
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
VSparxx let me know if the donation thing goes on
Sponsor
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
fsales wrote:
Hi,

First of all, thank you for the great work here. Even though I am facing some trouble, the original firmware was problematic by itself and I don't think that TP-Link would ever do anything about it.
I want to say that I voted for donation and I am available to help getting a device to the team.

As far as the problems I'm facing.. I am having the same issues as ms182, the connection works fine in the first 1/2 min then, there is no internet, everything has static configurations and I have tried multiple different setups, but anything seems to make the deal. I am running build 29308.

If anyone finds a solution for this, please let me know. Also, if the donation thing is up, let me know, I will participate.

Thanks

OK, so basically you and ms182 are the only two persons facing this problem, for the rest of us it's working very good...that means it must be something related with you doing something wrong.
And again as I wrote to ms182 previously, it would help to see some screenshots of your main router wireless config and repeater ones, as nobody can help you without info on your specific setup.

As for the donation, we need some more active guys on this forum thread willing to donate, and somebody who can buy the device and send it to DD-WRT team, previously i was able to buy it but not anymore.
fsales
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I am attaching everything I have on wireless settings on both main router (Huawei HG8247H) and the repeater.
fsales
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
The rest of the screen shots
fsales
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
VSparxx, I am sure its something I am doing wrong, I just don't get what, and I know there are people out there, like yourself, who can much easily figure it out.

Thank you!
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
fsales wrote:
Hi, I am attaching everything I have on wireless settings on both main router (Huawei HG8247H) and the repeater.

On main router:
Change the channel from auto to a static channel, you can try channel 9 or 11.
Authentication mode, if there is available only WPA2 PSK in settings then put it, otherwise let it like it's now.
Encription mode, here you need to use AES only, Tkip is old and insecure this is first, and the second DDWRT repeater mode doesn't work with TKIP.
fsales
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
VSparxx wrote:
fsales wrote:

On main router:
Authentication mode, if there is available only WPA2 PSK in settings then put it, otherwise let it like it's now.
Encription mode, here you need to use AES only, Tkip is old and insecure this is first, and the second DDWRT repeater mode doesn't work with TKIP.

It didn't do it yet.. same thing happens.. works good for 1 to 3 min, then no internet.
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
fsales wrote:
VSparxx wrote:
fsales wrote:

On main router:

It didn't do it yet.. same thing happens.. works good for 1 to 3 min, then no internet.

Try to put on repeater from 20/40 to 40HT only, and reboot the repeater after each change you make, as to be sure it's working with new parameters, reboot main router also.
fsales
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
VSparxx wrote:
fsales wrote:
VSparxx wrote:
fsales wrote:

On main router:

Try to put on repeater from 20/40 to 40HT only, and reboot the repeater after each change you make, as to be sure it's working with new parameters, reboot main router also.

I have tried that, I have also tried Wireless network mode to NG-Mixed and N-only, but the same thing happens...
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
fsales wrote:
VSparxx wrote:
fsales wrote:
VSparxx wrote:
fsales wrote:

On main router:

I have tried that, I have also tried Wireless network mode to NG-Mixed and N-only, but the same thing happens...

Ok..as a workaround you can put your repeater in client only mode, this way it will work for sure, but it will create a new network on a different range of ip-s, if this is not a problem for you then you better use client mode, as repeater is not the best way to extend a wireless range, it's flawed and has many downsides, a true repeater is WDS, but there you need identical hardware on both sides.
I will write later a tutorial for Client mode as now I don't have the time.
Also you can write in this http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=47708 thread, as it's focused only on repeater mode for Atheros, maybe somebody has a better idea there.
fsales
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 18:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks so much VSparxx, I will look at the topic and I will spend some time trying to get this going. If I find a solution I will post it back here, so people like me have something to work with.

thanks
fsales
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
VSparxx wrote:
fsales wrote:
VSparxx wrote:
fsales wrote:
VSparxx wrote:
fsales wrote:

On main router:

Ok..as a workaround you can put your repeater in client only mode, this way it will work for sure, but it will create a new network on a different range of ip-s, if this is not a problem for you then you better use client mode, as repeater is not the best way to extend a wireless range, it's flawed and has many downsides, a true repeater is WDS, but there you need identical hardware on both sides.
I will write later a tutorial for Client mode as now I don't have the time.
Also you can write in this http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=47708 thread, as it's focused only on repeater mode for Atheros, maybe somebody has a better idea there.

VSparxx you were right, client only mode works as a charm, for me it doesnt matter much since I just want internet access, I dont really care about extending the same network.
Thank you so much!
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
fsales wrote:

VSparxx you were right, client only mode works as a charm, for me it doesnt matter much since I just want internet access, I dont really care about extending the same network.
Thank you so much!

You're welcome, because of the particularities of a "simulated" repeater ( not a true one, like WDS) the repeater mode can be very problematic for some, due to different minor inconsistencies in router firmwares, but client mode on the other hand, just connects to the main router as any other wireless capable device would, that's why Client mode will work and is the best method to extend a wireless network coverage.
Now if someone needs a wide wireless area, then it would be smart to not just blindly buy equipment, but invest a bit of effort and time and do a bit of research, then buy some adequate equipment that is WDS capable, it's a bit pricier but it will work for years, where some cheap routers will just work in a forced way.
DR_41cx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

First of all, thank you for the great work here. This is my first post, forgive me if this has been asked before. I upgraded my TP-Link TL-WA854RE V1 over the weekend following your instructions and is working great. I did notice that the time, top right corner of the screen, is not working properly, I changed the NTP to several ones and also disable it, but did not work. I read in another forum of using the IP address, but haven't try it. Any suggestions?

Thank you.
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
DR_41cx wrote:
Hi,

First of all, thank you for the great work here. This is my first post, forgive me if this has been asked before. I upgraded my TP-Link TL-WA854RE V1 over the weekend following your instructions and is working great. I did notice that the time, top right corner of the screen, is not working properly, I changed the NTP to several ones and also disable it, but did not work. I read in another forum of using the IP address, but haven't try it. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

IDK...for me it's working, do you press apply when making changes ?
After you hit Apply button the repeater reboots, wireless SSID disappears for approx. 30 seconds, is it like this for you ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 13
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: