OpenVPN Linksys WRT1900ACS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
j0n@R
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:18    Post subject: OpenVPN Linksys WRT1900ACS Reply with quote
Hi I was able to flash my linksys wrt1900acs 1.6G CPU with version 3.0 28788 and was able to successfully setup openvpn to connect to privateinternetaccess, using my computer my speed goes up to 90MB UP/DOWN but with my router it only goes up to 8MB UP/DOWN and I also noticed that my router's CPU load is at 1% to a maximum of 5% only also RAM stays at 98% free.

Is there any other configuration I have to look at for it to work properly.

Thanks
Sponsor
mrengles
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Use this image you might have better performance.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/03-02-2016-r29193/linksys-wrt1900acs/factory-to-ddwrt.img
j0n@R
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys still cant get my CPU higher than 2% and RAM still has 98% free even with the new firmware, is there anything else i can modify on my router.

Thanks
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess you did the test via wireless. The 1200AC with 1.3Ghz is able to provide 80Mbps, thus the 1900ACS shoud give you at least 90Mbps. But current BrainSlayer builds do not provide any good wireless speeds. Thus test using a cable connected client.
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
I guess you did the test via wireless. The 1200AC with 1.3Ghz is able to provide 80Mbps, thus the 1900ACS shoud give you at least 90Mbps. But current BrainSlayer builds do not provide any good wireless speeds. Thus test using a cable connected client.

Thanks for replying Kong, i have a unit connected to the ACS via wired and another on wireless the speedtest results on both machine does vary but not more than an MB, i am thinking of resetting the router back to stock then re-applying another updated firmware. Will post back an update. I was also wondering if there's any ACS user around having the same issue.

Thanks!
kudzero
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
j0n@R wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

Thanks for replying Kong, i have a unit connected to the ACS via wired and another on wireless the speedtest results on both machine does vary but not more than an MB, i am thinking of resetting the router back to stock then re-applying another updated firmware. Will post back an update. I was also wondering if there's any ACS user around having the same issue.

Thanks!

I am having the same issue as you, please let me know what build you flashed if you managed to get it set up.

I took back my R8000 in exchange for this router, because it had the open FW support. I had ovpn working on Kongs feb build for R8000 but after the March update the ovpn stopped working for me. Now I'm thinking I should give Asus a try just to see if I can get this to work..
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
The 1200AC in my tests manages to provide 80Mbps (aes-256-cbc) through openvpn tunnel, since the ACS runs at 1600Mhz compared to 1333 (1200AC) it should do around 90Mbps if correctly setup.
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
The 1200AC in my tests manages to provide 80Mbps (aes-256-cbc) through openvpn tunnel, since the ACS runs at 1600Mhz compared to 1333 (1200AC) it should do around 90Mbps if correctly setup.

Thanks for the reply, my vpn provider has 3 way to configure ovpn for ddwrt here's the link https://torguard.net/knowledgebase.php?action=displaycat&catid=55

My question is, what is the best way to configure the current ddwrt builds, and is there a particular build you'd reccomend?

Sorry for the noob questions...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: