YAMon 3.0... Usage Reporting by device per hr/day/mo

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 149, 150, 151  Next
cohassetsteve
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
cohassetsteve wrote:
root@DD-WRT:~# iptables -L YAMONv4 -vnx | egrep '^\s{1,}[1-9]'
root@DD-WRT:~#

what do you if you remove the caret (^) - e.g.,
iptables -L YAMONv4 -vnx | grep '\s\{1,\}[1-9]
(In theory it should be similar, if not identical to what you get from
iptables -L YAMONv4 -vnx

Al

Same result
root@DD-WRT:~# iptables -L YAMONv4 -vnx | grep '\s\{1,\}[1-9]'
Sponsor
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
cohassetsteve wrote:

Please run install.sh again... it will download YAMon 3.0.12 which removes the grep call that seems to be failing on your router.

Hopefully this'll get the data flowing (but I'm afraid there might be other greps that'll cause problems)...

please let me know if this helps.

Al
cohassetsteve
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
cohassetsteve wrote:

Please run install.sh again... it will download YAMon 3.0.12 which removes the grep call that seems to be failing on your router.

Hopefully this'll get the data flowing (but I'm afraid there might be other greps that'll cause problems)...

Al

I reinstalled the new version xx.12 and I now see activity in the "live data" tab. I'm going to bed but I will check it in the morning and let you know what I see. Thanks for your efforts.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
cohassetsteve wrote:
al_c wrote:
cohassetsteve wrote:

Al

I reinstalled the new version xx.12 and I now see activity in the "live data" tab. I'm going to bed but I will check it in the morning and let you know what I see. Thanks for your efforts.
fingers crossed
cohassetsteve
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
cohassetsteve wrote:
al_c wrote:
cohassetsteve wrote:

Al

fingers crossed

I glanced at the other tabs and they were populated with numbers - maybe we've got it! I'll check 'em closer in the morning but first glance I'd say we have a winner!
kramanonline
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:18    Post subject: Yamon3 - data not getting generated. Reply with quote
Al,

Finally Yamon 3.0.12 works like a charm.. I guess removal of Grep call did the trick.. Awesome. Great work Al!

Data is now getting generated on all other tabs as well. Thanks a ton again.

Summary Report.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.63 KB
 Viewed:  6626 Time(s)

Summary Report.png

al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 14:15    Post subject: Re: Yamon3 - data not getting generated. Reply with quote
kramanonline wrote:
Al,

Finally Yamon 3.0.12 works like a charm.. I guess removal of Grep call did the trick.. Awesome. Great work Al!

Data is now getting generated on all other tabs as well. Thanks a ton again.

This sort of subtle firmware difference is virtually impossible to predict & very hard to fix because usually I can't replicate the issue(s) on my routers (if I could, I would've already caught the error 😵).

In those circumstances, I am dependent upon your (& Zach, Steve, etc.)'s assistance & patience to help me track things down - so thank you too!

Al
cohassetsteve
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
This may be a dumb question but here goes. I have been running the v2 script for about a month now and have my devices and groups set up so they have meaningful names. Can I copy the _dbkey in the v2 config.file and paste it into the v3 config.file? or copy the users.js file from v2 and copy it into the v3 data folder? or something different?
Lazy in Cohasset
cohassetsteve
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I get this message at the ssh session in which I launched YAMon3. It didn't appear immediately but some time overnight.

root@DD-WRT:/opt# tar: removing leading '/' from member names
tar: : No such file or directory
tar: error exit delayed from previous errors

PND: ........

Hourly: ................................

root@DD-WRT:/opt#
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="cohassetsteve"]This may be a dumb question but here goes. I have been running the v2 script for about a month now and have my devices and groups set up so they have meaningful names. Can I copy the _dbkey in the v2 config.file and paste it into the v3 config.file? or copy the users.js file from v2 and copy it into the v3 data folder? or something different?
Lazy in Cohasset[/quote

Steve - yes & yes.

You can copy your db key from your v2 config.file in to v3.

You can also copy your users.js from /YAMon2/data into /YAMon3/data... NB you must stop the script before doing this though!

Al
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
cohassetsteve wrote:
I get this message at the ssh session in which I launched YAMon3. It didn't appear immediately but some time overnight.

Yeah... that happens just after midnight during the daily backup process... I get it too. You should check but AFAIK, the BU gets created and you only see the message if the ssh/cmd window is open.

I really should fix that one day...

Al
cohassetsteve
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
cohassetsteve wrote:

Yeah... that happens just after midnight during the daily backup process... I get it too. You should check but AFAIK, the BU gets created and you only see the message if the ssh/cmd window is open.

I really should fix that one day...

Al

I sorta figured it was from the backup process - thanks for the answer. It doesn't bother me but I thought I should mention it. It (V3) seems to working properly now, Thanks again for the fine script!

(SVN revision 20180)
Stephen304
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 0:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just ran into an issue with Yamon - I started using ethernet in addition to wifi, and the devices are named the same (since it's the same hostname over wifi and ethernet), but when Yamon writes the hourly file, it adds (dup) as the value and that breaks the gui:

Code:

hu({"mac":"86:e3:83:1d:c6:81","hour":"19","down":1931614,"up":368229})     
hu({"mac":"8e:5d:46:fb:c0:60","hour":"(dup)","down":(dup),"up":(dup)})     
hu({"mac":"86:e3:83:1d:c6:81","hour":"20","down":81366,"up":7094})

Code:

Error #4 reading the hourly data file: `data3/2016/03/2016-03-29-hourly_data.js` ReferenceError: dup is not defined

Any ideas why it might be doing this? So far I am deleting the offending lines to correct it, but it very quickly breaks again, rendering Yamon useless.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stephen304 wrote:
I just ran into an issue with Yamon - I started using ethernet in addition to wifi, and the devices are named the same (since it's the same hostname over wifi and ethernet), but when Yamon writes the hourly file, it adds (dup) as the value and that breaks the gui:

Code:

hu({"mac":"86:e3:83:1d:c6:81","hour":"19","down":1931614,"up":368229})     
hu({"mac":"8e:5d:46:fb:c0:60","hour":"(dup)","down":(dup),"up":(dup)})     
hu({"mac":"86:e3:83:1d:c6:81","hour":"20","down":81366,"up":7094})

Code:

Error #4 reading the hourly data file: `data3/2016/03/2016-03-29-hourly_data.js` ReferenceError: dup is not defined

Any ideas why it might be doing this? So far I am deleting the offending lines to correct it, but it very quickly breaks again, rendering Yamon useless.

Yikes... that is not supposed to happen! Is anyone else seeing this?

Can you send your log file (and your data directory too)? Send that via PM or to questions@usage-monitoring.com

Do the devices have the same mac address over Wifi & ethernet? I'd be surprised if that was the case but that should not cause the (dup) entries??? and I have *no* clue how hour & traffic data are getting the (dup) values ?!?

Thanks!

Al
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Using version 12 and ?dev, no dup's here.
Then again I'm not switching a unit between wifi and wired either.

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 149, 150, 151  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 15 of 151
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: