WRT1200AC and RDP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
fredbear7232
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:48    Post subject: WRT1200AC and RDP Reply with quote
First time poster so sorry if I missed something...

I'm running the v3.0 build 28788 (beta) version so I'm assuming we're trying to collect info to make this better.. I'm hoping I can get some insight though. Trying to RDP into my windows server 2012r2 machine from my windows 10 machine. Both are hard-wired to the router. It's telling me Remote desktop can not connect to the machine. Now this worked for me prior to flashing to DD-WRT, actually about 30 minutes or so before hand. (I wanted to make sure all was well with my server before I flashed) Once I flashed, no connection. I tried putting a port forward using some ubiquitous port settings I've found in different forum posts here (some dating back to 2009) to no avail. Any other thoughts to what I should try? I can ping by ip, and by hostname (albeit the hostname ping returns ipv6 but I digress). I'm at a loss here. I've used dd-wrt on my wrt54g with great results. Even this firmware flash helped fix issues I've been having with the new router (slowwwwww ass wireless speeds). Let me know if I need to supply any other info to help rectify this. Thanks in advance!!
Sponsor
Yemble
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:03    Post subject: Re: WRT1200AC and RDP Reply with quote
fredbear7232 wrote:

I'm running the v3.0 build 28788 (beta) version so I'm assuming we're trying to collect info to make this better.. I'm hoping I can get some insight though. Trying to RDP into my windows server 2012r2 machine from my windows 10 machine. Both are hard-wired to the router. It's telling me Remote desktop can not connect to the machine. Now this worked for me prior to flashing to DD-WRT, actually about 30 minutes or so before hand. (I wanted to make sure all was well with my server before I flashed) Once I flashed, no connection. I tried putting a port forward using some ubiquitous port settings I've found in different forum posts here (some dating back to 2009) to no avail. Any other thoughts to what I should try? I can ping by ip, and by hostname (albeit the hostname ping returns ipv6 but I digress). I'm at a loss here. I've used dd-wrt on my wrt54g with great results. Even this firmware flash helped fix issues I've been having with the new router (slowwwwww ass wireless speeds). Let me know if I need to supply any other info to help rectify this. Thanks in advance!!

TeamViewer 11 works on my LAN between Windows 10 and Android devices. It also works to remote Windows 10 devices over the WAN. WRT1900AC v1 running recent BS F/W.
Brewder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:13    Post subject: Re: WRT1200AC and RDP Reply with quote
fredbear7232 wrote:

So both devices are on the same subnet? If so, the routing function in DD-WRT should never be activated. It's being used as a switch at this point.

I would verify you have ALL of your subnet masks defined properly.

I have this exact setup at home. I have a Win2k12 domain network in my home and a WRT1900AC running DD-WRT routing to the Internet. Never had an issue with RDP.

//Brew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: