Tp-Link Archer C7 v2 impossible to debrick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
datoneer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 14:41    Post subject: Tp-Link Archer C7 v2 impossible to debrick Reply with quote
Hello, i'm trying to debrick my tp-link archer c7 v2. I'm using tumpa lite and tried to debrick with zjtag but the chip cannot be recognized.

I've also tried with usb to serial using putty and tftp32 but even this is not working.

In tftp32 should ask the file name ArcherC7v2_tp_recovery.bin, but it doesn't.

Instead is showing file name 6F01A8C0.img

What i tried is to rename my ArcherC7v2_tp_recovery.bin to 6F01A8C0.img and yes i did that and flashing is working but it always stops between 80% and 90%, it never goes to 100%.

But you will probably laugh out loud now. Very Happy

The reason that is not showing the correct file name is that i actually uploaded the firmware from a different tp-link model, i think it was WR1043ND. LOL.

Yes i did that, i have no idea why... Shocked

And what funny thing is, i cannot access router web gui (neither tp link or ddwrt), but when i connect it to my modem i have internet connection and i can use internet normally lol. Surprised

Please be honest with me, and tell me is it still possible to recover it (my last hope is cfe.bin if someone has it) or i have to buy a new router.

Thanks
Sponsor
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
try serial recovery (kermit way)
something similar to this http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=290903

and this Smile but the procedure is the same
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=288167

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
datoneer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks i will try this but first i will have to solder these headers again on my router. Very Happy
thiagotgc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
datoneer wrote:
Thanks i will try this but first i will have to solder these headers again on my router. Very Happy

Please post a picture of how you have to solder the pins, and operate the USB Serial TTL
datoneer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sure i will no problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: