DD-WRT interface not correctly saving values to NVRAM?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
aluisperezh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 13:59    Post subject: DD-WRT interface not correctly saving values to NVRAM? Reply with quote
As I said in another thread, I have a problem with my WRT1900AC v1 when connecting with PPPoE to my ISP (vlan 6). I need to issue the following commands at startup to start my Internet connection:

Code:

killall pppd;
sed -i s/nic-eth1/nic-eth1.6/g /tmp/ppp/options.pppoe;
pppd file /tmp/ppp/options.pppoe;

Investigating this I've found that these commands only change "eth1" for "eth1.6" in the options.pppoe file and restart the pppd daemon.

So, I thougth it should be as easy as changing my wan interface from eth1 to eth1.6 and so I did. But it seems that this change doesn't get saved, and that's why the startup commands are needed.

Is this a bug with the web interface? Is there anything else I should be doing?

I've found that other people are having issues like this when Internet is tagged, but the only solution seems some commands like those above or changing NVRAM every time the router is started. It seems that this happens some other times when the value to be saved in NVRAM includes some "special" character.

Anybody?

Regards.
Sponsor
aluisperezh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've found that what I need is easy to do if your Internet VLAN is vlan 7: just activate "T-Home VLAN 7 support" in Basic config page. But I can't find a way to use any other VLAN. Is there anything I'm missing here?
aluisperezh
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just for reference for me and for anyone else looking for Movistar (or any other VLAN Internet provider).

The only way I've found to save the VLAN configuration needed for PPPoE in these cases is throguh these commands:

Code:
nvram set pppoe_wan_ifname=eth1.6
nvram commit

They must be executed only once, so you don't need to save them in the startup script. Once saved, the right values will be written to /tmp/ppp/options.pppoe and every time the router boots (or needs to reconnect) the PPPoE connection will be correctly established.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: