TP-LINK TL-WR940N FIRMWARE HEADER PROBLEM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
streak22
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 18:15    Post subject: TP-LINK TL-WR940N FIRMWARE HEADER PROBLEM Reply with quote
Hello. I have the router
TP-LINK TL-WR940N ver 2.1
FFC ID: TE7WR941NXV5

I try to upload the dd-wrt firmware to the router by web interface and always get an error. I investigate and i asume that is because i had the ultimate router firmware that check the header in the se tion 0x00 and at 0x20200. I verify this and its true. the hexdump command confirm this. (source: https://github.com/xdarklight/mktplinkfw3/blob/master/README.md)

But i cant patch the factory-to-ddwrt.bin to get worked. (I patch it with the firm sign but when i look to put the second in the factory-to-ddwrt.bin file has not place and i think that i will do disaster)

Can someone give me a version of the factory-to-ddwrt.bin patched for my version of the router or maybe a WW version? that i can upload to the web interface, pass the validation and permite me to put the factory-to-ddwrt.bin without the check??

Thank you in advance!
Sponsor
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 22:52    Post subject: Re: TP-LINK TL-WR940N FIRMWARE HEADER PROBLEM Reply with quote
streak22 wrote:

I try to upload the dd-wrt firmware to the router by web interface and always get an error. I investigate and i asume that is because i had the ultimate router firmware that check the header in the se tion 0x00 and at 0x20200. I verify this and its true. the hexdump command confirm this. (source: https://github.com/xdarklight/mktplinkfw3/blob/master/README.md)

What are you running hexdump on?
Provide a pointer to where stock firmware can be downloaded, a stock firmware that you know can be flashed onto your version of WR940N.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 0:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
i am successfully flashing with this firmware of TP-LINK:
_wr940ndv2_wr941ndv5_en_3_16_9_up_boot(150311).bin

With that firmware installed i try to install this firmware: http://www.dd-wrt.com/routerdb/de/download/TP-Link/TL-WR941N(D)/v1.x%20/%20v2.x%20/%20v3.x/factory-to-ddwrt.bin/4188

And i cant. I run hexdump on the "_wr940ndv2_wr941ndv5_en_3_16_9_up_boot(150311).bin" formware, detect the header 0-200 and 0x20200-0x20400

(I attach the tp-link firmware)

do you know how to insert the 2 headers in the dd-wrt firmware without getting the router brick? Or maybe a firmware that has the 2 header that installed dont verify anymore that information when i try to install the dd-wrt firmware?

Thank you very much
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 0:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Your WR940Nv2 = WR941NDv5 so you can not flash a ddwrt firmware for a WR941ND v1/v2/v3 onto it.

The file attached in this post will work:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=986621#986621

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Man,

YOU ARE MY FUCKING HERO.

Smile Smile

I was able to do it.

Thank you very much. I apply the firmware that some one fix it with the corect header and then reflashed with the las version of the dd-wrt for the router that they say that it was compatible.

I would like to know how the person make that flash with the hacked header. I will ask him.

Thank you very much. Again. You are my hero for today! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: