Cheapest DDWRT gigabit router?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers
jayjr1105
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 22:58    Post subject: Cheapest DDWRT gigabit router? Reply with quote
I think my TP Link WDR3600 might be dying. Needing to reboot more and more often to fix bad wifi.

I used and abused it for 4 years so it might be time anyway.

Need suggestions on a replacement. Needs to be gigabit and obviously DD-WRT compatible. AC wireless would be nice but not completely necessary.
Sponsor
mwbuss8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
D-link dir-862l new-open box on eBay... It goes from ac1600 to ac1750 on dd-wrt. It uses the same internals as the tp-link c7 and is regularly available for ~$30-40, and sometimes cheaper if you're patient.

If you want a more powerful SoC and a usb3 port, the netgear ac1450 shows up refurbished from time to time for ~$60 on sites like newegg. I've had one for about a month now. I wasn't sure about buying into broadcom, as I've been quite happy with atheros, but all is well so far. Wireless settings are just a bit different. It is also nerfed in the stock firmware and becomes ac1750 on dd-wrt. It has a dual core 800mhz arm processor.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: