WN2000RPTv2 support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Since WN2000RPTv2 = WNR2000v3 - WAN port, the webflash build r26446 is the first one since r18777 to fit the 4MB flash of these routers:
​ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/03-05-2015-r26446/netgear-wnr2000v3/

For your reference, here are the concerned tickets, now closed as fixed:
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/2945
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/4020

Sponsor
casthle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks.
I updated my WN2000RPTv2 via the webinterface and it seems to work perfectly.
I kept all settings, so did not even have to reconfigure anything.
A 1 minute upgrade Smile
q8wii
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 15:45    Post subject: Re: WN2000RPTv2 support Reply with quote
mithrand wrote:
Hi,

I just got my hands on an older Netgear wn2000rptv2. If I compare the hardware of this device to the normal wnr2000v3, they seem to be the same (except a missing wan port). More information can also be found on the openwrt wiki.

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/netgear/wnr2000#netgear.wn2000rpt

The wnr2000v3 should be the same as the wn2000rptv2. Same goes for wnr2000v0 and wn2000rptv1.

I wonder if it is possible to run ddwrt on this device, especially since there are a lot of users encountering issues with the stock firmware.

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=57989

If there is a way a firmware for this device could be generated? Then I would be happy to test this.

I compiled custom kernel modules for ddwrt before, so if there are instructions in how i can build an image somewhere, that also could be an option.

Thank YOU
Jack London
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
hello,

my WN2000RPTv2 is not responding to the tftp put command. light is flashing green, after reboot reset orange. I am running Windows 8.1 x64, added the tftp via add windows components. Is there anything else i have to do to be able to run the tftp transfer? Running tftp for the first time. Deactivated all other network interfaces and shut down Bitdefender. Ping 192.168.1.1 is also not working. Card is set to 192.168.1.2
Tried to flash the ww version from ​ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/03-05-2015-r26446/netgear-wnr2000v3/

Edit: Solved the Problem the trick was not to wait 10 sec to plug in the cable. let go of the reset button hit enter to transfer. works like a sharm running Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r27456 (06/27/15). I flash the old version first and than apllied the update.
alvertosk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:36    Post subject: Re: Running DD-WRT on wn2000rptv2 Reply with quote
So I did what my friend wrote the post above me and the tftp did send the file BUT the damn thing didnt reboot it just takes the file (while uploading the flashing stops and the green led stays on...) but it stays in tftp mode . No reset. Nothing at all. So I did a reset and it remains with its old
firmware. Any ideas or suggestions? (burning it with fire is not an option....)

I appreciate any help and apologize in advance for annoying anybody Thanks!
giopeco88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi everybody!

I've tryed different firmware builts (1877, 25697, beta 26446, beta 29002) flashing with TFTP with no errors.
try to upgrade in the web-interface nothing happens!

I've another problem: I connect a cable from router to a lan port of wr2000 and if I connect via wifi i get an ip (given by the remote dhcp), but if i connect from another lan port i can't get an ip!

any ideas? thanks a lot!

Edit: solved the problem of DHCP on lan ports: you have to set in basic setup in the section "Network Address Server Settings (DHCP)":
"DHCP server" disabled
"DHCP forwarder" set your external router DHCP

and it works!!
giopeco88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eureca!

How to istall last beta r29002 (DD-WRT v3.0-r29002 std)

You need some files before starting:

wnr2000v3-factory_WW.img version r18777 here

wnr2000v3-webflash.bin version r29002 here

Set a static ip 192.168.1.x and gatway 192.168.1.1

Connect your computer to the router via an Ethernet cable, use one of the lan ports.

Unplug power cord, hold and keep pressed the "Restore Factory Setting" button, and plug the powercord in.

Wait till the network starts:

open the command prompt, cd into the directory with the downloaded files, and run this command:

Code:
tftp -i 192.168.1.1 PUT wnr2000v3-factory_WW.img

The router should automatically start to reboot. Let it sit until it’s powered up.

Wait till the network starts and browse 192.168.1.1

Define a username/password, if the web-interface don't ask you to define, go to Administration-->Factory Defaults, select yes and apply. Wait the restart.

Define a username/password and go to Administration-->Firmware upgrade.
Choose "After Flashing, reset to": Reset to default settings.
Now browse for the wnr2000v3-webflash.bin and flash that one.

We have done, again define a username/password.

Some configuration settings:

- disable WAN port
- In "Router IP" set SM, Gateway and DNS
- In "Network Address Server Settings (DHCP)"
-->"DHCP Server" set disable
-->"DHCP Forwarder" set your external DHCP Server
- Set your timezone, and Server IP/Name (ex. 0.europe.pool.ntp.org)
- Click Apply Settings
- Set Wireless as AP, set SSID and security

Plug a network cable from your router to one of the WN2000 lan port
filterextension
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 20:55    Post subject: How to use as repeater after upgrade? Reply with quote
I successefully upgraded the WN2000RPTv2 to DD-WRT using the steps suggested in this forum.

However, I am wanting to use the device as a wireless repeater right now, i.e. wirelessly receive WiFi signal, then rebroadcast the signal to a different SSID. Clearly this is possible, because the device was doing it before the upgrade to DD-WRT. I have done this successfully before on a router..

I was surprised that when I go into the settings, my only choices (doing this from memory) are like AP, client, client bridge, and I forget what the other ones are... but repeater or repeater bridge is not one of the options.

So, what I did was put the ath0 into client mode, enter the SSID of my other network, enter the security settings, then I created a virtual interface ath0.1 or something, set up that network, set up its security, etc.

Then, after rebooting the router, I see my new virtual network being broadcast. I can connect to that virtual network, but for some reason I have no internet access. It's like it isn't able to receive the wireless signal from the other router and then rebroadcast it's own network, but it definitely should, because it is a wireless repeater and I was doing that before the upgrade.

So, any ideas on how to fix this and why repeater and repeater bridge is not an option for me?
moviemaniac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am trying to install succesfully dd-wrt on my WN2000rptv2 following the steps on this thread. The first thing that I cannot easily determine is the latest release available for this hardware.

Can someone point me to the latest release available? (compatible with the hardware)
The latest I was able to flash is this one
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=betas%2F2016%2F05-19-2016-r29739%2Fnetgear-wnr2000v3%2F

all the others that I tried do not work since the extender does not boot succesfully.

Well, once I am in, I am not able to flash the webflash through the web interface, the progress bar loops unendlessly and nothing happens.

Supposing that the one I pointed out is the latest firmware that could be installed on this hardware, I would like to use my extender as an extender connected in wireless to my router. The router is downstairs in another flat, and we share the internet connection.

But there is no way I could succede in this. COuld you point me to the right tutorial/documentation on how to do this? In other words, I would like to use the WN2000rptv2 as a range extender, like I've used it up to today with the stock firmware.

Thanks
luisiangel11
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
moviemaniac wrote:
I am trying to install succesfully dd-wrt on my WN2000rptv2 following the steps on this thread. The first thing that I cannot easily determine is the latest release available for this hardware.

Can someone point me to the latest release available? (compatible with the hardware)
The latest I was able to flash is this one
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=betas%2F2016%2F05-19-2016-r29739%2Fnetgear-wnr2000v3%2F

all the others that I tried do not work since the extender does not boot succesfully.

Well, once I am in, I am not able to flash the webflash through the web interface, the progress bar loops unendlessly and nothing happens.

Supposing that the one I pointed out is the latest firmware that could be installed on this hardware, I would like to use my extender as an extender connected in wireless to my router. The router is downstairs in another flat, and we share the internet connection.

But there is no way I could succede in this. COuld you point me to the right tutorial/documentation on how to do this? In other words, I would like to use the WN2000rptv2 as a range extender, like I've used it up to today with the stock firmware.

Thanks

follow giopeco88 steps and download r29816 thats the latest i was able to flash
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: