Question on install files for Linksys wrt1900ac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Rashar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:10    Post subject: Question on install files for Linksys wrt1900ac Reply with quote
Greetings,

I've skimmed through some posts here and have a some questions regarding applying dd-wrt to my linksys wrt1900ac v1 router.

From dd-wrt there are 2 files posted... an img and a bin. I read here that the img is basically for stock router and bin is to upgrade an existing firmware. I have done nothing to the router so I take it that I should be using the img firmware?

Is there a difference between the files from dd-wrt as opposed to the files that reside on the ftp site that was listed in this forum? They all show the same file size...

Finally, the img or bin files from dd-wrt, are they Kong or BS firmwares or neither?

Thanks in advance
Sponsor
marksanctuary
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Huge difference!

If you're installing from the linksys firmware you have to use the .img file. The .bin files are for upgrading from within dd-wrt itself. Don't mix them up or you will end up with trouble.

The http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database is the official release versions of dd-wrt. The BrainSlayer releases are the main beta releases of dd-wrt which covers over 500 different routers. The Kong releases are secondary releases that Kong personally tests on a small handful of routers.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would also make sure to read the post on this thread by jsebean
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
It includes some helpful install guidelines as well as the best process to upgrade to new builds.
Rashar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you marksanctuary & Irken Skoodge for your information and direction. This will help me a great deal!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: