OpenVPN / TorGuard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Brewder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 22:19    Post subject: OpenVPN / TorGuard Reply with quote
I have a simple home network setup. WRT1900ACv1 is my main router with wireless clients... Gigabit switched network for the hard-wired nodes.. And an EA6500 acting as an AP in my basement to get the 5Ghz single down there.

Anyway, I'm intrigued by the OpenVPN / TorGuard setup. I see many people using a dedicated VLAN/VAP for the VPN protected traffic. But I'm curious why I wouldn't want to route ALL of my traffic through the OpenVPN? I have 3 desktops.. 3 laptops.. a bunch of cell phones and tables. In total maybe 15ish devices on my home network during a max usage scenario.

Just looking for some feedback/experience.

Thanks!
//Brew
Sponsor
davedarr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Possibly folks dont want every port to run thru the VPN because it slows data movement. Set PC's, laptops up on the VLAN for VPN and set up a different VLAN for gaming for when when that system does not need to be protected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: