TP-Link Archer C9 Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have 28493 and 27858 loaded on a couple of c9 routers with no reboot issues.
Please state what make and model router plus the build number and type of DD-WRT you are using. Screen prints and a network diagram can are also helpful. Before you create a new post, use the search function. Chances are your issue has happened to someone else.

Common F.A.Q.
Where can I get the latest test Firmware or older ones?
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/

Asus RT-AC66R on 3.x 28072 Giga
TP-Link Archer C9 on 3.x r54095
Sponsor
toysareforboys
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just picked up a C9 v1 on a boxing day deal Smile

Tried to flash it with 28493 but it kept saying invalid firmware so I flashed it with 28598: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/12-24-2015-r28598/tplink_archer-c9v1/

And it works perfectly!!

I followed this guide to allow guest access when it's set up as an access point instead of a router: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=966801#966801

-Jamie M.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:15    Post subject: multiple virtual interfaces Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I'm using the Archer C9 with DD-WRT v3.0-r28598 std (12/24/15).

I've configured one virtual WLAN interface on both bands (wl0.1 and wl1.1). Everything works as expected.

I wanted to add an additional virtual interface (wl0.2 and wl1.2) - devices recognise this new BSSID, but are not able to connect, either with security or without.

Can anyone confirm that this is a bug?
Previously I was using the WRT54GL with a similar configuration and without any problem.

Regards,
Alex
White7561
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
madman999 wrote:
I have 28493 and 27858 loaded on a couple of c9 routers with no reboot issues.

im using v2 i believe . can i use that build too? are all options working fine? and no speed decreased and no bugs whatsoever? if yes can u tell me step to install it ? cuz im not used to flash on tplink. thx
Watch7ower
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys,

successfully upgraded from stock TP-LINK f/w to the latest DD-WRT version (was initially terrified as there was a lot to read through but it went smoothly).

Couple of things:

1) No LAN light enabled for me either (PC is wired to LAN port 1)

2) Were there any specific wireless settings you guys adjusted which gave you significantly better performance?

3) Anyone played around with Tx Power or frequency (overclocking?) - I saw one person on here has set the freq. from 1000 to 1600 without issues, wondering if others have been as lucky.

4) When adding wireless security (WPA2 + AES) to my 2.4 and 5.0GHz channels, their reported speeds as shown in the webGUI go from 600Mbps to 30-150Mbps for 2.4GHz and about 150-200 for 5.0. Is this just a bug or am I doing something wrong?
talchas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
The absolute latest (beta 01-02-2016-r28647) appears to brick and not be recoverable from the recovery images in http://ww2.dd-wrt.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=283784 - the router downloads the image off of tftp, but it stays in the crashloop (otoh, I didn't pay enough attention to what exact version of stock I had on originally, though it the upgrade obviously did attempt to work). I haven't tried serial or anything (and am unlikely to bother).
HipHopBlond
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
VLAN2 is the WAN port and shall be assigned to Bridge None.
Why do you have port 2,3 and 4 in vlan2 with the wan port?

For IPTV Set top boxes. They used to connect with an ethernet switch, to remove the switch and connect them straight to the router, I setup a vlan with the WAN interface for the 3 STB's. Works like a charm without a switch Wink

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
talchas wrote:
The absolute latest (beta 01-02-2016-r28647) appears to brick and not be recoverable from the recovery images in http://ww2.dd-wrt.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=283784 - the router downloads the image off of tftp, but it stays in the crashloop (otoh, I didn't pay enough attention to what exact version of stock I had on originally, though it the upgrade obviously did attempt to work). I haven't tried serial or anything (and am unlikely to bother).

I have same problem, your post should be on the top!

by the way, I was used this file: http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2016/01-02-2016-r28647/tplink_archer-c9v1/factory-to-ddwrt.bin

what a h* is going on here.
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
loaded 28493 and am getting what appears to be a bogus generic address of 00:90:4C:0E:51:23 attached to eth2(the 5g wireless Nic).

Bought an identical c9 model and it also came up with this address. where is DD-WRT getting this from?

anybody else have this issue? have not seen this on any of the multitude of routers I have configured for DD-WRT. Unfortunately, flashing back to stock on this unit is not easy.

Please state what make and model router plus the build number and type of DD-WRT you are using. Screen prints and a network diagram can are also helpful. Before you create a new post, use the search function. Chances are your issue has happened to someone else.

Common F.A.Q.

LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
madman999 wrote:
loaded 28493 and am getting what appears to be a bogus generic address of 00:90:4C:0E:51:23 attached to eth2(the 5g wireless Nic).

Bought an identical c9 model and it also came up with this address. where is DD-WRT getting this from?

That's the mac address from the cfe, being filled in by the cfe into nvram when you make a long reset.
Stop doing those long resets!
Flashing stock firmware will fix it, you can also set the nvram mac variables manually.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks for the reply

what's the command to set the mac address manually?

i tried nvram set et0macaddr={the mac address printed on my router}

nvram commit

and it corrected eth0 and eth1 but eth2 remained with the 00:90:4C:0E:51:23 address

tried nvram set eth2macaddr={the eth0 mac address incremented by 2} and it set eth2 to the same address as eth0 and I ended up with a mysterious eth3 interface still set to 00:90:4C:0E:51:23

only way to get back to the way the original way was to issue an erase nvram command

thanks again

Common F.A.Q.

madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
along with eth2, br0 and br0:0 are set to this address of 00:90:4C:0E:51:23

doing a nvram show|grep mac reveals a couple of nvram variables that seem to wrong
0:macaddr and 1:macaddr

still seem to have values from the range of 00:90:4C

i fixed the erroneous bridge interface addresses going into setup/networking/bridge

Common F.A.Q.

Last edited by madman999 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 16:12; edited 1 time in total
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
seems like the non intuitive fix to the problem of eth2 being set wrong is to run the commands

nvram set 1:maccaddr={the address printer on the router incremented by 2} because the actual address is eth0, the 2.4 ghz lan card is eth1, and the 5 ghz wlan interface is eth2.

nvram commit

reboot

whats odd is there is a 0:maccaddr variable which is still set to some bogus address but doesn't seem to affect anything

Common F.A.Q.

lmpqwe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
lmpqwe wrote:
I have a TP-LINK AC1900 C9 v1. I used the stock GUI to load betas/2015/12-23-2015-r28586/tplink_archer-c9v1/factory-to-ddwrt.bin. DD-WRT booted and got a WAN IP and I was able to access the Internet. The only problem is that the router rebooted every few minutes. I tried to load an older DD-WRT webflash but the router rebooted again while it was in progress. Now it starts up with all lights blue and nothing works.

I want to get back to a working DD-WRT. I'm able to get into recovery mode and serve archerc9v1_tp_recovery.bin from a TFTP server. After the file transfer is done, nothing happens. The single light with the down and up arrows remains on and the router doesn't restart or anything. I read in other posts that it should reboot itself immediately after getting the recovery bin.

Now what?

I could really use some help here. I had to submit a rebate and can't return the router now. Does anybody have advice on using TFTP? Should uploading factory-to-ddwrt.bin renamed to archerc9v1_tp_recovery.bin reload DD-WRT?
Kometes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
talchas wrote:

I just ran into this same problem, I had to revert to stock firmware using the serial unbrick method. Once back into stock, I used the web panel to flash 12-24-2015-r28598 and now it's working great! Very Happy

The simpler recovery+TFTP method doesn't work, the crash loop persists after flashing. I was lucky that I happened to have the required hardware (USB UART and jumper wires) from my PS4 mouse/keyboard setup.

If anyone tries the serial unbrick method, make sure that you plug in the board and boot it into the crash loop before connecting the USB to your PC, otherwise it won't boot. You'll then see the boot output in putty (including the disk read error that results in the crash) and you can hold down ctrl-c to get into the CFE console on next boot.

lmpqwe wrote:
I want to get back to a working DD-WRT. I'm able to get into recovery mode and serve archerc9v1_tp_recovery.bin from a TFTP server. After the file transfer is done, nothing happens. The single light with the down and up arrows remains on and the router doesn't restart or anything. I read in other posts that it should reboot itself immediately after getting the recovery bin.

Now what?

This sounds similar to my issue, to fix it you'll need to use the serial unbrick method.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 70, 71, 72  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 19 of 72
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: